You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

If they drop points today then great but it should not change our focus, we should concentrate on winning our last 2 games. If you bring the whole thing into context can you imagine them going into the last 2 games , strange things happen at the end of the season. And remember they have to win their last 3 games if we do. one draw in their last 3 games would give us the advantage. The odds are around 50/50 today.

My granddad was an old school blue; the type who back in the day used to go to both Anfield and Goodison depending on who was playing. Even though he had a season ticket at the Pit,  he liked to see Liverpool do well at the same time. In fact, the only time he ever wanted Liverpool to lose was on derby day. I've got memories of watching the Gary Mac derby round at his and I'm running around the living room like a madman, skidding in front of the telly while he's slumped crestfallen on the couch.

If he were around today, I reckon he's one of the few blues who would have relished the potential permutations of this evening's match.

• Upvote 6

My granddad was an old school blue; the type who back in the day used to go to both Anfield and Goodison depending on who was playing. Even though he had a season ticket at the Pit, he liked to see Liverpool do well at the same time. In fact, the only time he ever wanted Liverpool to lose was on derby day. I've got memories of watching the Gary Mac derby round at his and I'm running around the living room like a madman, skidding in front of the telly while he's slumped crestfallen on the couch.

If he were around today, I reckon he's one of the few blues who would have relished the potential permutations of this evening's match.

I wish there were more blues (and reds) like your granddad around nowadays.

Defo, mate. It's pretty sad the way it's gone.

I think it came from growing up in the 60's when there was so much going on culturally and both Liverpool and Everton had good sides, so there was just enormous pride at how well the city was doing on the world stage. The reds and blues I know from that generation are all pretty much cut from the same cloth. There's obviously banter and piss taking surrounding the two teams, but it's all pretty harmless stuff. You never see it escalate beyond that.

I wish there were more blues (and reds) like your granddad around nowadays.

Agreed Im not from Liverpool but I always liked seeing Everton and lfc fans sitting together watching matches.

I honestly wanted Everton to get fourth and break up the domination by the other teams, if they were competing with us for that place obviously it would be very different.

If they can get anything today I will like their team a lot more.

I'm not buying into this obsessive focus on one of City's three remaining games.  Obviously, I want City to drop points in at least one of those games, but I don't care which one.

Our focus has to be on Palace.

My big worry now is that our fans are playing into the Bitters' hands.  Their dream scenario is that they beat City, Reds fans spend two days crowing about how Everton came through for us and then we drop points at Palace.

Just think how that'd feel, before you get caught up in all this "Blue for a day" bullshit.

• Upvote 2

It's terrible the way it's gone between the two clubs. One thing that was always great about the city was that aside from having two of the biggest and best clubs in the country, was that there was such good banter between the fans. I think their decline in some ways was worse than ours and has affected how they view themselves, which meant the younger generation of blues get involved in the small-time antics of wanting their own club to lose, before our mob win.

I genuinely have always wanted Everton to do well. I've even been to a few of their cup finals down the years, just like alof of my bluenose mates came to our finals for the banter. Fingers crossed the blues do us a good favour today.

• Upvote 1

My granddad was an old school blue; the type who back in the day used to go to both Anfield and Goodison depending on who was playing. Even though he had a season ticket at the Pit, he liked to see Liverpool do well at the same time. In fact, the only time he ever wanted Liverpool to lose was on derby day. I've got memories of watching the Gary Mac derby round at his and I'm running around the living room like a madman, skidding in front of the telly while he's slumped crestfallen on the couch.

My arl Fella was a staunch blue but of the same ilk as your Grandad he took me to my 1st game at Anfield ( boys pen) while he stood in the Kop if he was around today he would want us to win the league
  • Upvote 2