You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

When we were in New York we stumbled out of an Irish Bar bladdered, some yank on his phone goes to my mate 'hey buddy what's the address here?' and he replied 'Miracle on 34th Street', he replied 'huh?' then my mate blew a raspberry and we walked off. You had to be there. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, John102 said:

Im going to watch Scrooged at some point over next 2 weeks. When they ask what the boat was that took them all to Gilligan's Island, im going to shout out at the TV the SS Minnow and impress my 4 year old. Then ill come on here to give it a 10/0

It's great to have dreams.

6 hours ago, Section_31 said:

When we were in New York we stumbled out of an Irish Bar bladdered, some yank on his phone goes to my mate 'hey buddy what's the address here?' and he replied 'Miracle on 34th Street', he replied 'huh?' then my mate blew a raspberry and we walked off. You had to be there. 

God damn limeys 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Welsh said:

I've just turned off "Leave the World behind" on netflix after 20mins. The first 20mins is about 4 words and then the rest is "Intense" music.

Pile of shite. 

I liked parts of it but it does a lot of telling and not showing, then fizzles out at the end.

I also thought that the Friends obsessed teenager must have had some questions as to why her mum was in an episode of it.

Oppenheimer.

Been dying to see this. 2 hours in and I had to switch it off as I thought I was gonna have an epileptic fit with the amount of flash backs I’d endured.

Just tell the fucking story instead of Introducing another raft of characters who offer nothing with every 2 minute flashback . 

Shes just asked me are we gonna watch the last hour. Not on my watch love. 

A load of boring pretentious shite.

2/10

P.s Einstein does fuck all as well the miserable bastard

16 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Oppenheimer.

Been dying to see this. 2 hours in and I had to switch it off as I thought I was gonna have an epileptic fit with the amount of flash backs I’d endured.

Just tell the fucking story instead of Introducing another raft of characters who offer nothing with every 2 minute flashback . 

Shes just asked me are we gonna watch the last hour. Not on my watch love. 

A load of boring pretentious shite.

2/10

P.s Einstein does fuck all as well the miserable bastard

Fucking hell mate were you in Hiroshima? 

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Hahaha. I enjoyed it. The film that is!

Everytime I blinked everything went black and white. 

I’ve been moaning since it came out to go and see it and just couldn’t keep my eyes open after 2 hours of it. Might just tell her how things pan out in the end and leave it at that.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Red74 said:

Everytime I blinked everything went black and white. 

I’ve been moaning since it came out to go and see it and just couldn’t keep my eyes open after 2 hours of it. Might just tell her how things pan out in the end and leave it at that.

Hahaha. I thought the explosion scene was outstanding, wish I'd seen it at the pictures. The rest of it I was happy to watch at home. 

Wonka - 8.5/10

This had massive shoes to fill given the original is one of the most timeless movies ever and Gene Wilder's Wonka is an absolute masterclass in acting and making the role your own but this film really did do a great job of modernising a classic and the performances all round were excellent, especially Chalamet who did the role of a young Wonka justice.

Great family film.

2 hours ago, Mook said:

Dinner Rush (on Amazon Prime)

A 2000 film about a night in a busy Manhattan restaurant, with art critics, police and gangsters amongst the clientele. Thought this was excellent. 8/10

I've never even heard of this until now, just read about and it looks decent. Will give it a go, nice one 

Oppenheimer 

How did anyone enjoy this mess? 

Just wasted an hour of my life trying to watch this bullshit. Looks like a great film but I can hardly hear half the dialogue because the incidental music is so ridiculously loud. I wondered if it was just me so I looked it up and apparently not. There were lots of complaints. 

"I like to use the performance that was given in the moment rather than the actor re-voice it later, which is an artistic choice that some people disagree with, and that's their right," 

A quote from Christopher Nolan. What a load of crap! A good film ruined by a director who's up his own backside. Wanker owes me an hour of life. 

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

Oppenheimer 

How did anyone enjoy this mess? 

Just wasted an hour of my life trying to watch this bullshit. Looks like a great film but I can hardly hear half the dialogue because the incidental music is so ridiculously loud. I wondered if it was just me so I looked it up and apparently not. There were lots of complaints. 

"I like to use the performance that was given in the moment rather than the actor re-voice it later, which is an artistic choice that some people disagree with, and that's their right," 

A quote from Christopher Nolan. What a load of crap! A good film ruined by a director who's up his own backside. Wanker owes me an hour of life. 

To be honest I never had that problem, although I understand it was a real complaint with Tenet. Did you see it in a cinema?

• Upvote 1