You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Fugitive

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

There's 2 massive differences in cases to be fair. Everton make losses and publish them. The only debate is if they have excuses for breaking the 105m 3 year threshold for losses. 

The cheats on the other hand are being accused of fraud. They're not trying to make excuses like Everton, they instead fiddle the books and inflate their incomes and pay people off the books, so without doubt it's going to take years to resolve. 

A club may have some genuine reason why it would happen once in the 3 year timeframe, but not multiple successive years, by a factor of more than 3X, as they have done. It's complete pisstaking.

Our accounts suffered more than any other club because of Covid, m'Lud.

Our accounts suffered more than any other club because of Long Covid, m'Lud.

Our accounts suffered more than any other club because of the Redshite, bronchitis, and a hurty leg, m'Lud

1 hour ago, Barrington Womble said:

Fair enough. I guess that'll come out when they're charged - who knows what they'll be ultimately charged with.

In relation to the above, they've been charged. "The Premier League’s case against Everton is based on queries they have raised about allowances claimed by the club for the impact of the pandemic, as well as queries over certain related-party transactions believed to involve Alisher Usmanov." This is the (1) PL (2) taking a club that signed up to PL rules (3) to task for breaking PL rules. You'd expect/hope the PL would know their own rules much better than anyone else, so fingers crossed it's flushing time at last. If they've broken sanctions maybe they can move their new ground to Gauntanamo? 

27 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

So that’ll benefit us. If Newcastle and Spurs lose this week and next week we beat Arsenal….

I should just give up on 4th

Yeah, its usually the bigoted religious and our bloo brethren that use mental gymnastics to convince themselves of something blatantly false.

That 2nd half yesterday was the nail in my hope coffin.

The bitters going down is the only bit of potential glee I have left. Schadenfreude at its finest

This will be the worst imaginable season. Arsenal will win the league, the  Cheats will win the CL and FA cup, United will win the League cup and Europa, Everton will avoid relegation and somehow escape a points deduction and Sportswashers Direct will get a CL place. But at least we’ll win the Fair Play award (because we never tackle anyone)

8 minutes ago, DaveT said:

This will be the worst imaginable season. Arsenal will win the league, the  Cheats will win the CL and FA cup, United will win the League cup and Europa, Everton will avoid relegation and somehow escape a points deduction and Sportswashers Direct will get a CL place. But at least we’ll win the Fair Play award (because we never tackle anyone)

DebbieDowner.webp

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, DaveT said:

The glass is always half full. But the glass is half full of poison. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, the chimp said:

In relation to the above, they've been charged. "The Premier League’s case against Everton is based on queries they have raised about allowances claimed by the club for the impact of the pandemic, as well as queries over certain related-party transactions believed to involve Alisher Usmanov." This is the (1) PL (2) taking a club that signed up to PL rules (3) to task for breaking PL rules. You'd expect/hope the PL would know their own rules much better than anyone else, so fingers crossed it's flushing time at last. If they've broken sanctions maybe they can move their new ground to Gauntanamo? 

I thought they'd only been referred to an independent commission though? I didn't see anything that said there were actual charges. 

Watched the match in town and then got a cab with my arl man to the Florrie for a gig yesterday,  As soon as we sat down, "Watch the match lads?" immediately identifying himself before starting on how we've been poor all year, Klopp as lost the dressing room, time to go. 

I asked him if he thought they'd get a points deduction this season, or next season for their made up accounts and he accused me of spending more time thinking about Everton than Liverpool.  

All the stereotypes are true.  We were only short of a "guess who was in here doing a line of Ket.....Salah" from shouting BINGO