You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last game you've played...

RedKnight

• 2 weeks later...

Replaying Cyberpunk at the moment. Never lived up to the hype(what does) buy if you played it a year or so after release and with the bugs sorted it's a decent game. 

Seems to be a real lack of quality releases these days. 

Anyone got a switch and use it in the tv. If so how do you find the games. Just looking fir sone simple Mario type platform games. The games seem to hold price on the system,even old games still £25/30 

12 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Replaying Cyberpunk at the moment. Never lived up to the hype(what does) buy if you played it a year or so after release and with the bugs sorted it's a decent game. 

Seems to be a real lack of quality releases these days. 

Anyone got a switch and use it in the tv. If so how do you find the games. Just looking fir sone simple Mario type platform games. The games seem to hold price on the system,even old games still £25/30 

I think the switch looks great on a 4k tv. Obviously not 4k or hdr but the graphics are very decent. Super Mario Odyssey is obscenely good. I showed it to my nephews on release and they were gobsmacked at the quality. They still use theirs now.

Baldur's Gate 3 is fantastic, amazing job by Larian. They're reaping the rewards too- 2.5 million sold in early access apparently, and I'd be surprised if they have haven't sold at least another 500K or so since Thursday's full release. It peaked at just under 600K concurrent players yesterday, which is incredible for an old school CRPG (Divinity Original Sin 2 didn't go over 100K). That puts it nearly in the top ten all time on Steam, and it's likely to go even higher today. Just shows what you can do when you release a polished game without bullshit microtransactions, DRM, season passes etc.

https://steamdb.info/app/1086940/charts/

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Mudface said:

Baldur's Gate 3 is fantastic, amazing job by Larian. They're reaping the rewards too- 2.5 million sold in early access apparently, and I'd be surprised if they have haven't sold at least another 500K or so since Thursday's full release. It peaked at just under 600K concurrent players yesterday, which is incredible for an old school CRPG (Divinity Original Sin 2 didn't go over 100K). That puts it nearly in the top ten all time on Steam, and it's likely to go even higher today. Just shows what you can do when you release a polished game without bullshit microtransactions, DRM, season passes etc.

Am really happy for them how well it's gone. I played early access and liked it but when they added more stuff I didn't go back as I'd have probably just got frustrated at the end wanting to see what was next.

Being back now it looks and plays well but I've no idea of what it's like overall because I'm still near the start. I'm preparing to clear out the goblin camp again and that took me fucking ages last time (mainly because I was stubborn and fought them all head on at the gates of the camp.) So I'll probably be playing for hours before I get equipment/skills/items ready and try again to get past that.

If it all gets too insane will skip the goblin camp and try heading further in avoiding it, then go back on a playthrough later to include it. It was one of the maddest rpg battles I remember doing in a long time though so I'm partly looking forward to getting back there.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Am really happy for them how well it's gone. I played early access and liked it but when they added more stuff I didn't go back as I'd have probably just got frustrated at the end wanting to see what was next.

Being back now it looks and plays well but I've no idea of what it's like overall because I'm still near the start. I'm preparing to clear out the goblin camp again and that took me fucking ages last time (mainly because I was stubborn and fought them all head on at the gates of the camp.) So I'll probably be playing for hours before I get equipment/skills/items ready and try again to get past that.

If it all gets too insane will skip the goblin camp and try heading further in avoiding it, then go back on a playthrough later to include it. It was one of the maddest rpg battles I remember doing in a long time though so I'm partly looking forward to getting back there.

I always avoid buying into early access games as I know I'll be bored of them by the time the full version is released. Been a long wait for this one, but it's worth it, absolutely cracking game. Now in the top 10 all time concurrent users on Steam, and will likely hit 750K later when the West Coast get on it-

image.png

image.png

12 hours ago, Mudface said:

I always avoid buying into early access games as I know I'll be bored of them by the time the full version is released. Been a long wait for this one, but it's worth it, absolutely cracking game. Now in the top 10 all time concurrent users on Steam, and will likely hit 750K later when the West Coast get on it-

image.png

image.png

Yeah I got it hoping they'd keep adding more content until there was a decent bit there but when I realised it wasn't going to be enough to get to Baldur's Gate after the start I left it.

Was laughing at this recently too, even if it was half joking they probably had a bit more work than expected.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Mudface said:

Going to get that on the PS5. 

On 30/07/2023 at 02:22, Lee909 said:

Anyone got a switch and use it in the tv. If so how do you find the games. Just looking for some simple Mario type platform games. The games seem to hold price on the system,even old games still £25/30 

I follow this channel on YouTube, they do regular reviews of hidden gems and let's you know when there's decent stuff on sale. Like you said the first party stuff holds it's value but there's regularly third party stuff at ridiculously low prices, been tons of great games I've ended up buying for less than a fiver, been loads at about 89p too. 

https://youtube.com/@SwitchUpYt

I usually log in to the Nintendo website every now and then, makes it a bit easier to search for stuff, and then I add anything I like the look of to my wishlist and when there's sales on its easier to go straight to the stuff I'm after. 

On one hand I've saved myself a load of money, on the other I've still spent quite a bit on sales and I've got a massive backlog. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Baldur's Gate 3 yesterday with my save file at 60+ hours. If I added all the times I failed fights though and the few times I went back to earlier saves to do something different I might've played closer to 80+ hours I think. I had a few issues with the game and the ending didn't go too well for me at first because I wasn't prepared enough, when I went back though I eventually got it finished.

There was a few more performance issues/bugs near the end than I had in the rest of the game but patches should sort that out I guess, and my pc that's fairly old now wasn't helping much either. Mainly though I think it's a really awesome game and it could easily be one of my top 10 all time favourites. I'm now on a second run playing the Monk class and already glad to be back on it. This time though I'm taking my time more hopefully, or at least doing more stuff than I did first time where I was partly rushing through to finish the main story to see how it turned out.

I've barely played any other game since getting on this and that might carry on for a while yet, it's been seriously addictive. Larian have done an amazing job on the game and it's good to have another great RPG to play.

Just loaded up Armoured Core: Fires of Rubicon. Had my arse handed to me. The combat system is very similar to Sekiro - it's basically a mech warrior game in a souls style. Very good start.

1 hour ago, janmolby said:

Not played anything for ages but looking forward to this starfield. Bethesda make some brilliant games, fallout 3 being one of my all time favourites. Finally put my lads Xbox to use.

Apparently they’re not releasing review code before the embargo. They did the same with the game they released by  Arkane Studios. Normally not a promising sign. I’d be inclined to wait and have a crack at No Man’s Sky.

6 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Apparently they’re not releasing review code before the embargo. They did the same with the game they released by  Arkane Studios. Normally not a promising sign. I’d be inclined to wait and have a crack at No Man’s Sky.

Review codes went out a while ago (10-15 days), there's been some issue with UK/European codes (Eurogamer apparently didn't get one) but American outlets have had them for a while and some have completed the main story in time for the embargo finishing in an hours time.

7 hours ago, janmolby said:

Not played anything for ages but looking forward to this starfield. Bethesda make some brilliant games, fallout 3 being one of my all time favourites. Finally put my lads Xbox to use.

Same, sunk thousands of hours into Fallout 3, Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Only question is how long after the reviews are out will I be on Amazon buys a Series S (or will I push to an X if the performance on the S is questioned).

Not sure if it get's mentioned in the above but sounds like it's a very good Bethesda game with some much needed quality of life improvements.

Inventory system is apparently not great, and there's no local maps for planets/cities which seem's poor.

For those who need accessibility options it's not great either which is a shame given the strides made by games recently.