You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Got to be the biggest load of conjecture, impression, hearsay and make believe I've ever read.

Hahaha. There is one paragraph in there which is conjecture and I acknowledge it is conjecture -- everything else is based on what I've observed. But if you'd like to offer a counter-argument to any of the points I've made, I welcome you to. Do you think it would be easy to displace a player who fans consider 'is Liverpool'? Why do you think he bypassed Lucas and Mascherano so often if he trusted them in possession? Why would he pull a player up, if he considered the injury to be legitimate? I'm all ears mate.

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good post that Ant, but I would suggest the rumours have stemmed from a lot of lads from Bootle spouting off last season to people saying that Jamie was saying 'Bide your time with Rafa lads, he'll be gone it's all part of the bigger picture'

Now it might not be Jamie saying stuff, it might be his arl fella or one or two lads who are in and around the area Jamie grew up in, but it has started from somewhere, and things like this don't grow without starting from something or someone.

I'm sick of all this bullshit divide at the moment there is a massive agenda being pushed by people on twitter, just because they didn't want Rafa to go. Well neither did I but I'm not acting like a fucking love sick schoolgirl along with many others who didn't want him to go.

I said this same thing a lot over the last 18 months, it wouldn't be Hicks and Gillett that would bring this club down further, it would our very fucking own. Yeah, we stopped those two cunts ruining us any more than they could ever dream of, but our a growing section of our very own supporters, gang of cheeky cunts, are doing thier very best at doing a better job than Dear Mr Hicks, yeah if your reading this Jefferies, your one of them and all your little arse licking worshippers.

Fuck this I'm having a pint.

To say he can never have too much power at the club is another representation of the kind of attitude a number of people will suggest has got us into the mess we are in at the moment. Just because somebody passionately loves a club does not mean they know what's best for it, and I can't believe I even have to say that.

Absolutely spot on.

Not what I said at all. As you probably know.

I trust their account of Rafa's departure as far as I could throw them.

I meant it as analogy for him on the field - I truly could care less what he says/does off the field. The only reason people would ever give that a minute is if the results on the pitch are lacking, he is a footballer, not a poet.

I'm sick of all this bullshit divide at the moment there is a massive agenda being pushed by people on twitter, just because they didn't want Rafa to go. .

It's not about Rafa for fuck's sake. It's about the here and now.

The spirit amongst the squad is amongst the worst that it's ever been at this club. That's where the rumours stem from. That and the fact that we've been lumbered with the worst manager we've had in living memory.

D you think if we were in the top 4 and Pellegrini - or whoever - was in charge, anyone would care about shite like this?

It's because Roy Hodgson got a job he should never have got - and why is Jamie Carragher about the only one publically backing Hodgson, something he's already done several times, whilst the likes of Reina and Torres seem at the end of their tether? These are the questions people are asking. It's not about Rafa tbh.

ritchie, you haven't got a clue, so just leave your keyboard alone.

I'm just telling you the context behind it. You can pretend it's all a few people crying because Rafa was sacked - and have now just decided to blame Carragher six months later - but it's not about that.

The dressing room seems rotten, with the spirit nonexistent. What sums up the season for me was Carragher shouting and bawling at Torres at the derby (about 5 minutes into the game) and Torres putting his finger to his lips. Most players just put up with his bullying.

Hodgson doesn't seem to have the backing of many of the players - apart from Carragher. Why is Carragher the only one going out of his way to defend him? The irony of Carragher doing an exclusive with Bascombe saying the Liverpool manager needs to be backed shouldn't be overlooked.

This threads turning into a love / loathe carra.

No he's not the player he was, he should be droppable based on form (but he is still integral to the side), he wears his heart on his sleeve and says what he thinks. Why knock him for that?

He takes pride in being a red and is clearly infuriated by the dross at the club that have no place here (and don't bleed Liverpool) I respect him for that.

Benitez has got nothing to do with the whole situation. He's relationship with Carra must have been hard, even though he made him a world-class centre back for 3-4 years he wasn't invited for his testimonial. Never got backing Hodgson gets every week. No plaudits and warm good bye like with Houllier. Moreover, instead of acknowledging some nice stuff we had under Rafa (as much stuff was bad) after his departure he and Stevie praised Houllier quite a lot, even before his arrival at Villa Park. It's even visible in his autobiography, that he criticises Benitez more than Houllier. I liked both of them to a certain extent, but think Carragher isn't fair-mined in their judgements.

