You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SD doing marvellous work here.

Defending someone for making an ill informed remark about Hillsborough, and now calling Scousers over-sensitive about Hillsborough.

Magic stuff.

Still at least you've made your point to Lifetime Fan - you don't run away from an argument, you stay and make it worse.

SD doing marvellous work here.

Defending someone for making an ill informed remark about Hillsborough, and now calling Scousers over-sensitive about Hillsborough.

Magic stuff.

Of course, what was I thinking, all those vile tags about me on this thread are clearly the work of easygoing, hard-to-offend individuals. How could I be so mistaken?

Still at least you've made your point to Lifetime Fan

It was all worth it then.

Of course, what was I thinking, all those vile tags about me on this thread are clearly the work of easygoing, hard-to-offend individuals. How could I be so mistaken?

It was all worth it then.

Bit of personal advice from one internet loser to another - you should really care a bit less about winning internet arguments.

Bit of personal advice from one internet loser to another - you should really care a bit less about winning internet arguments.

I keep getting needled all the time in various threads and it's hard not to respond, I am only human and I find it quite upsetting.

I won't be posting in this thread again.

Because he knows what an over-sensitive, easy-to-take-offence bunch of people Scousers are, especially where Hillsborough and Tories are concerned.

Don't let your self be confused between people with a strong sense of

identity and as you put it over-sensitive easy-to-take-offence bunch of people Scousers are.

There is a difference and I think you fail to grasp it. :wallbutt:

This know-nothing nobody asshole has jumped in and stirred this again, claiming that the Culture Minister should not have apologised.

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Councillor Russell Hawker adamant Hillsborough was caused by 'pushing'

Councillor Russell Hawker adamant Hillsborough was caused by 'pushing'

A POLITICIAN today continued to blame “pushing” and “boisterous Liverpool fans” for the Hillsborough tragedy.

Wiltshire councillor Russell Hawker spoke exclusively to the ECHO after yesterday linking the 1989 disaster to hooliganism.

Just hours after Sports Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s slur about Hillsborough, the Independent party member repeated the same incorrect accusation.

In a series of postings on his Twitter account, Hawker said: “Culture Minister Hunt should not have apologised.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[ if (typeof dartOrd == 'undefined') dartOrd=Math.random()*10000000000000000000; (function (x) { if (tm.defer) {tm.defer.defer(x); } else { document.write(x);}})('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" ' + 'src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/' + 'article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=hillsborough;zone2=hillsborough%2Dnews;sect=hillsborough%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat='+gs_channels+'' + ';tile=4' + ';ord=' + dartOrd + '?"><\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=hillsborough;zone2=hillsborough%2Dnews;sect=hillsborough%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=views_and_blogs;tile=4;ord=3358798100441801000?"></script>

<noscript> article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=hillsborough;zone2=hillsborough%2Dnews;sect=hillsborough%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=GS_CHANNELS;tile=4;ord=126469602? </noscript>

“Hillsborough disaster WAS caused by hooligans pushing and shoving!!!”

The Westbury West councillor continued in the same manner on further ‘tweets’, adding: “I sympathise with the victims, but just being real about the culprits.

“Pushing hard in a crowd is unruly, aggressive and dangerous.”

And a third message read: “I regard hooliganism as root cause of Hillsborough disaster, but other faults also occurred, eg crass police incompetence.”

By yesterday evening, the Westbury West councillor had apologised online, and said: “Some of my earlier comments are being taken out of context.

“I was not talking about victims. I am very sorry to anyone who took offence.”

But later exclusively speaking to the ECHO, Hawker repeated his assertion that supporters had to take a share of the blame.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[ if (typeof dartOrd == 'undefined') dartOrd=Math.random()*10000000000000000000; (function (x) { if (tm.defer) {tm.defer.defer(x); } else { document.write(x);}})('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" ' + 'src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/' + 'article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat='+gs_channels+'' + ';tile=4' + ';ord=' + dartOrd + '?"><\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=views_and_blogs;tile=4;ord=9922741208122196000?"></script>

<noscript> article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=GS_CHANNELS;tile=4;ord=310753965? </noscript>

The 48-year-old said: “You can’t have a crush if people stop pushing against each other.”

Hawker insisted he had read the Taylor Report and agreed he accepted that the fundamental blame for Hillsborough was a lack of crowd control.

But he had no response to our allegation that he was merely apologising now to stop the “hundreds and hundreds of emails” of complaint he had received.

He added: “I do think some of the cause was the culture of that crowd, in close bodily contact and there were elements of pushing, like the crowds at music festivals.

"Some of that was part of the problem, but I recognise it wasn’t the whole cause or the main cause of the problem. I am entitled to have a view.”

When challenged that his views were misinformed, based on the findings of the Taylor Report, he replied: “I don’t think I’m misinformed, I have a different view, that’s all.”

