You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Isn't it sad that our football club has become a political battlefield, where stories are leaked to the media for personal gain.

I desperately want Hicks and Gillett out, but I am every bit as desperate to see the back of Rafa Benitez as well.

I stand corrected on this,but I'm sure Graham Smith as a legal background,he doesn't have to come on here to make any statement in response to some Blert whose started a rumour.

To add, you shouldn't go casting aspersions on peoples character you gutless clueless turd

What the fuck are you talking about Durango. I just said I've heard otherwise, from what Graham has said, and correct me if I'm wrong Graham, but only a few people of the committee actually get in on these meetings don't they?

I'm not calling him a liar, and I have nothing but admiration for what he and the rest do on the SOS committee.

But what do you want me to do Durango, completely ignore what others have said to me just because someone from a group said otherwise, when that group themselves would have nothing to gain from admitting the meeting.

Look at my other post.

Look I don't want to get involved in a massive shit slinging contest, because quite frankly Benitez has split this fanbase far too much for me to slag off people I still know personally in SOS.

But what I will say what I said before. I've heard from many people that a meeting did take place, and I know that in the past rightly or wrongly SOS have kept stuff from the public domain, which is understandable, because I have been involved in meetings which have done the same when SOS was first established.

Can you imagine the shit storm that would follow SOS admitting to a meeting with Benitez and the content of that meeting being released? In all honesty, the last thing this fractured club needs is a revelation to come out like this.

Sorry, but there is a big fuck off fire in the middle of town, Rafa wants the owners to come out and say it wasn't his fault, whilst he's off blaming literally every Tom Dick and Harry.

I honestly don't understand what you're saying.

What is the issue with SOS admitting to a meeting with Benitez? And what does this 'allegedly secret, if indeed it ever took place, meeting' have to do with the 'big fuck off fire in the middle of town'?

You know what, if it's some top secret underground shit that can't be shared with the rest of us, then it's cool, I'll take your word for it and ignore the possibility that someone somewhere with an axe to grind is just making shit up.

What the fuck are you talking about Durango. I just said I've heard otherwise, from what Graham has said, and correct me if I'm wrong Graham, but only a few people of the committee actually get in on these meetings don't they?

I'm not calling him a liar, and I have nothing but admiration for what he and the rest do on the SOS committee.

But what do you want me to do Durango, completely ignore what others have said to me just because someone from a group said otherwise, when that group themselves would have nothing to gain from admitting the meeting.

Look at my other post.

So using the same measure, the Gerrard rumours MUST be true - because you know, you've heard them from too many other people.

I honestly don't understand what you're saying.

What is the issue with SOS admitting to a meeting with Benitez? And what does this 'allegedly secret, if indeed it ever took place, meeting' have to do with the 'big fuck off fire in the middle of town'?

You know what, if it's some top secret underground shit that can't be shared with the rest of us, then it's cool, I'll take your word for it and ignore the possibility that someone somewhere with an axe to grind is just making shit up.

I'm putting my past experience, knowledge from other people and gut instinct together and concluding that this meeting happened.

Thats it for me

Fuck off Rafa Benitez

Well, yes you are calling him a liar, because he's told you no meeting took place. Or are you now suggesting there is a secret cabal - a committee within the committee - the Illuminati of SOS?

I'm putting my past experience, knowledge from other people and gut instinct together and concluding that this meeting happened.

Thats it for me

Fuck off Rafa Benitez

Are you drunk? I'm sorry but this made me laugh. You seem really angry though.

Thats it for me

Fuck off Rafa Benitez

Now we have established that it definitely happened, what do you think was said at the meeting? Do you think they have other secret meetings arranged?

And here in lies the problem with the forum of late, there are people on it and I don't need to go into names everybody knows who they are who will just make up shit, jump on anything they can to slate Benitez. It's a sad state of affairs when respected posters go to these lengths in order to get what they want. The ironic thing is these same people are slating Benitez saying he is manipulating, lying to the fans to get them on side and yet are doing the exact same thing.

And here in lies the problem with the forum of late, there are people on it and I don't need to go into names everybody knows who they are who will just make up shit, jump on anything they can to slate Benitez. It's a sad state of affairs when respected posters go to these lengths in order to get what they want. The ironic thing is these same people are slating Benitez saying he is manipulating, lying to the fans to get them on side and yet are doing the exact same thing.

EverybodysDoingIt.jpg

Look at my other post.

Accept what Graham Smith says (as a committee member) or carry believing a rumour.

Others have told you different?

are they more qualified to pass judgement than Graham Smith?

The choice is yours,it's not hard.

Enough irony in that to give Alanis Morissette the squits.

Aug 2009, 6 posts.

"Problems with the forum of late"?

Guest ShoePiss
Depends where you are coming from though isn't it?

I don't trust Benitez, and I have reservations with SOS.

Look at my other post.

Glad that's clear then!

Maybe the results are getting worse, maybe the football's getting worse, maybe the manager's taking the piss more and more.

Maybe that's why the antagonism is rising and the forum is changing.

No?

Are these good enough reason to make up lies?

Someone had heard the rumour, asked if anyone else had heard it. Many have (I have), people asked for some inside info, they've been given it.

Few if any have lied, but now suddenly THE FORUM has a problem?

Personally I find some of the pro-Rafa posters as snide as anyone, but I don't denounce the whole package for that.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Rafael Benitez is a fucking cunt.

Thanks for listening.

You're a fucking legend. Comedy indignation isn't something you see every day. This forum has layers of complexity.

Guest the boy
Maybe the results are getting worse, maybe the football's getting worse, maybe the manager's taking the piss more and more.

Maybe that's why the antagonism is rising and the forum is changing.

No?

Therefore fictitious, malicious rumours may be started. Okay? People may have heard this rumour but, as ever, it has mutated into a series of 'probably's and 'its safe to say's.

Ted: I don't think I was acting smugly. I come onto this forum to discuss football and have no interest in the silly personal games on here.

I presume it's been confronted - I've only scanned since - but ANTYNWA has commented 'there's no smoke without fire'. Fair enough. But it's familiar. The Sun; Calvin MacKenzie; Steven Cohen. The Chelsea fans who launched a torrent of 'paedo' at Gerrard on sunday. Evertonians and their behaviour towards Fowler. The whole host of other ridiculous rumours that have enveloped this club, increasingly over the past decade.

Where do you draw the line? You could defend it, justifiably you'd claim, as this rumour is not nearly as severe as those. But the issue is form and not substance. The same posters, and this translates then into fans you meet in the 'real world', who have written long, verbose posts lauding Carragher, Dalglish, Mourinho and a return to 'the liverpoolway' are caught, time and time again, passing off as fact that which is nothing more than hearsay. If these posters, and fans, were content to remain in the gutter, than fine. But time and time again they take the moral high-ground against figures at the club. Certain rumours are flagged down immediately; others left to ignite until they are passed as fact. It's a little easier to personally attack Benitez: he isn't Gerrard, he's 'a fucking cunt'. 'A fat Spanish cunt'.

It's all part of a general trend: at the moment, there are parts of every aspect related to the club dragging it down.

Edited by the boy