You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Cole

Guest Nic

Malbranque is not good enough either. It amazes me that people can criticise players in the existing squad and then suggest buying mediocre players from elsewhere. Who's place would Malbranque take? That's the question we have to consider when buying from now on. If not certs for the team then don't buy.

Cheyrou playing for France shows again how much they rate Malbranque. We have an enormous squad, most of which is mediocre. Our next signings must be "edge of the seat" to quote Rick Parry. In midfield Van Der Vaart, Rosicky, Davids and Nedved are "edge of the seat" players. Malbranque and Cole would just be additions to an already bulky squad. Until we can get the right quality I suggest we save our cash.

Granted mate those are quality players but I can't see Nedved coming to us :( and we'd have to fight tooth and nail for Van Der Vaart, Davids is 31 soon and it will cost a lot for someone that age. Rosicky would be the most realistic possibility out of those players and he would be a good addition, as would Malbranque.:thumbup:

I thought Malbranque was left footed and played centrally. Where exactly would he fit straight in?? Whatever cash we have must go on defense or a pacy right midfielder.

My concern is that if we have signed Cisse for £14m, the available cash has been spent without addressing the most important issues.

Assuming we are buying Cisse then I can't see us spending much (if anything) on a midfielder unless we are raising cash from sales.I'd love to see Van Der Vaart or Nedved but it ain't going to happen because we're not going to be spending £30m-£40m in the Summer.

Even though Moores has said something along the lines of having to spend if necessary even if it means going into debt,I really can't see us spending more than £20m or so.

My bet would be we raise a bit from sales(I can't see any big clear-out),buy Cisse and a central defender (Gabbidon,Mexes?) and if there's a bit left over look to buy a right-sided midfielder.

I wouldn't exchange him for any of them. He's 24 and has never played for France. That's how highly they rate him.

That`s because national coaches mostly pick players from big clubs. That`s the only reasonable explanation on how the Nevilles get to play for England. Saha went to United and made his debut for France within a month. If Malbranque transfers to a big club he will soon be in the french squad. A quality player!

Spot on.

Saha was the same player at fulham as he is at Utd yet he only gets the call up after the move. If he moved to us and was playing champions league then he's be a cert for the french side, and i fancy him to be Zizou's long term replacement in the side.

Did someone just say Gabbidon?:eek:

Spot on.

Did someone just say Gabbidon?:eek:

Whenever I've seen him he's looked quick,committed and able to use the ball.He's still fairly inexperienced but I would have thought that he'd be good cover and a good long term bet for central defence.I think he's far better than our existing cover for central defence (assuming Carra's playing FB).

We need to buy a central defender this Summer and I don't really think we're going to be splashing out £10m or so for a ready made product.Do you?