You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the Match - game 6 - Manchester United - Home - PL

Morse

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Xabi - by some distance, for me. He was utterly imperious and bossed The Mancs from start to finish.

2. The Chief - made up for the mare he had (and knew he'd had) for his mate's goal.

3. Dirk - much more at home in the middle where his strengths are maximised and his weaknesses diminished. OK, so he could have scored, but he literally bullied their centre halves today and the pull back for Babel's goal was great.

I would swap 1 & 2 around but otherwise agree with all you've written. Riera had one of the better debuts I've seen in a red shirt and if he continues will prove to be the bargain of the season.

This one is difficult as so many played their parts. Mascherano was brilliant, but still fault for their goal. I believe Alonso was overrun early on, but he was brilliant in the second when we really took control of the ball and the match. Yossi also played well, and with at least one natural winger so stretch the defence, it made it made more space for Yossi to run into. Oh, and lets not forget he crocked Carrick. Both Kuyt and Keane worked incredible hard, but guilty of some poor finishing. The back 4 all played well. Arbeloa started off very good, while Aurelio was strong in the second, and Babel deserves praise for how he changed the game, taking the piss out of Wes Brown.

In the end i`ll go for

Mascherano

Alonso

Riera

Riera isn`t really quick. But when you have such a good first touch you are given more time to pick a pass, and you can take advantage of the space early. Looks like a player.

1. Alonso - thought he looked back to his best. Took him and Masch 10 mins to get hold of the game but once they had it they never let it go.

2. The Chief - don't you just love him?

3. Dirk - ran his bollocks off again and never let Ja Ja and Vidic settle. Looked much better in the centre than on the right.

Honorable mentions for Riera who looked useful on his debut, and Babel for a great cameo.