You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jesus, this bitch is seriously deluded !

Dublin Red

This is from the Chelsea supporting bint in the Irish Examiner :

Special relationships? Rafa can hardly talk!

By Trizia Fiorellino

I MADE reference last week to the vain hope of an impartial referee for our game against Liverpool. I was obviously asking for the impossible. No doubt Lampard’s red will be rescinded, but that’s not the point is it?

As manager of Liverpool, Benitez probably has the least right to whinge about United/Ferguson’s “special relationship” with referees.

Six Liverpool opponents have been sent off in the 24 league games played so far (ie 25% of matches). No Liverpool opponents have been sent off in Cup ties or European matches. No Liverpool player has been dismissed this season. Life’s full of strange statistics, isn’t it?

The game was heading for a 0-0. We were poor and Liverpool were not much better. It perfectly demonstrated why the title is staying where it currently resides. Only Lampard’s dismissal gave Liverpool the impetus to go for the win, and despite Cech’s acrobatic efforts, we were unable to hang on.

The breakthrough woke their fans up too, who until then had been absolutely embarrassingly silent except for the nails-down-a-blackboard whine following Lampard’s non-challenge to speed the red card out of Riley’s pocket.

Meanwhile St Gerrard is permitted to get away with at least one studs-up challenge, kicking the ball at an opposition player (send that video to Rory Delap, dismissed the day before for exactly the same thing) as well as a plethora of constant fouls. Gerrard only (finally) gets booked when he again theatrically throws himself to the ground without being touched. Yet the press adore him and referees demand respect. To be honest it makes me sick. And most football fans I think.

Riley’s performance was a disgrace — he is either incompetent or something worse and he is meant to be one of the best we have. Referees DO have a difficult job, and very difficult decisions to make in split seconds. But this happened not four yards from him and if anything the free kick or booking should have gone the other way. If you can’t get these right then you are in the wrong job.

That said, Chelsea’s performance was inept, again. I counted one shot in the second half and that was before the sending off. The players did not look motivated, they have forgotten how to attack, their passing has gone to pot, their defensive frailties are out there for the world to see yet they are trying backheels, flicks and tricks — usually ensuring loss of possession, and edging me closer to total despair. If this is Brazilian football, you can keep it.

The team look confused and invariably pass backwards. Scolari can shrug his shoulders and roll his eyes as much as he likes on the touchline but they can only be carrying out his instructions. Why else would Anelka play so far wide? Why else would we play so deep and so narrow? And why, despite everything, is our manager failing to show any passion. Show us you care man for God’s sake!

He not only seems to have lost the players but the fans too and that is partially due to his seeming indifference to the way we are playing. We saw a brief spark of something a couple of weeks ago, but he is back to the stuttering, resigned man who repeats the manta that it will be “more difficult” to win the league after every non-performance. No s**t Sherlock!

If we got rid of him now though who would we bring in? Whoever it was would need to be a disciplinarian and someone that these players will respect. But I can’t think of anyone that fits that bill who would be willing to come to us at the moment.

Scolari seems to have solved our Stamford Bridge expansion issue though — narrow the pitch by two metres either side and put more seats there — he won’t notice, he doesn’t use those bits.

I can only see us free-wheeling to the end of the season with only luck governing whether we finish within the Champions League places. With the exception of perhaps Villa and Juventus, we have a run of games which we “should” win, but whether we do or not is anyone’s guess; and even if we do, it will simply be papering over the cracks that are evident for all to see.

We need to rebuild our team, our morale and our faith in the owner and board and that is a lot of work. It may mean a couple of years in the wilderness but as Chelsea fans we’ve seen worse. But to do this we need some commitment from all involved and no-one is speaking to us as supporters. We are owed some reassurance as least.

There are rumours that an announcement soon will leave no- one in any doubt as to the owner’s commitment to the club. May I suggest he waits no longer and spills the beans soon because we’ll take any feelgood factor we can take at the moment.

How the mighty are fallen eh?

Irish Examiner | Irish News | News from Ireland

She’s not bitter, is she ? :thumbsup:

Only Lampard’s dismissal gave Liverpool the impetus to go for the win, and despite Cech’s acrobatic efforts, we were unable to hang on.

I could of picked out anything in here but I picked out this because it shows how dumb this person is. She has a go at us for the lampard thing then says 'we were unable to hang on' YET she said Chelsea should of won.