You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest TK-421
How? What was he going to do in this extra time that he hadn't done in the previous 6 seasons?

How do you know he wouldn't?

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How do you know he wouldn't?

He wouldn't what? You're suggesting all he needed was more time, I'm asking you what he would do in that time that he hadn't done in the previous 6 seasons. I'm talking changing methods etc as the previous methods had failed.

Guest Deadbeat

if he's still at Inter and they finish 7th after 6 years of working hard and training hard, will their fans be in uproar if he was sacked?

if they were skint and he took millions of pound from them instead of resigning, would they think he was a hero if he donated £96 000 to a fans group?

If he wins Serie A it just shows he could have won the league for us, given a little more time.

how the fuck have you come to that conclusion?

he's going to arguably the best team in serie A

and they have just won a treble

how - in any way shape or form - is that comparable to our situation when he arrived?

if anything he should be EXPECTED to walk the title next year - but he won't

if he's still at Inter and they finish 7th after 6 years of working hard and training hard, will their fans be in uproar if he was sacked?

if they were skint and he took millions of pound from them instead of resigning, would they think he was a hero if he donated £96 000 to a fans group?

I'm off.

nucear-bunker.jpg

Guest TK-421
He wouldn't what? You're suggesting all he needed was more time, I'm asking you what he would do in that time that he hadn't done in the previous 6 seasons. I'm talking changing methods etc as the previous methods had failed.

How do you know he wouldn't win perpetual league titles?

All he needed to do was make the odd adjustment here and there. Improve on 86 points and 20 would follow 19 would follow 18 etc.

how the fuck have you come to that conclusion?

he's going to arguably the best team in serie A

and they have just won a treble

how - in any way shape or form - is that comparable to our situation when he arrived?

if anything he should be EXPECTED to walk the title next year - but he won't

It's just obvious, isn't it?

How do you know he wouldn't win perpetual league titles?

All he needed to do was make the odd adjustment here and there. Improve on 86 points and 20 would follow 19 would follow 18 etc.

It's just obvious, isn't it?

Thanks for clearing that up.

We would've won the league if he got to sign the people he wanted to.

Deserved red cards. We didn't blatantly bribe the ref. I don't know what is hard to see about this.

Have you ever watched a tape of that game? I'd advise you too.

I don't need to watch the tapes, as I watched them live. You think they were deserved red cards, but even with Kop-specs on, the first one was harsh, and the second one came when they were on top in the other game. There's no doubt the games were turned in our favour by them.

At the end of the day, the 45-year long hump that we could have been the "first" British team to win the European Cup is well and truly erased by all that we've won since. You don't get to keep the trophy for the "first" British club to win it, you do for winning it more than everyone else.

Corruption and bribery has always existed in Italian and Spanish leagues. Until recently in Eastern Europe, and still is the case in UEFA and FIFA. It's part of what we have to deal with. I'm not denying that Inter pressured the referee in 1965, but it was 1965 and compared to other Italian clubs today, Inter are relatively clean.

Why would Rafa be expected to walk the league title when Mourinho barely won it last season?

Was just reading about Roma after remembering seeing something a week or so ago. They're in serious financial trouble and have been taken over by a bank called Unicredit. So if you look at them as having problems and they finished second, Milan were next over 10 points further away, so realistically Rafa should be able to take the league with Inter, and some fans will probably be expecting it. I hope he manages it and has a good run in the CL aswell, but I can't see him actually winning the CL when there's Real and Barca being so strong.

Was just reading about Roma after remembering seeing something a week or so ago. They're in serious financial trouble and have been taken over by a bank called Unicredit. So if you look at them as having problems and they finished second, Milan were next over 10 points further away, so realistically Rafa should be able to take the league with Inter, and some fans will probably be expecting it. I hope he manages it and has a good run in the CL aswell, but I can't see him actually winning the CL when there's Real and Barca being so strong.

You may be right RP but the funny thing is that when Benitez was supposedly on his way to Juventus, people on here said that they were a shoo-in for Serie A next season but now he hasn't gone there they aren't even mentioned in despatches.

You may be right RP but the funny thing is that when Benitez was supposedly on his way to Juventus, people on here said that they were a shoo-in for Serie A next season but now he hasn't gone there they aren't even mentioned in despatches.

The Taliban are laboriously constructing their 2010-2011 attack on Rafa. If he wins the league or the CL its because he inherited a great team. If he does not then its because he destroyed a great team.

Just as well that Rafa could care less what they say. He will manage Inter as best they can be managed. The CL will be the hardest. There is so much luck involved - injuries and the draw.

I think he has a good chance in the European Cup too, of course Real Madrid and Barca will be strong, but Inter are up there with them with the side they have. They have a world class 'keeper, their defence is solid and reliable, with Cambiasso marshalling the midfield and Eto'o and Milito up front, they're as strong as anyone. The winners are almost certain to come from one of those sides, or Chelsea maybe though, so it wouldn't surprise me too much if he did repeat Mourinho's performance from last season.

I think he has a good chance in the European Cup too, of course Real Madrid and Barca will be strong, but Inter are up there with them with the side they have. They have a world class 'keeper, their defence is solid and reliable, with Cambiasso marshalling the midfield and Eto'o and Milito up front, they're as strong as anyone. The winners are almost certain to come from one of those sides, or Chelsea maybe though, so it wouldn't surprise me too much if he did repeat Mourinho's performance from last season.

Pah poo pah the Champions League.

Europa baby is where it's at.

Get out the atlas and learn the fine cities of eastern Europe and Scandinavia.

Cheap ale, fast women and a culling of the noveau-whopper post-Istanbul crowd!

Viva Balkans! Viva Baltics!

Europa baby is where it's at.

Get out the atlas and learn the fine cities of eastern Europe and Scandinavia.

Cheap ale, fast women and a culling of the noveau-whopper post-Istanbul crowd!

Viva Balkans! Viva Baltics!

And the draw for us is tomorrow at 12.30.

Guest PurpleNose
Do they still show Italian footy on tv? Would be interesting to see how the big Leg gets on.

ESPN.

Good coverage.