You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres mega-thread

cole7

On 24/03/2024 at 12:03, Trojan1892 said:

I genuinely don’t understand the love in for him after what that cunt did by going to those rats, it’s absolutely baffling.

Hes as bad as Michael Owen imo.

I was going to mention both of them myself. To be fair to Owen,at least he didn't down tools and had already given many years of success and service to the club. Torres best form was fleeting at best.

• Upvote 1

Torres struggled with injuries every season apart from his first season, his last season under Hodgson was no worse really than the two before, including the season we finished second in 08/09. 

In fact he played more games that season than the two previous and in a far worse team, considering he left in January. 

Torres was a great player for us and we sold him at the right time.

Why anyone have a problem with Torres I’ll never know, maybe its some personal things people struggle with in life?

IMG_0326.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

IMG_0325.jpeg

I think most people didn't like the way he left, clearly downed tools which would be enough on its own but to then come out and say he's moving to a bigger club was even worse.

I have no ill will, if anything it made me realise it's best not expect complete blind loyalty from any player, Torres leaving was like a kick in the balls and really done my head in at the time but it won't happen again.

I did watch a YouTube of all his goals the other night, we got his best years, he was unstoppable for a period.

42 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I think most people didn't like the way he left, clearly downed tools which would be enough on its own but to then come out and say he's moving to a bigger club was even worse.

I have no ill will, if anything it made me realise it's best not expect complete blind loyalty from any player, Torres leaving was like a kick in the balls and really done my head in at the time but it won't happen again.

I did watch a YouTube of all his goals the other night, we got his best years, he was unstoppable for a period.

Did he even say Chelsea were a bigger club. I thought it was something like it's nice to movento a big club. This was all I could find, when he clarifies his words a week later. 

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2011/02/torres-admits-liverpool-are-a-bigger-club-than-chelsea/

Going to Chelsea was a sickener especially given our rivalry with them at the time. If he’d gone abroad I’d still have been heartbroken but I’d have got over it quicker. 

You could tell almost immediately he regretted going to them cunts. He won the champions league with them and I’ve never heard his wax lyrical about his time there. He probably has but I doubt he looks back with as much fondness as Anfield. The difference between a proper club with proper fans and a thrown together cacophony of entitled rich shit cunts. 

If we’d for Aguero alongside Suarez instead of Wor Andy I think most would have been happy. 

But as I’ve said, for two years he was as good a striker as I’ve ever seen. Him, Alonso and Gerrard were two steps ahead of the rest. More probably. Telepathic. If you want a reminder of how good he was, watch this

23 hours ago, gkmacca said:

Looking at the coverage yesterday, it was quite interesting to be reminded that Torres was fairly pleasant as an interviewee while Agger never pretended he didn't hate it all, then I remembered that Agger stuck his elbow out and flattened Torres in that Chelski game and my good sense returned. (All the same, christ, Agger must be a nightmare to interview at the best of times - 'What do you think our of our current centre backs?' 'Not bad'. Fank yew!') 

Igor Biscan looking like a middle-aged warrior-poet who ended up at the negotiating table at the Versailles Conference… 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

Did he down tools or had he just fell off a cliff? He still had his moments but his glory days had passed him by even when he was still with us. 

No he did not, it just fits someones story better. 

1 hour ago, Code said:

No he did not, it just fits someones story better. 

He downed tools. His attitude was a fucking disgrace and I was calling him out for it long before it transpired that he wanted out.

• Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, dave u said:

He downed tools. His attitude was a fucking disgrace and I was calling him out for it long before it transpired that he wanted out.

He definitely downed tools. Carragher has said it in multiple interviews and I think Gerrard mentioned it too. He wasn't trying or making as many runs and he was visibly moaning a lot more near the end. 

He could have just been calling Hodgson a cunt though

Did he start to make these runs or get his pace back when he left for Chelsea?

No he did not. 

His injuries made him have to change his game, he lost pace  and instead he became more of a creative, coming deeper.

It has happened to a lot of strikers, Owen included. 

1 hour ago, dave u said:

All these years later, Igor Biscan still makes me smile. It's just an involuntary reaction, I see him and it just brings a smile to my face.

Because you saw his cock and knew it probably wouldn’t hurt. 

I'm over Torres now. It hurt at the time and I held a grudge for years but I can let it go now. We were in the shitter at the time with Woy as manager, and the two dickhead cowboys running the club. Torres wasn't getting any younger and he couldn't wait around forever to see changes at the club that might never have come. £50M for an injury prone striker whose best years were in the past was a great deal in hindsight. It allowed us to sign a superior striker in Suarez too. All's well that ends well, and all that.

2 hours ago, dave u said:

I reckon he was already shit, the knee injury fucked him and he limped through over a year playing for us. He left because he wanted trophies. If all he needed was pride in the shirt, he could have stayed in Madrid. I didn't like the fact he left to them. But we absolutely played a part in his departure. Our club was shit and run by cunts. And he was a bellend who thought he was bigger than all that. 

Remember when Chelsea signed him and their fans nicked our flag design we had for him, not realising the Shankly Gates were on it!

Now that was funny. Absolutely nothing sums up those cunts better. 

All these years later, Igor Biscan still makes me smile. It's just an involuntary reaction, I see him and it just brings a smile to my face.

He always looks like he's just woken up and hasn't got a fucking clue where he is!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Ron B said:

One middle-aged warrior-poet who ended up at the negotiating table at the Versailles Conference

IMG_6658.png

I noticed when at the game on Saturday that one player (couldn't tell who) was late running out onto the pitch for the gathering before kickoff, he joined the line up when ynwa was already playing.

I saw some of the after game interviews on YouTube and it turns out it was Biscan, he was ready to come out of the tunnel with all the other player but didn't have his training top on so had to run back to the changies to get it.

Classic Igor.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Code said:

Why anyone have a problem with Torres I’ll never know, maybe its some personal things people struggle with in life?

What an odd thing to say.