You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nicotine and pooing

Lurtz

I quit smoking cigs just over 3 years ago. These days, though, I have the odd Hamlet with a glass of wine, only about once a week. Every time I have a cigar, however, I get the urge to have a massive poo. Why's that then?

Nicotine is a laxative. It's been known for some time that one of a few positive effects of smoking is a lowered risk of some bowel diseases. Of course, the negative effects are far greater. That's what it is anyway.

Wrong. The positive effects of smoking far outweigh the negatives. Smoking is cool, and you can't put a price on cool. Sure, according to some medical nerds you might not live forever if you smoke, but better to die cool than to live uncool.

And if it shifts the shit out of your arse a little quicker to boot, then it's got to be a winner.

Once again the GF has given me faith in the fact that I'm not actually some kind of physiological weirdo.

If anyone can be arsed to invent a nicotine tablet for constipation sufferers I'd like a 75% cut of the profits please. Thanks.

Guest The Big Green Bastard
You get a totally different poo depending on your tabs, a Marlboro dump is different to a Regal.

having smoked cigars,tabs,rollups and weed im quite tempted try a pipe just to see what stool i can achieve.

Wrong. The positive effects of smoking far outweigh the negatives. Smoking is cool, and you can't put a price on cool. Sure, according to some medical nerds you might not live forever if you smoke, but better to die cool than to live uncool.

And if it shifts the shit out of your arse a little quicker to boot, then it's got to be a winner.

To add fuel to Noos's fire: Those extra years you gain by NOT smoking are tagged onto the end of your life. By which time you'll probably be an incontinent gibbering wreck anyway. So why prolong such agony? Live for now, smoke fags!*

*Fags are scientifically PROVEN** to be a natural cure for constipation and the common cold.

**By me and a mate, at university. Got a cold? Chain smoke... Egg-bound? Smoke. Cochyn is not accountable at all for his opinions as it's Friday night and he's off down the pub and has had a shit day.

Smoking increases the speed of your metabolism, one of the reasons you gain weight when you quit. It's not all down to eating sweets as a cigarette substitute.

Now if it's a truly rapid shit you're looking for, try amphetamine. In fact fuck it - try it anyway, you only live once.

• Upvote 1