You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Happy Rumour Mill (Takeover bids, transfer talks etc)

WhiskeyJar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simao hasn't played well in years, used to be a very good player

He'd still be the best wideman at the club even if he isn't as good as he used to be.

Even so he's the wrong age to go spending money on. Would prefer a gamble at the lower age range than the higher

Simao hasn't been at his best in years, used to be a very good player, this season he got a whopping 2 Goals and 3 Assists, 8 million? Eh No thanks! And he's 31 in October

Agreed, you can't argue with those stats no matter how good he played against us and age isn't on his side either.

If cheapness is the requirement!

I would have Simao playing off Torres, with Pacheco watching, learning and hopefully contributing a lot more.

If money is tight, Capdevilla and Govou could replace Aurelio and Kuyt on the flanks, with the money from Babel spent on Elia.

Kallstrom in on a free, or Altintorp just to offer Gerrard a bit of respite in the odd match, and left back will have to be a stop gap i.e. Matt Taylor or Traore from Arsenal. Prandic or a free from Ajax alongside Jovonovic, or if he will come that mad twat from Inter (Brazilian, can't remember his name)

Davies at centre half for five million, means that we can sell Mascherano and Aquilani to pay off this years instalment!

And we make sure the parasites leave sooner rather than later.

If cheapness is the requirement!

I would have Simao playing off Torres, with Pacheco watching, learning and hopefully contributing a lot more.

If money is tight, Capdevilla and Govou could replace Aurelio and Kuyt on the flanks, with the money from Babel spent on Elia.

Kallstrom in on a free, or Altintorp just to offer Gerrard a bit of respite in the odd match, and left back will have to be a stop gap i.e. Matt Taylor or Traore from Arsenal. Prandic or a free from Ajax alongside Jovonovic, or if he will come that mad twat from Inter (Brazilian, can't remember his name)

Davies at centre half for five million, means that we can sell Mascherano and Aquilani to pay off this years instalment!

And we make sure the parasites leave sooner rather than later.

Capdevilla has signed a new contract.

Capdevilla has signed a new contract.

The fucker!

Well ignore that plan then, the whole of my plan was based on him and without him, it just wouldn't work!

I'm done with football, i'm going to support Rugby Union, where they don't let a little thing like sexual assault get in the way of the England team!

Rafa closing in on £8.5M Argentine playmaker - Liverpool FC

According to reports in both the Spanish and Argentine press, Liverpool are set to sign Valencia's talented young midfielder Ever Banega for a fee of £8.5m as Rafa Benitez begins his rebuilding process at Anfield.

The young Argentinean has been a long-term target of Benitez but also David Moyes who attempted to sign the 21-year-old on loan last summer. However, it would seem that Liverpool rather than Everton have won the race for his signature.

Last summer Everton attended a home office meeting in London to push through the necessary paperwork to seal a late transfer window move but the deal could not be agreed. The Toffees loss could be Liverpool's gain as he could be a very exciting signing for the club and fill the role that was vacated by Xabi Alonso's exit last summer.

The 21-year-old joined Valencia in January 2008 but after just 47 League appearances for the club (40 starts) the Spanish side are likely to offload the youngster. Valencia's financial problems are well documented but they are set to take a loss on a player signed for £14m.

Ironically, Banega has had his best season with the club after making 35 league appearances (33 starts which is a major breakthrough considering in his first season he only started seven league matches and then was loaned out to Atletico Madrid).

However, despite a tough start to his time in Europe, Banega has shown enough talent to impress Rafa Benitez who is keen to bring him to Liverpool to join fellow Argentines Javier Mascherano, Maxi Rodriguez and Emiliano Insua

Even if we had £8.5M why the purple fuck would we buy another central midfielder?

Surely between them Mascherano, Gerrard, Lucas and Aquilani have the attributes to construct a functioning midfield with some backup on the bench. Another one wouldn't hurt in an ideal world I suppose, but we only have one left back and he's hardly a world beater, and we only have one goalscoring striker.

If we waste some of our no doubt extremely limited funds on a midfielder without addressing those positions first then I am going to go stark raving bonkers.

Happily the source appears to be some betting site, so it's probably monumental bollocks.

President of alhilal club ( saudi club ) announced that alhilal will play against Liverpool at the summer , the match will be in Vorarlberg ( Austria ) .

Also , the news is announced by Vorarlberg site

FC Liverpool spielt in Altach auf - oesterreich.ORF.at

translation:

Liverpool plays in Altach

The football stadium of the first division Altach is 20 years old. In celebration takes place on an international top clubs in Altach: the English tradition meets club Liverpool on 17 July 2010 on Al-Hilal from Saudi Arabia.

Top players in the squad

20 years is the old stadium, the name was changed during the time of beak on wood Cashpoint Arena.

On the occasion of the anniversary play in the stadium of FC Liverpool and Al-Hilal against each other. In the English club play, among others Fernando Torres and Steven Garrard. For Al-Hilal squad includes the Brazilian Thiago Neves and the Swedish international Christion Wilhelmsson.

it will be great feeling when I see my local team ( alhilal ) play against liverpool , can't wait to watch it

As much as a like Banega as a player, we don't need another fucking centre midfield. It's just more bullshit from the media because we don't actually have £8.5mil !

I could see Mascherano, Aquilani or Gerrard (maybe two or all three) going so this may be one of their replacements.

He'd be a good replacement for Aquilani if we could get our money back on the cross eyed one.

I could see Mascherano, Aquilani or Gerrard (maybe two or all three) going so this may be one of their replacements.

He'd be a good replacement for Aquilani if we could get our money back on the cross eyed one.

I doubt Aquilani would go, been told Gerrard is defo staying but unsure about Mascherano and think he may go after his comments of late.

Guest PurpleNose
Even if we had £8.5M why the purple fuck would we buy another central midfielder?

Surely between them Mascherano, Gerrard, Lucas and Aquilani have the attributes to construct a functioning midfield with some backup on the bench. Another one wouldn't hurt in an ideal world I suppose, but we only have one left back and he's hardly a world beater, and we only have one goalscoring striker.

If we waste some of our no doubt extremely limited funds on a midfielder without addressing those positions first then I am going to go stark raving bonkers.

Happily the source appears to be some betting site, so it's probably monumental bollocks.

Banega for £8.5m would be a really good deal if one of Mascherano or Gerrard did have to go. He'd be no replacement for the latter but would hopefully improve our football if the former does still harbour thoughts of Barcelona.

We dont need a CM.

If El Jefe goes, play Aquilani and spend the money on a forward, a winger and a left back.

I dont expect that to happen though.

If Mascherano goes, then that would leave Lucas! Selling Mascherano for 30 million and buying his replacement for 8.5 is, I think, what we should be doing, that should give us the money to buy a wide player like Elia and a couple of forwards.

I would still buy Govou, and Pranic just to build the squad, I cannot for the life of me think of a left back though.

Is Banega the sort of midfield destructor that could be a like for like replacement for Mascherano?

Not at all, which would make this signing very strange to me. If Banega's coming and Gerrard's staying, Aquilani's gone in my opinion.