You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish Bellers was still here, and Crouch, but I can see why both of them were sold. I thought Murphy was rash to go when he did, and then do that 'British managers are best' interview (which sort of got diluted a bit - apart from Istanbul - when he fell out with Curbishley). This sort of comment really serves no constructive purpose. For a fan. But I've no doubt he means well. He's just very naive.

People forget Bellamy and crouch wanted out and didnt want to fight for their place because we dont have the wages or the trophies to keep good squad players happy. No one in the world can get past torres but if they had stayed they would have had opportunities

it wasnt money.they were just sick of not getting a game in a team that plays one upfront week in week out.

Nothing wrong with Murphy answering a question or just having his say, everyone can have an opinion. Whats leaves a sour taste is him alluding to his friends still at Liverpool. He shouldn't have said that without naming them. Are they players? canteen staff, box office etc, find that a annoying.

Goals and assists aren't everything. Mascherano has only slightly more fantasy league points than Murphy, and from about 50% more playing time, but he's class.

Yes, but they clearly have vastly different roles, I'd imagine Fulham want goals and assists from their attacking midfielder and we don't really expect that from our holding player.

I know you're trying to point out, presumably, that he'd have played better than Lucas, that's a fair argument to make, but to suggest he's got a right to be bitter is clearly nonsense. A bad half-season doesn't change the fact that he wasn't really good enough and wouldn't have got anywhere near the side that came a whisker away from the title last season.

Crouch's performances were far from great that season, the benefit with Kuyt is that even when he's not playing well you still get 100% from him, you didn't from Crouch for whatever reason.

100% of shite

We would have won that game if Kuyt hadn't been near the team. Terrible terrible fuck up by Benitez that. He'd have been untouchable today had he made the right decision that day. But he didn't, and he isn't.

People forget Bellamy and crouch wanted out and didnt want to fight for their place because we dont have the wages or the trophies to keep good squad players happy. No one in the world can get past torres but if they had stayed they would have had opportunities

They were getting overlooked while terrible stuff like Kuyt and Voronin were getting games. That's the crux of the matter. I believe if Crouch thought he was 2nd in the pecking order, which by any rational analysis he should have been, then he'd have stayed.

I agree that Rafa should go but I don't think we are anywhere near as bad as we were in 2004.

That's debatable. We are currently 2 points ahead at the same stage in the league, but in 2004 we were still in the FA Cup and had not been knocked out of Europe.

"I am not thinking of an obvious one like (Xabi) Alonso, but why on earth did Benitez sell players like Peter Crouch and Craig Bellamy when they are so reliant on Fernando Torres?

Maybe the people at the club he keeps in touch with could tell him that Bellamy had to be sold to find the Torres deal and Crouch was sold because he wasn't prepared to sit on the bench behind Torres, while he seems to be happy to sit on the bench at Spurs..

Spot on