You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FM2006 launch in HMV Liverpool 5pm Fri Oct 21 (ie today)

Strontium

Ray Houghton and Sports Interactive MD Miles Jacobson will be in HMV Liverpool later today for the launch of FM2006 to sign copies of the game and answer fan's questions (apparently).

They chose Liverpool because they sold more copies of FM2005 last year on the first day in Liverpool than anywhere else :D.

So, er, yeah.

You mean, steal it?

Perhaps because we believe in supporting the people who make these products that have given us literally hundreds of hours of entertainment, and we don't want to see them go bust?

Jesus, what an arsehole.

You spend hundreds of hours playing a game and you call me an arsehole. Sanctimoneous wanker. If they weren't so overpriced then people would be less likely to 'steal' them. Yes, yes, yes they wouldn't be overpriced if it weren't for piracy. That's why nintendo games (which are, and always have been to the masses, virtually uncopyable) are so expensive.

Nintendo games were only expensive because carts cost a lot more to manufacture than CDs - which is one of the main reasons they lost their stranglehold as the top dog in the games industry during the PSX/N64 area. And no, Nintendo games are probably easier to pirate. You can get just about any SNES game off the net to play on your PC, same with the N64. Games are priced correctly, they allow companies to re-invest the money and create bigger and better games.

Nintendo games were only expensive because carts cost a lot more to manufacture than CDs - which is one of the main reasons they lost their stranglehold as the top dog in the games industry during the PSX/N64 area. And no, Nintendo games are probably easier to pirate. You can get just about any SNES game off the net to play on your PC, same with the N64. Games are priced correctly, they allow companies to re-invest the money and create bigger and better games.

You can play them on your PC now but you couldn't when they were current. There were devices to play backups of course but the cost of purchasing the extra hardware and the fact games weren't as easy to download as they are now meant that not a lot of people bothered.

Carts did cost a lot more but only in relevance to how much cd's cost. They were still a tiny fraction of the actually production cost.

You spend hundreds of hours playing a game and you call me an arsehole.

What's wrong with people getting full use out of something they own?

Sanctimoneous wanker.

Better to be sanctimonious than a thieving, know-nothing cunt.

You can try and justify stealing someone else's hard work, but it won't wash with me. Imagine if everyone downloaded warez instead of buying it? It's people like you that are partly responsible for the creators of some of my favourite games going out of business. Prick.

Boohooooo. So you don't download anything that's copyright protected? mp3's? films? you have legal copies of all the software you use? You never watch streams of the match?

*Waves microsoft enblazoned truncheon in a threatening way*

"In the van son, we don't want any trouble"

Boohooooo. So you don't download anything that's copyright protected? mp3's? films? you have legal copies of all the software you use? You never watch streams of the match?

I'd be lying if I said I had never circumvented legal channels on occasion, as I think would pretty much everyone, but the vast majority (well over 95%) of my music/games/viewing pleasures/etc are honestly acquired.

Your attitude (and correct me if I'm wrong) seems to be that we are fools for wanting to purchase a legal copy of FM2006 when we can just get a warez copy. I think that sort of attitude stinks to high heaven.

I can just imagine how pissed off Dave U would be, for example, if some enterprising young chap started running off photocopies of the latest issue of TLW and undercutting his sales. It's the same principle here.

You do whatever your conscience permits you to, but so help me, if you bring that attitude into a discussion, I will pull you up on it, and rightly so. In fact, most internet boards would see you served with a ban for such a thing, and you're lucky that this place is so laid-back as to turn a blind eye.

Your attitude (and correct me if I'm wrong) seems to be that we are fools for wanting to purchase a legal copy of FM2006 when we can just get a warez copy. I think that sort of attitude stinks to high heaven.

I don't think you're a fool if that's what you want to do. It was more like disbelief that so many people did still pay for games instead of downloading. I was more asking the question rather than passing a judgement.