You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Candy...

RJ Fan club

Loved Candy, timeless movies and Planes, trains is easily my favourite, just read up on his wiki page and found this line though;

The 43-year-old Candy died in his sleep from a heart attack on March 4, 1994, while on location in Durango, Mexico, filming Wagons East...........Nooooooooooooooo! Durango killed John Candy !!!

Probably bored him to death with shit insults.

gal_final-movies_11.jpg

December of 1993 would find John on location in Durango, Mexico (about 100 miles northwest of Mexico City, filming the Western spoof Wagons East! Shortly before leaving for Durango, John would tell actress Catherine O'Hara that he feared going to Mexico because he felt something bad was going to happen there. He had been away from his family all but three weeks over the last year and John vowed this would be his last film. Little did he know the prophetic nature of his words.

On March 3, 1994 John was going through a scene of crashing through tables. They had to shoot the scene several times and everyone, including John was exhausted from the 80+ degree heat that day. At about 10:00 that evening Candy would complete his work and finally return to his $3,000/month room at Camino del Perque. John would eat a nice spaghetti dinner, shower, change into his bathrobe and speak briefly with the night watchman. The exact words he had with the watchman were: "I'm so tired. All I want to do is go home and be with my family." John would have only two more scenes to shoot before he could return to California in a few days.

One of the last pictures ever taken of him, oh he was class in Brewsters Millions aswell.

Great actor, hilarious guy. It breaks my heart that people like this went too soon yet the likes of Jade Goodey, Jordan and Peter Andre are still getting airtime on TV.

Well that's one down at least. I'm having a go...

"Great actor, hilarious guy. It breaks my heart that people like this went too soon yet the likes of Derek Acorah, Jeremy Kyle and Chris Moyles are still getting airtime on TV."

One of them will be gone within the year.

• 8 years later...