A spokesman for Wiltshire council told the ECHO Hawker’s views were not shared or endorsed by them

The councillors remarks came hot on the heels of Sports Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s embarrassing climbdown yesterday when the South Surrey West MP was censured for likening hooliganism with Hillsborough.

Hunt was compelled to make an apology and he agreed to meet with the Hillsborough families.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[ if (typeof dartOrd == 'undefined') dartOrd=Math.random()*10000000000000000000; (function (x) { if (tm.defer) {tm.defer.defer(x); } else { document.write(x);}})('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" ' + 'src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/' + 'article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat='+gs_channels+'' + ';tile=4' + ';ord=' + dartOrd + '?"><\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=views_and_blogs;tile=4;ord=3352139978862462000?"></script>

<noscript> article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=GS_CHANNELS;tile=4;ord=872796676? </noscript>

The Taylor Report ruled how South Yorkshire Police were solely to blame for the tragedy, accusing match commander Chief Supt David Duckenfield of “freezing” as senior officers were criticised for a “failure to control” and highlighted the fatal decision not to bar access to the Leppings Lane tunnel, leading to the already overcrowded central pens.

He ruled “hooliganism” was not a factor, but a lack of leadership and the paucity of perimeter fence gates were blamed.

Today Les Lawson, of the LFC Official Supporters’ Club, said: “Once again a politician has associated Hillsborough with hooliganism.

“We know the truth and one day the families will get justice when the real finger of blame will be truly pointed.

“This never goes away, there are always people who put their size 12s in and open old wounds. There are 96 families still suffering and the last they need is people in privileged positions coming out with these lies.”

Once again some idiot opens his huge bigoted uninformed gob, and then apologises, citing how they hope they haven't caused any offence. How about thinking about not causing offence before you mouth off? Of course you're going to cause offence. But, despite the apology, it's a case of once it's said, it's said - you cannot take it back.

This know-nothing nobody asshole has jumped in and stirred this again, claiming that the Culture Minister should not have apologised.

Liverpool Echo - Liverpool FC - News - Councillor Russell Hawker adamant Hillsborough was caused by 'pushing'

A POLITICIAN today continued to blame “pushing” and “boisterous Liverpool fans” for the Hillsborough tragedy.

Wiltshire councillor Russell Hawker spoke exclusively to the ECHO after yesterday linking the 1989 disaster to hooliganism.

Just hours after Sports Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s slur about Hillsborough, the Independent party member repeated the same incorrect accusation.

In a series of postings on his Twitter account, Hawker said: “Culture Minister Hunt should not have apologised.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[ if (typeof dartOrd == 'undefined') dartOrd=Math.random()*10000000000000000000; (function (x) { if (tm.defer) {tm.defer.defer(x); } else { document.write(x);}})('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" ' + 'src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/' + 'article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=hillsborough;zone2=hillsborough%2Dnews;sect=hillsborough%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat='+gs_channels+'' + ';tile=4' + ';ord=' + dartOrd + '?"><\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=hillsborough;zone2=hillsborough%2Dnews;sect=hillsborough%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=views_and_blogs;tile=4;ord=3358798100441801000?"></script>

<noscript> article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=hillsborough;zone2=hillsborough%2Dnews;sect=hillsborough%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=GS_CHANNELS;tile=4;ord=126469602? </noscript>

The Westbury West councillor continued in the same manner on further ‘tweets’, adding: “I sympathise with the victims, but just being real about the culprits.

And a third message read: “I regard hooliganism as root cause of Hillsborough disaster, but other faults also occurred, eg crass police incompetence.”

By yesterday evening, the Westbury West councillor had apologised online, and said: “Some of my earlier comments are being taken out of context.

But later exclusively speaking to the ECHO, Hawker repeated his assertion that supporters had to take a share of the blame.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[ if (typeof dartOrd == 'undefined') dartOrd=Math.random()*10000000000000000000; (function (x) { if (tm.defer) {tm.defer.defer(x); } else { document.write(x);}})('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" ' + 'src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/' + 'article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat='+gs_channels+'' + ';tile=4' + ';ord=' + dartOrd + '?"><\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=views_and_blogs;tile=4;ord=9922741208122196000?"></script>

<noscript> article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=GS_CHANNELS;tile=4;ord=310753965? </noscript>

The 48-year-old said: “You can’t have a crush if people stop pushing against each other.”

Hawker insisted he had read the Taylor Report and agreed he accepted that the fundamental blame for Hillsborough was a lack of crowd control.

But he had no response to our allegation that he was merely apologising now to stop the “hundreds and hundreds of emails” of complaint he had received.

He added: “I do think some of the cause was the culture of that crowd, in close bodily contact and there were elements of pushing, like the crowds at music festivals.

