You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Ruben Amorim

10 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Gerrard at Villa

P 40

W 13

D 8

L 19

32.5% Win percentage 

Emery 'stinking the place up at Arsenal'

P 78

W 43

D  16

L 19

55% Win percentage 

I should also add he had one full season at Arsenal and finished on 70pts, 7 more and a place higher than the season before. He spent 20ml net, not given the hundreds of millions Arteta got. He told them not to sign Pepe, and to sign Zaha instead the following summer. Without a nasty patch in April/May when they won one of six games. Another win that period and he finishes 3rd

6 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

That is a worry of mine. And he'd probably do it for free or a pure bonus deal. 

Or maybe he's flying for an interview to get his photo taken to try and force other people's hands. Although I don't really see that as something that'll make fsg jump. 

Agreed, if anything that'll get you taken off any shortlist

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

People on here seem to know an awful lot about Emery.

Maybe they are Emery. Maybe he’s signed up with multiple accounts.

Good ebening, Unai.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Denny Crane said:

Just checked how managers Dortmund have had since Klop joined us. They are on their 7th manager post Klopp and this Marco Rose was one. 

Yep. I remember clearly. He was awful there and at Gladbach. Well,not awful but nothing special. A cup win at Leipzig is decent but if Bayern weren't winning it Leipzig were most likely to with their cash.

9 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Austrian Leagues and a German Cup are a low bar.

He may well have won the league last year had he started the season with them. He joined 6 games into the season. He trailed Dortmund by 7pts and Bayern by 6 so after taking over he got more points than both in the last 29 games 

Just now, Lee909 said:

He may well have won the league last year had he started the season with them. He joined 6 games into the season. He trailed Dortmund by 7pts and Bayern by 6 so after taking over he got more points than both in the last 29 games 

Where have we seen that before!

Would I be correct in saying that a lot of Jurgen’s current duties/last calls/vetos will now go to Edwards and Hughes?

It’s possibly more of a coaching job now and not as attractive a role to some higher profile candidates as a result. 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Would I be correct in saying that a lot of Jurgen’s current duties/last calls/vetos will now go to Edwards and Hughes?

It’s possibly more of a coaching job now and not as attractive a role to some higher profile candidates as a result. 

This always gets trotted out but often ignores the fact that it's the standard for most clubs around Europe.

The UK are just late adopters.

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Where are the Rose links?

He seems a good coach, very unlucky not to knock Real out in the last 16, battered them but couldn't finish

Apparently talks are advanced and the deal can be Sealed with a kiss from Rose.