You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa to Juve?

Rocky Sullivan

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes Rafa you wont be meeting them but your representatives will, same as you never met Liverpool 6 months before you joined us, but your representatives did.

Probably right to be fair but then again everyone does the same. When you are unsure on your future in your current employment you check on other options.

Rafa is probably going this, like players have done to us previously. Xabi last season being a prime example. Nothing wrong in it.

I thought you might of heard off somebody, anyway Lance I was flicking through the papers in work and seen this, thought of you

chuck-from-planet-51_1280x1024.jpg

First Woo gets his own film, and now I do. Superb.

ps - Yeah, I heard it off someone... I thought you were thinking that I was just being a WUM. (A possibility, but I wouldn't have thought up a place like that)

Rafa rubbishes Juve deal claims - Liverpool FC

Rafa rubbishes Juve deal claims

31st Jan 2010 - Latest News

Rafael Benitez has today rubbished further press speculation linking him with a move to Serie A side Juventus.

"Contrary to reports in the Italian media this weekend, I want to make it absolutely clear I have no agreement with Juventus and have not and will not be meeting Juventus or their representatives or any other club," said the Liverpool manager.

"I have a long term contract with Liverpool and I'll repeat what I said on Friday that I am happy here and my only focus is to do my job as well as I can to get the team back into to the top four, beginning with the derby against Everton."

Sounds familiar - found this from 2004 - a week before he joined us..

Valencia coach Rafael Benitez has moved to quash speculation linking him to Liverpool by stating categorically that the intends to stay with the Spanish champions.

Although the Anfield board have reportedly put the Spaniard at the top of their list to take over from Gerard Houllier, who parted company with the club on Monday, Benitez says he has no interest in the position.

Speaking on Valencia-based Radio Nou, he said: "I am in no hurry to go to Inter Milan, Barcelona or Real Madrid, or any other club. I want to stay at Valencia. It's already a big club."

Changing bizarrely to speak about himself in the third person, he added: "It's clear that Benitez is not looking for a team."

Under Benitez, who replaced Argentinian Hector Cuper in 2001, Valencia have become the foremost team in Spain's Primera Liga, even though they do not boast the spending power of traditional giants Real Madrid and Barcelona and are heavily in debt. They won both the domestic league title and the Uefa Cup in the season just ended and Benitez is believed to be keen to test his Valencia side against the continent's best in next season's Champions League.

Sources in Spain remain sceptical, however, viewing today's statement as little more than a smokescreen, and according to today's Liverpool Echo, the deal to bring Benitez to Anfield has already been done.

"Benitez will jump at the chance to follow Gerard Houllier into the Anfield hot-seat. He has already told associates he is relishing the prospect," they report.

"There are still negotiations to take place and technicalities to overcome, but the Kop will see Benitez take charge for Liverpool's first Premiership game in August.

"It would now take a monumental u-turn from the man himself to stop a deal going through over the next few weeks."

The club, however, refused to be drawn on the subject: "We are making no comment. Rick Parry is out of the country and no decision on the managerial side will be made until he is back."

Earlier this week Benitez muddied the waters by saying that although he is happy at Valencia he may consider a move.

"I am very happy here, but one day they are shouting your name and the next they are booing you," he said.

Sounds familiar - found this from 2004 - a week before he joined us..

Valencia coach Rafael Benitez has moved to quash speculation linking him to Liverpool by stating categorically that the intends to stay with the Spanish champions.

Although the Anfield board have reportedly put the Spaniard at the top of their list to take over from Gerard Houllier, who parted company with the club on Monday, Benitez says he has no interest in the position.

Speaking on Valencia-based Radio Nou, he said: "I am in no hurry to go to Inter Milan, Barcelona or Real Madrid, or any other club. I want to stay at Valencia. It's already a big club."

Changing bizarrely to speak about himself in the third person, he added: "It's clear that Benitez is not looking for a team."

Under Benitez, who replaced Argentinian Hector Cuper in 2001, Valencia have become the foremost team in Spain's Primera Liga, even though they do not boast the spending power of traditional giants Real Madrid and Barcelona and are heavily in debt. They won both the domestic league title and the Uefa Cup in the season just ended and Benitez is believed to be keen to test his Valencia side against the continent's best in next season's Champions League.

Sources in Spain remain sceptical, however, viewing today's statement as little more than a smokescreen, and according to today's Liverpool Echo, the deal to bring Benitez to Anfield has already been done.

"Benitez will jump at the chance to follow Gerard Houllier into the Anfield hot-seat. He has already told associates he is relishing the prospect," they report.

"There are still negotiations to take place and technicalities to overcome, but the Kop will see Benitez take charge for Liverpool's first Premiership game in August.

"It would now take a monumental u-turn from the man himself to stop a deal going through over the next few weeks."

The club, however, refused to be drawn on the subject: "We are making no comment. Rick Parry is out of the country and no decision on the managerial side will be made until he is back."

Earlier this week Benitez muddied the waters by saying that although he is happy at Valencia he may consider a move.

"I am very happy here, but one day they are shouting your name and the next they are booing you," he said.

Perhaps he did want to stay.

Perhaps he did want to stay.

He did, but not for the short-term contract they offered him. He thought he deserved a better, longer contract. They said no. We offered him a better deal (plus FULL CONTROL) so he took us up on it.

Given that context I think you're right.

He did, but not for the short-term contract they offered him. He thought he deserved a better, longer contract. They said no. We offered him a better deal (plus FULL CONTROL) so he took us up on it.

Given that context I think you're right.

Exactly , this is why I dont think he'll be going anywhere. Especially if we get the top 4 finish.