You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

12 minutes ago, Elite said:

I like Rio Ferdinand. He's a very good pundit on BT Sport and remains balanced. I really didn't like him as a player with all that fronting shit he used to do when the Mancs scored against us though.

Am I imagining that as well as Manure he used to play for West Ham and Leeds?

Most likely his over-reactions against us was to endear himself to the Manure fans as that must have been a controversial transfer at the time. Weird how David O'Leary did a great job at Leeds and then seemed to just disappear afterwards.

1 minute ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Most likely his over-reactions against us was to endear himself to the Manure fans as that must have been a controversial transfer at the time. Weird how David O'Leary did a great job at Leeds and then seemed to just disappear afterwards.

The Leeds team probably flattered him they had some good players.

@Tony Moanero you've basically just inadvertently negged yourself. I'm saying I'll basically turn into you and not watch the matches anymore because I won't feel anything anymore. This happened to me when I was younger when the Indianapolis Colts won the Super Bowl after choking for an entire decade. Basically stopped watching because I couldn't get the buzz after they won.

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

I like Garth Crooks on the basis that he is so bonkers he becomes interesting. Most of the other fuckers should be shot; Merson first.

I like him too.

I used to dislike Merson, but I saw a clip recently where he was talking about us binning off the cup competitions so we could win the league, and I couldn't help warming to him. He's thick, but he's a proper football lover, rather than some of the jobsworths who'd be happier on the golf course.

4 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Once we win the league, supporting LFC will lose some of its excitement and luster. The highs after won't be as thrilling and lows won't be as crushing and I'll miss that.

How many League titles have you seen Liverpool win? If this could be your first, I would say you're in for a surprise. If you've seen title wins before, that's puzzling.

The last League title, the highlights of the season were recorded on VHS.

4 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

How many League titles have you seen Liverpool win? If this could be your first, I would say you're in for a surprise. If you've seen title wins before, that's puzzling.

The last League title, the highlights of the season were recorded on VHS.

It would be my first.

I may even end my reign of dominance over this forum and stop posting if we win. Go out on top.

• Upvote 2

Just now, 3 Stacks said:

It would be my first.

I may also end my reign of dominance over this forum and stop posting if we win.

When we last won the League in 1990, there was no way of knowing that it would be years before we would win it again. But the previous season we had lost the League with pretty much the last kick of the match against Arsenal, who won the League on goal difference needing a 2 goal victory. They scored a second goal with pretty much the last kick of the match. There would then be a period of League wins for other teams including Arsenal, United and Blackburn (others may have won it too). But even previous to 1990 we were winning League titles on a regular basis as there was not the level of competition in the League since 1990. Even if we do win the League this season, you can guarantee that the other clubs involved in Titles in the last few years will want to win it back.

This would be anything but boring for the manager, the players and the fans.

19 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

@Tony Moanero you've basically just inadvertently negged yourself. I'm saying I'll basically turn into you and not watch the matches anymore because I won't feel anything anymore. This happened to me when I was younger when the Indianapolis Colts won the Super Bowl after choking for an entire decade. Basically stopped watching because I couldn't get the buzz after they won.

Repped to cancel a neg in the amnesty thread. On its own, it was well deserved.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

I like him too.

I used to dislike Merson, but I saw a clip recently where he was talking about us binning off the cup competitions so we could win the league, and I couldn't help warming to him. He's thick, but he's a proper football lover, rather than some of the jobsworths who'd be happier on the golf course.

I'll struggle to find love for Merson but I'll bear your comments in mind.  He has a short reprieve from death row.

If we win the league this season, then next season should be written off, because I don't think we have much chance of winning two on the bounce. 

We should concentrate on getting a few more minor trophies in, getting top 4, and getting ready for another proper assault on the league in 2020/21. 

5 minutes ago, Grinch said:

We shouldn't look at what we're winning under Klopp as judgement.   We're improving year on year as a squad and will continue to do so with Sturridge, Lallana,  Origi and Lovren so easily upgraded. 

Fuck that. He's been here 3 years and won fuck all, he's clearly a fraud. 

Mourinho is free, we should sign him, at least he's a proven winner. 

3 hours ago, magicrat said:

I'll struggle to find love for Merson but I'll bear your comments in mind.  He has a short reprieve from death row.

I hate the twat and don't buy in to the 'he's a real football lover' stuff. He obviously is but he's still a massive prick who sound like Ray Winstone's retarded brother.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I hate the twat and don't buy in to the 'he's a real football lover' stuff. He obviously is but he's still a massive prick who sound like Ray Winstone's retarded brother.

He didn't take Brothe Ray's advice to "bet responsibly " though