"Some of that was part of the problem, but I recognise it wasn’t the whole cause or the main cause of the problem. I am entitled to have a view.”

When challenged that his views were misinformed, based on the findings of the Taylor Report, he replied: “I don’t think I’m misinformed, I have a different view, that’s all.”

A spokesman for Wiltshire council told the ECHO Hawker’s views were not shared or endorsed by them

The councillors remarks came hot on the heels of Sports Secretary Jeremy Hunt’s embarrassing climbdown yesterday when the South Surrey West MP was censured for likening hooliganism with Hillsborough.

Hunt was compelled to make an apology and he agreed to meet with the Hillsborough families.

<script type="text/javascript">//<![CDATA[ if (typeof dartOrd == 'undefined') dartOrd=Math.random()*10000000000000000000; (function (x) { if (tm.defer) {tm.defer.defer(x); } else { document.write(x);}})('<scr' + 'ipt type="text/javascript" ' + 'src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/' + 'article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat='+gs_channels+'' + ';tile=4' + ';ord=' + dartOrd + '?"><\/scr' + 'ipt>'); //]]></script><script type="text/javascript" src="http://ad.uk.doubleclick.net/adj/liverpoolecho.5293/article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=views_and_blogs;tile=4;ord=3352139978862462000?"></script>

<noscript> article_mpu;slot=article%5Fmpu;zone=liverpool%2Dnews;zone1=local%2Dnews;sect=local%2Dnews;templ=page;cat=News;reg=NW;st=r2;oid=26753856;sz=300x250;gs_cat=GS_CHANNELS;tile=4;ord=872796676? </noscript>

The Taylor Report ruled how South Yorkshire Police were solely to blame for the tragedy, accusing match commander Chief Supt David Duckenfield of “freezing” as senior officers were criticised for a “failure to control” and highlighted the fatal decision not to bar access to the Leppings Lane tunnel, leading to the already overcrowded central pens.

He ruled “hooliganism” was not a factor, but a lack of leadership and the paucity of perimeter fence gates were blamed.

Today Les Lawson, of the LFC Official Supporters’ Club, said: “Once again a politician has associated Hillsborough with hooliganism.

“We know the truth and one day the families will get justice when the real finger of blame will be truly pointed.

“This never goes away, there are always people who put their size 12s in and open old wounds. There are 96 families still suffering and the last they need is people in privileged positions coming out with these lies.”

Once again some idiot opens his huge bigoted uninformed gob, and then apologises, citing how they hope they haven't caused any offence. How about thinking about not causing offence before you mouth off? Of course you're going to cause offence. But, despite the apology, it's a case of once it's said, it's said - you cannot take it back.

Because he knows what an over-sensitive, easy-to-take-offence bunch of people Scousers are, especially where Hillsborough and Tories are concerned.

That is a truly awful, awful comment.

And even if there was an ounce of truth in it, has it not occurred to you that Liverpool fans have a lot to be sensitive about regarding Hillsborough?

This know-nothing nobody asshole has jumped in and stirred this again' date=' claiming that the Culture Minister should not have apologised.

Unbelieveable but then again it smacks of some stupid cunt trying to be controversial to raise his own profile whoever advises these fuckwits really needs a severe kicking there are some things you really shouldn't comment on in public This Prick Needs to lose his fucking Job over those comments

I didn't say I hadn't, I said who needs to see the interview. Seeing the interview gives you no more context than reading it does.

Of course there's ambiguity in what he said, I even demonstrated exactly where the ambiguity was.

You'll once again have to explain how I had my arse handed to me, then disappeared.

I was watching the match you evil little fuck, I consider that more important than fuelling your prickish little vendetta against me.

I disagree, I would always prefer to see someone speak rather than read a statement from them.

Again I disagree, it was pretty bloody obvious to me he was talking of football thugs and hooliganism and used Hysel and Hillsborough as examples.

Just a quick example, do you still believe the fake libs will be in power for a generation? You were talking bollocks, I called you on it and you disappeared.

Delusions of grandeur mate.

I'll say what I said to RobbieOr on Facebook, he's an independent councillor from some obscure council trying to gain some profile by being controversial using twitter, you see it all the time, our local MEP will open his mouth on anything, from fat kids to the Gaza strip, the more controversial the better for him. 'look at me look at me'. Nobody cares.

^^ he's a nobody though, fuck him. Half of it is the Echo looking to wear its 'outraged' hat, something it's made a great deal of money from over the last few years. It might as well read "A manchester united fan called Paul from Salford says scousers are to blame for the second world war."

I was in a coma after Hillsborough and now live in Bristol, am about to do an interview with BBC Wiltshire about this fat turd and may even be on Points West later on TV.

He is a smug self-serving cunt, and I shall take him to the fucking cleaners.

All the best mate, nail the cunt.