You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Juventus at it again I see

Dougie Do'ins

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd have him back now, particularly if Mascherano is on his way.

He'll be a different player now

Why will he be a different player?

He's playing in a much slower league which allows him his awful first touch and time to run after the ball to get it back. Back in this league he'll be the same with giving the ball away all the time.

People wanting Sissoko back is the same as people who break up with a long term girlfriend, but after a few months they only think about the good things from the relationship, and they end up getting back together. However, after about 2 weeks they realise why they broke up in the first place and it all ends badly.

How very wise of you Johnny.

How very wise of you Johnny.

Why thank you!

I'm better at my job than I was 2 years ago.

Hmmmmmm. Ok, I'll bite.

I am better at mine also, because I've educated myself more. But sissoko has been given a fixed amount of talent. He can work around a number of things and improve them, but the main thiings of been a top footie player such as his first touch will remain poor and his terrible passing will remain terrible.

Shoudl we re-sign Traore? or Sean Dundee? or Dudek?

Why thank you!

Hmmmmmm. Ok, I'll bite.

I am better at mine also, because I've educated myself more. But sissoko has been given a fixed amount of talent. He can work around a number of things and improve them, but the main thiings of been a top footie player such as his first touch will remain poor and his terrible passing will remain terrible.

Shoudl we re-sign Traore? or Sean Dundee? or Dudek?

Traore aside (though he did have a decent run in the team over a number of years) none of the above were sold at a young (pre hitting footballing peak) age after a couple of years of positive signs of development blighted by a pretty nasty injury.

Sissoko had numerous qualities and some faults (like anyone does) which could be worked on, but ultimately I think he had a bit of spunk and over-confidence which is an appealing trait. Precisely what Lucas doesn't have, hence why he's finding it very hard to win over the fans.

I know what you're saying... and I'm sprinkling a pinch of 'better the devil you know...' over it... but I think he'd be an asset

He is.

He's really not.

Even these games he apparantly played well in was down to his excellant ability to reach a ball and nip it off a player, but the luck of his awful touches falling to the right man. I remember been at the Charity Shield against Chelsea and around me people were saying that Sissoko was amazing, etc. I didn't get it. Yes, he threw himself around midfield well and broke up a lot of play, but his terrible first touch was, most of the time, tidied up by his midfield team mate.

I'm not sayng he is shite, I'm just saying he is not good enough if we want to take steps forward. Signing Sissoko would be a backwards step.

He's really not.

Even these games he apparantly played well in was down to his excellant ability to reach a ball and nip it off a player, but the luck of his awful touches falling to the right man. I remember been at the Charity Shield against Chelsea and around me people were saying that Sissoko was amazing, etc. I didn't get it. Yes, he threw himself around midfield well and broke up a lot of play, but his terrible first touch was, most of the time, tidied up by his midfield team mate.

I'm not sayng he is shite, I'm just saying he is not good enough if we want to take steps forward. Signing Sissoko would be a backwards step.

Well in my opinion he is.

I suggest you watch that Charity Shield game again, as not only did he tackle well and run the game, but some of his passing and his movement was brilliant aswell. I'm not saying he wasn't poor near the end of his time here, but he suffered two big injuries, and then found himself out of the side during the last six months or so.

He's a much better player technically than he was when he was here (not to mention the fact that he was still extremely young and inexperienced).

I'm talking about bringing him back if we sold Mascherano. For me, he would be a very good replacement.

Playing, I mean't playing!

(fucking smart alec's checking every detail, ruined some decent sarcasm there! And made me look a right tit)

I get the point you were trying to make, but you picked the wrong example, as I can't remember Pellegrino ever having a good game for us, where as I can think of loads that Momo had for us.

And the fact that he's now a better player, and more experienced, would make him an ideal signing.