You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck. King. Hell

RedinSweden

Pathetic scoreline against one of the worst teams ever to disgrace the top flight.

Ten fucking man Birmingham :wallbutt:

well the scoreline was poor, but the performance wasn't as bad as it suggests. no need for wallbutts though. on another day we'd have won this comfortably.

We've only won one of the last four. People talk about Chelsea being too good but three of these last four matches are games we've dropped points because we've made mistakes. Bolton, defensive blunder; Man Ure, defensive fuck up on a set-piece and tonight, defensive fuck up following a set piece.

well the scoreline was poor, but the performance wasn't as bad as it suggests. no need for wallbutts though. on another day we'd have won this comfortably.

The Luis miss was key. A goal then and it's finished, but the performance was okay, although we took the foot off too much in the last 25.

I understand the reasoning behind taking both Crouch and Gerrard off i.e. tiredness/giving them a rest but these two are the focal points of the team. Without them the ball comes back too quickly when we move it forward and we lose some drive from the middle.

Bit gutted especially given the other results but at least we gain a point on the Mancs.

Guest Brian Stewart

Robbie's effort was offside, but, despite that, the shot from him showed what he can still do. Greater fitness and more match practice will bring him many more chances like that which won't be offside.

Listened to game on the offal, and watched the extensive five minute highlights from the BBC. We didn't sound very good - we still need to split defences open. Thankfully, we have now, I think, someone who will take the chances created, but we do often adopt battering ram tactics when finesse is usually called for, and that's what it sounded like tonight.

Would have loved to have been there though just for Robbie's return. Got my ticket for the Man City game - hope he features. Can't wait.

Robbie's played well (and I'm trying my best not to be biased!) He scared shit out of their defence. He dragged defenders away and created space for others that should have been capitalised. He also put himself in a good position. A better service and he'd have scored last night.