I don't want to raise issues of Carragher contract extension (issue of lost dressing room started 3 days after him mentioning a necessity to leave at some point) or declining Benitez to start at right-back at Riverside Stadium nearly two years ago. Overall, Jamie is a proud and self-confident guy. He mentioned his ballplaying skills, even indirectly comparing himself with Rio Ferdinand. He resigned from playing at national level when wasn't a first-choice centre back. As Xabi said, Carra feels he's always right. Time will tell what part he played in Benitez sacking (Bascombe won't tell us I guess), but the split in the dressing room is very visible.

Stevie not celebrating Torres vs Sunderland, Carra shouting at Torres and Nando silencing him, Reina and Mascherano publicly backing Benitez with Monster criticised by Carragher very soon after his transfer. Carragher saying "it's players to impress the manager, not the other way round" referring to Torres and Reina. Also saying "commit or go" in one of the interviews in the summer. Torres and Mascherano possible targets. Add to that Pellegrini saying

Liverpool senior sources wanted an Englishan (Carra admitted in the summer "it was time for a change and get back to British way") and you can see Pepe Reina and Nando might not be happy with the choice now:)

The context behind it is the same people tweeting only negative shite to suit their agenda.

I was a bit harsh there ritchie and I apologise but to think it's not about Rafa for the majority on twitter pushing the rumours is more than a bit naive.

To be honest, I don't use Twitter so I don't know what's been posted, but the team spirit at Liverpool concerns me greatly. So i'd only guess that that, coupled with being lumbered with an awful manager - who has the backing of Carragher - is where the stick emanates from.

Why can't Carragher see what seemingly every fan can, and probably alot of the team, that this fella is simply no good?

Don't agree with "he can never have too much power" line. This is crazy and does not lead to healthy decision making. What if he fucks up big decisions? He's one person who's views and opinions should be included in the mix in a wider debate before decisions are made. Not the fucking be-all and end-all. I don't like the way he rants on the pitch and I certainly don't like and have never liked his non-defensive contributions but he has been and still is a big player for us when the chips are down. He was one of the top CB's a few years ago but time waits for no one and we need to get him into the coaching set-up soon to see what he can offer. At some point soon, probably towards the end of this season if we are just treading water in mid-table, we will need to drop him from being a starter and go with a new CB pairing (Kelly and Skrtel for me from whats available and assuming Agger is stuck on the treatment table as usual). Change is coming no matter that we may not like it.

Months and months of relentless Carragher bashing.

It's not about Rafa......

Couldn't care less what Carragher has said and to who, if he wants to call somebody a prick he can but lots of people were more than willing to use his name last season (whether it was 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th hand information) to justify various rumours. Now because people are calling him to account suddenly that's not true?

Maybe those blaming carragher for everything should be blaming people on different forums for trading off carra's name instead.

We can analyse this till we are blue in the face (no pun intended) but at the end of the day this will not go away (although Torres and Reina just might) until we have a manager who is strong enough to command respect from all these players and put an end to all this shite. Hodgson is clearly not that man and one of the reasons I want him gone (but replaced by the right person) is that every day that passes feeds this cancer more and more, definitely with the fans but also I suspect with the players. Its killing us and it cannot be allowed to fester anymore. Every loss creates blame, every blame creates disunity, every disunity creates loss. Its a vicious downward spiral which MUST be broken.

Hodgson doesn't seem to have the backing of many of the players - apart from Carragher. Why is Carragher the only one going out of his way to defend him? The irony of Carragher doing an exclusive with Bascombe saying the Liverpool manager needs to be backed shouldn't be overlooked.

The manager should always be backed, trouble is in this case the man in the job isn't up to it. But the position, irrespective of who comes and goes from it, has to remain sacrosant.

Guest ShoePiss

Read his book, it was obvious he hated Rafa as a person but seemed professional enough never to let that get in the way of things. I think he may have had an influence just like other senior players but to be accused as instrumental in Rafa's removal is ridiculous, there were a number of factors involved much more important than the opinion of Carragher...well that's what I think anyway.

He's a Liverpool legend and should be treated that way, so he called a fan or two pricks. I'd love to know word for word what they actually said to him. People often think they can say whatever they want behind the safety of an advertising barrier, it's a little like the internet where gobshites wouldn't dare say shit to you in the real world.

His career is coming to an end and in a perfect world he'd be getting used a lot less and would probably benefit hugely from that, as it stands he has to play every week. He deserves respect, he's more an earned it.

The spirit amongst the squad is amongst the worst that it's ever been at this club.

I didn't really buy into that but then John W Henry did recently say:

As one insightful player told me, “The spirit of the side needs to be there like a family – as one.”

Says to me we are not one and players think its enough of an issue to raise it with the owner....