You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CL: Liverpool v Atletico Madrid Thread

Woo

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was quite happy with that. I'd say it was our best home display by a mile and second only the Chelsea game. Passed it very well , put little triangles together , overlapping runs and playing at a very good tempo. There no letheragic opening 75 minutes followed by late rescue , it was wave after wave of Red attack and that bodes well for Saturday. I fear for WBA. It was a certain penalty too.

Code72 , how many times did Alonso give the ball away? Can't have been more than 5.

Deco is a tit. That type of player in front of Alonso - Mascherano with Riera and his twin brother out wide would be ace though. We'll never see it obviously with Gerrard still at the club.

Well we could always sell him, put the club in hock to another £20m and offer the chavs all the money? Or, we could just offer Gerrard in pX with oh, say £20m.

Then, we could really have something to moan about a diving cheating johnny foreigner in our team?

No thanks.

Good match I thought, very open.

That is all.

That and Rafa made some crazy subs Yossi could have made a bigger impact than Lucas. Alonso was ace Agger was unlucky but still good. and Ngog was a crazy sub he is far to inexperienced to be playing in Europe yet.

Well we could always sell him, put the club in hock to another £20m and offer the chavs all the money? Or, we could just offer Gerrard in pX with oh, say £20m.

Then, we could really have something to moan about a diving cheating johnny foreigner in our team?

No thanks.

A diving, cheatin Englishman isn't much better imo, but each to their own I guess.

For the players and fans alike, the CL group stages seem to have become something of a nuisance, something to get over with as soon as possible, get 9 points so you can play the kids and concentrate on the league. In wonder if this has to be taken into account? I hope we see a real response against West Brom.

Now that it's over one can reflect on what an utter tit ITV's commentator was, combining a Clive Tiddleyesque desperation to niggle with a Garth Crooks' style capacity for pomposity. He informed Rafa beforehand that we hadn't beaten a Spanish side here before - a stat which Rafa treated with the disdain it deserved - and then practically shouted at him, 'Put it right!'. Then he moved on to Torres Watch - constantly speculating which team he was supporting, then admonishing him in case he was rooting for his old team, then congratulating him for applauding our goal! An absolute bell end of the first order!

How do I neg?

There's going down under contact and there's diving. If that incident happened outside the box it would be a freekick. Watch the replay from the linesmans point of view, the defender glances at Stevie coming in and gets in his way as he makes a feeble attempt to win a ball which had Gerrards name on it the moment it became 50-50.

I'm not his biggest fan but luxury player? Nah mate, one of the best players in the world and one of the best footballplayers to wear red!

Super Repped

Bad taste my arse. No one would be complaining if it was Nando.

I don't know what Karl Pilkington was refereeing the match, but thank feck he made that decision. We deserved at least that, though. A tear or so ago we wouldn't just have been down, we would have been waiting for a chance - now at least we're making plenty of chances. That was almost England v Poland '73 at times in the second half.

It wasn't him, it was Tim McManus from Oz.