You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Foods which set your arse off

42 minutes ago, Nelly-Szoboszlai said:

Protein milkshakes (pre-made or made from protein powders), red peppers, sausages. 

i find loads of "health supplements" give me the shits, or just upset my stomach. 

protein shakes beibng one, any kind of stimulant pre workout, i also took NCAA tablets and i had a bout of shits for 2 full days. 

Of regular food, the only thing that gets me going is if i eat loads of ice cream, i can eat a 99 without any fear, but if crack open a tub of ben & jerrys and go to town on it, my stomach would be gurgling for 2 days after it

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

i find loads of "health supplements" give me the shits, or just upset my stomach. 

protein shakes beibng one, any kind of stimulant pre workout, i also took NCAA tablets and i had a bout of shits for 2 full days. 

Of regular food, the only thing that gets me going is if i eat loads of ice cream, i can eat a 99 without any fear, but if crack open a tub of ben & jerrys and go to town on it, my stomach would be gurgling for 2 days after it

Those protein shakes are an absolute nightmare for weak digestive systems. Even the 'whey isolate' ones are bad.

3 minutes ago, chrisbonnie said:

Ah Fuck it- Add Ice cream to the list. 

But try being stoned on a Friday night and NOT finishing a tub of B&J. Impossible I tell thee 

7 minutes ago, Fowlers God said:

Ah Fuck it- Add Ice cream to the list. 

But try being stoned on a Friday night and NOT finishing a tub of B&J. Impossible I tell thee 

I could eat Ice Cream for every meal. It is probably the 'stoned' part causing your problems.

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Our generation(s) deffo seem to have weaker guts. My nan's lot would eat beef dripping and lard by the bucketload and not bat an eyelid. 

Yeah, but they just shat in the streets when they felt like it and no one batted an eyelid.

• Upvote 1

Another for the IBS club, although mines dairy. I now drink black tea but fuck giving up cheese, I just live with it. 

Colchicine though, fucking hell, my arse is like a powerhose if I have to take that for 2 or 3 days. 

Had a collection of meats from a cooked sheep's head (including brain) from a stall in the Jemaa el-Fnaa market square in Marrakech, as the locals were earting there, and when in Rome.

Spent the next day in the hotel room toilet suite weeing poo from my arse. Was okay after 24 hours but I'll leave it as a once in a lifetime experience. 

47 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Another for the IBS club, although mines dairy. I now drink black tea but fuck giving up cheese, I just live with it. 

Colchicine though, fucking hell, my arse is like a powerhose if I have to take that for 2 or 3 days. 

+ naproxin + ibuprofen. Fuckinell. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Total Longo said:

Vodka

Definitely another one.

Back in my early 20's i was a divil for vodka.. 

Used to give me terrible cramps and shits the next day, and also shocking memory loss. 

The memory loss was so bad I used to text myself when I ordered vodka... I'd text myself every order, wake up the following day, check my phone, and not remember a single text. I was hoping sending the texts would rejig my memory. It didn't 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Lurtz said:

+ naproxin + ibuprofen. Fuckinell. 

45 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Yep - fucking vile combination when it’s normally followed a week on the piss as well. 

Have you tried Omeprazole before the Naproxen or Ibuprofen? Works really well at preventing it wrecking your stomach. Not sure if it's supposed to be taken before Colchicine though.

1 minute ago, Mudface said:

Have you tried Omeprazole before the Naproxen or Ibuprofen? Works really well at preventing it wrecking your stomach. Not sure if it's supposed to be taken before Colchicine though.

It’s prescribed to take with it normally. 

Made zero fucking difference for me. 

Fuck me, I don't have a colon and I've got a stronger constitution than most of you. Too much sugar or alcohol will disrupt me a little but after living with ulcerative colitis for 15 years, I have way fewer triggers nowadays, post surgery.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Karl_b said:

Fuck me, I don't have a colon and I've got a stronger constitution than most of you. Too much sugar or alcohol will disrupt me a little but after living with ulcerative colitis for 15 years, I have way fewer triggers nowadays, post surgery.

Got to be a superhero origin story in there somewhere. Professor Colon. Arse Man.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mudface said:

I have a lanzoprazole every couple of days. I refer to them as my "drinking tablets". FML.