You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Works Christmas Nights out

Paulie Dangerously

Just got home from mine. Im too old too be a tit about things but mine and my gf's relationship is fucking sad. Been together for nearly 20 years and we're all fucked up. Just necked on with her mate Angie whilst she faffed about and flirted with a right knob head.

Ain't feeling great about things, I know tomorrow will be a twat. Fucking sick.

• Upvote 2

Just got home from mine. Im too old too be a tit about things but mine and my gf's relationship is fucking sad. Been together for nearly 20 years and we're all fucked up. Just necked on with her mate Angie whilst she faffed about and flirted with a right knob head.

Blame it on the drink Shep. At least she fucked up a bit too which gives you a bit of wiggle room.

How fit is Angie?

I have my first ever one next Friday. I've already got a reputation for saying inappropriate things and making offensive jokes and it's only been three months since I've started. If I get sacked, I just hope it's in a blaze of glory.

Rico, I commend your degeneracy and will be back to rep in due course.

Got mine next Saturday with about 20 female nurses under 30.

Time was that would have seen the cunt equivalent of Gerrard's performance in Istanbul. Nowadays it won't even be a Josemi.

No amount of negs for football on the GF can even begin to touch the feelings of sadness this realisation evokes.

• Upvote 2

Time was that would have seen the cunt equivalent of Gerrard's performance in Istanbul. Nowadays it won't even be a Josemi.

No amount of negs for football on the GF can even begin to touch the feelings of sadness this realisation evokes.

Fucking hell mate, I knew you weren't 100% but I didn't think your condition warranted a medical team that size.

YNWA etc.

• Upvote 4

Fucking hell mate, I knew you weren't 100% but I didn't think your condition warranted a medical team that size.

YNWA etc.

Ha. Wheelchairs are for the lesser order of spaz (I.e all of them) who "just need to get on with it™".

When I grace the public with my presence I insist on my throne being hoisted aloft on poles by a cast of minions, like C-3PO and the Ewoks.

Ha. Wheelchairs are for the lesser order of spaz (I.e all of them) who "just need to get on with it™".

When I grace the public with my presence I insist on my throne being hoisted aloft on poles by a cast of minions, like C-3PO and the Ewoks.

Be sure not to miss out "chiminee chedoo" or "torontogosh".

Surefire winners if you're chatting up an ewok.

Even Joseminwould be able to get a theeesome with a Spanish flag pinned above the bed.

I look forward to the pics.

hqdefault.jpg

Dr Nowt at work, yesterday.

• Upvote 2

Are you allowed a plus 1? 

Sorry to read that, Carvs. Get it sorted out mister

Near enough forty years worth on a regular basis. Trying to do a difficult job with too often insulting resources, it's usually them who make the best of the NHS still just about visible, in my opinion.

Those training to be nurses on my course currently are all far more impressive people than I was at their age, with a genuine sense of vocation. I find that admirable when the very institution they want to go and work in offers fuck all incentive to enter it and is juicing nurses at a rate of knots, but they just want to do the role itself and care for people.

My personal take is you of course get the odd sour-face who took the role for pragmatic reasons and gives the bare minimum, as you do in any profession, but that many who start as the above are just whittled down over time by "doing more with less" and the unreasonable expectations of patients and family members, who often don't realise what that person is being asked to work with and the invidious position it puts them in.

Nearly all the best nurses from when I was last very regularly being admitted to hospital over a several year period have left, utterly worn out by it. They were absolutely superb, at least half a dozen of them. Sad to see.

• Upvote 6

Saying that, I have encountered some awful ones, such as the sister of a ward who asked me how old I was when I contracted my genetic illness and made some spectacularly sweeping statements to me, but I just advised her to take herself back out of my room and refused to have anything to do with her. An utterly crass fuckwit who was struck off not long after for unrelated issues.

I haven't seen any awful ones maintain their employment for long in the hospitals I attend, so perhaps my view is biased/unbalanced when placed against people who work in the sort of role you do Cath, and potentially have overview of neglect, incompetence etc which has caused serious/widespread harm.

No Christmas do for me because I haven't got a job! Mrs Turdseye swerved hers on Friday because it was too far away and the minibus they put on wasn't heading back until after 1am. Apparently one lad started on everyone there, was chucking plates and glasses at the managing director and got thrown off the bus with 15 miles left to walk home.

He hasn't got a job now either.

• Upvote 1