You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anything under 4 mill and you're talking ripping arms off. Yeah, Arsenal have been shit at the back but Toure's been out loads and Gallas has been partnered with skinny kids as replacements. I agree he's a moaner but he's also a fucking warrior. We've needed a proper angry bastard arsekicker in the team for fucking ages. As for what he'd do to morale, he'd do fuck all to do it for all the reasons that the Angry Elf in Goal has already stated.

The dressing room has a decent enough morale anyway and despite the fact he was always a bit outspoken he wasn't that much of a trouble causer at the southern scum.

More damaging to team spirit and morale than the Eboue virus. For that reason, I'm out.

Fixed that for you.

I wouldn't say he's a winner at all. He's a massive, massive cry baby with no plus points outside of his footballing ability. We don't need him or anything that he'd bring with him.

You should all listen to this man.

I deffo think he's on the wane and his mental wobbles are obvious for all to see. That said, if the price was right (ie, peanuts) and he was prepared to play left back, I'd sign him. I think Andy's point about the dressing room being a nailed-down Scouse domain with a couple of Spanish lieutenants in attendance is bang on. I can't see a stroppy Frenchman damaging the status quo in there. However, the only reason we'd ever be looking at him is because we're fucking skint and have an Achilles heel at left back.

I deffo think he's on the wane and his mental wobbles are obvious for all to see. That said, if the price was right (ie, peanuts) and he was prepared to play left back, I'd sign him. I think Andy's point about the dressing room being a nailed-down Scouse domain with a couple of Spanish lieutenants in attendance is bang on. I can't see a stroppy Frenchman damaging the status quo in there. However, the only reason we'd ever be looking at him is because we're fucking skint and have an Achilles heel at left back.

You need 4 quality centre backs now though Paul and Sami, as much of a God as he was can't last forever. Someone like Gallas would give us the time we need to determine whether Agger is going to be one of those players who're injured constantly.

No way is Gallas better defensively than either Agger or Skrtel. I'm not having that at all. He's been Arsenal's weak link as a centre back this season, I bet Wenger would prefer Agger or Skrtel to him to be honest.

On the point of signing him however, I do think Gallas is a better left back than what we currently have (I've always thought that was his best position) but the fact that he's a horrible, whinging bastard totally puts me off wanting us to go for him.

After thinking about it a little more I have a suggestion. It should be a club rule banning signings of French players to Liverpool FC.

...with a clause that will still allow Flamini, Ben Arfa or Benzema to join us if they want to.

...or Nasri. Or Traore.

And maybe Gallas is just being a bitter, bitter mong because he should've never left Chelski.

BTW, we should really copy Chelsea's corner tactic from when that tit was still at the bridge. Aim for the edge of the box, tall CB wins knockdown to Gallas poaching right in front of goal who smashes it in. That was frightingly effective at times, and even though our current CB's are unable to head the ball at goal from corners, they should at least be able to win a simple knock-down.

BTW, we should really copy Chelsea's corner tactic from when that tit was still at the bridge. Aim for the edge of the box, tall CB wins knockdown to Gallas poaching right in front of goal who smashes it in. That was frightingly effective at times, and even though our current CB's are unable to head the ball at goal from corners, they should at least be able to win a simple knock-down.

No way man. We should continue with our plan of hitting the ball low and hard at the first defender so that he can clear it.

However, the only reason we'd ever be looking at him is because we're fucking skint and have an Achilles heel at left back.

Plus he's one of the best left backs around.

He'd be superb in attack and defense.

Am I on my own here in thinking that most of what Gallas said was spot on & that he has pinpointed a big problem in the game.

The game is now full of arrogant little tits who have been given ridiculous contracts & a God complex by clubs who shield them from the consequences of any of their actions.

If I was a senior professional with masses of trophies under my belt and was told to fuck off by a 19 year old know-nothing , I would have ripped his head off and shat in the hole.

It is not as if we were not aware of the troubles they have bubbling under the surface which will always happen when you fill a club with twathooks like Adebayor , Bendtner , Van Persie & Eboue.

Gallas' main problem seems to be that he has broken this unwritten rule of ' keeping everything in clubs under wraps ' which is basically an excuse to cover everything the club wants hidden from the fans.

I don't think we need Gallas as a player however ( assuming he wouldn't come as a left back )

Am I on my own here in thinking that most of what Gallas said was spot on & that he has pinpointed a big problem in the game.

I certainly don't think what he said was THAT bad.

OK he was wrong to publically slag off his teammates.

However I remember Keane constantly doing this at United and was often praised as it was a sign that 'he's a winner'. The only difference between Gallas and Keane is Keane's team was winning, unlike Gallas' where their team have constantly under achieved of late.

I'd welcome him at Anfield, should he be willing to play left back as it would go a long way to helping us win back the title. A back four of Arbeloa, Carragher, Skrtel and Gallas would be solid.

Gallas' main problem seems to be that he has broken this unwritten rule of ' keeping everything in clubs under wraps ' which is basically an excuse to cover everything the club wants hidden from the fans.

That's one way of seeing it. It certainly makes a mockery of all the shit flinged at Rafa for his handling of the press in the feud with the owners and Parry.

Plus he's one of the best left backs around.

He'd be superb in attack and defense.

Was. When he was still at Chelsea I thought he was probably the best defender in the league. Now I think he has declined at a shocking rate. He's still a decent player, but nowhere near what he was.

Was. When he was still at Chelsea I thought he was probably the best defender in the league. Now I think he has declined at a shocking rate. He's still a decent player, but nowhere near what he was.

I disagree.

I think the problem is he's a quality left back, but not a top quality centre back.