You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Title Race

4 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We've just got to take the positive. Send the kids next week, send the lads who need minutes. Rest the rest. We have 4 games in 9 days all away from home. So save these boys a trip to Italy and get them ready for Fulham/Everton/west ham. These games will define our season. Get 3 points this weekend and then find a way to get through Thursday that leaves us in the best possible shape for that week ahead. If we get 12 from the next 4 games, nobody will be worrying about the uefa cup. 

We won't play kids in 2nd leg.

We went strong in a 2nd leg where we won 1st 5-1....

5 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

We've just got to take the positive. Send the kids next week, send the lads who need minutes. Rest the rest. We have 4 games in 9 days all away from home. So save these boys a trip to Italy and get them ready for Fulham/Everton/west ham. These games will define our season. Get 3 points this weekend and then find a way to get through Thursday that leaves us in the best possible shape for that week ahead. If we get 12 from the next 4 games, nobody will be worrying about the uefa cup. 

I am sure Klopp will go with a full team to Italy to try and turn this around.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, an tha said:

We won't play kids in 2nd leg.

We went strong in a 2nd leg where we won 1st 5-1....

3 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I am sure Klopp will go with a full team to Italy to try and turn this around.

I hope he doesn't, because it'll screw us up in the league too. Too many of these players look fucked. The injuries with the games have caught up with us. We're desperate for the cavalry of these returning players. 

2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I hope he doesn't, because it'll screw us up in the league too. Too many of these players look fucked. The injuries with the games have caught up with us. We're desperate for the cavalry of these returning players. 

I agree with you. Never say never with us but EL is as good as gone. I would play Ali, Jota, Jones, Grav, Trent, Kostas and the kids. But I just don't think Klopp will do that.

31 minutes ago, Carra_is_legend said:

I agree with you. Never say never with us but EL is as good as gone. I would play Ali, Jota, Jones, Grav, Trent, Kostas and the kids. But I just don't think Klopp will do that.

He doesn't have much of a record for doing that in Europe, but has has leaned into that type of thing in the domestic cups. 

The United result has harmed us no doubt but it was 100% on us, they need to pull their fucking fingers out, tonight was on us too and it cannot be allowed to happen again. We have really come unstuck in the last few weeks and mainly of our own doing.

Time to dig in and go for it. Makes you winder if minds aren’t on the summer tournaments.

It wont be a 2nd string next week

We will go strong, as shit as that was tonight if we go 1 up in the first 20 mins over there it will be game on. 

We have been terrible in front of goal the last month or so but the team can easily still create chances and Atalanta will be a bit stuck in what to do, come out aggressive and try and kill the game early or sit back and try and counter and possibly get penned in 

10 hours ago, Lee909 said:

It wont be a 2nd string next week

We will go strong, as shit as that was tonight if we go 1 up in the first 20 mins over there it will be game on. 

We have been terrible in front of goal the last month or so but the team can easily still create chances and Atalanta will be a bit stuck in what to do, come out aggressive and try and kill the game early or sit back and try and counter and possibly get penned in 

Given how they played, defended, denied us space and time and made it difficult for us to play - I'd rather they go after us next week.

They won't of course, which will make an already difficult task even more difficult, and they look like they can comfortably sit on the big cushion they have and actually as game wears on if we have not made a dent I can see them hurting us on the break.

We are capable at our best of going there and pulling this off, but we will need to be absolutely at our best and be clinical as well as disciplined and concentrated if it does turn into a close thing.

Hope I'm wrong, but there's no straws left to be grasped at after last night.

We've a fucking horrible run of away games after the 2nd leg, Fulham, bitters and West ham, to play. No point wasting energy by chasing a near impossible result next week.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, niallers said:

We've a fucking horrible run of away games after the 2nd leg, Fulham, bitters and West ham, to play. No point wasting energy by chasing a near impossible result next week.

Palace first.

14 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

This Sunday is make or break. Nothing but a win will do. If we don’t then it’s curtains in the season.

They simply can’t afford to swagger around the pitch on Sunday.

They weren't swaggering last night; far from it.  

2 hours ago, niallers said:

The thing to grasp is the returning players will raise our level and change something. But that's about it.

We make every single game no matter how shit the opposition hardwork, its going to take its toll. The high risk high reward football it either makes you or breaks you. It helps if you treat the domestic cups with disdain which it felt Klopp did at first.

18 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

Klopp will send a team to win and go through. That’s who He is.

The league has to be the main target obviously but we can’t overlook the EL, even though we know it looks like an impossible task.

• Upvote 1

We’ve more than enough good players to give next Thursday a proper rattle without it impinging on whatever title chances we have.

If anything under Klopp, it’s when we make a huge number of unforced changes that we lose rhythm, or when we have a big gap between games. 

I don’t think we’ll get past Atalanta, but I want to see us give it a go.

I'd love to see us give it a go but the timing of the season and circumstances, the end of Klopps era. Do we really want to expend so much energy chasing 4 goals in italy. Can this side even score 4 goals that would be about 8 thousand chances we would need to create.

11 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

We’ve more than enough good players to give next Thursday a proper rattle without it impinging on whatever title chances we have.

If anything under Klopp, it’s when we make a huge number of unforced changes that we lose rhythm, or when we have a big gap between games. 

I don’t think we’ll get past Atalanta, but I want to see us give it a go.

At least try to win the game ?

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

The United result has harmed us no doubt but it was 100% on us, they need to pull their fucking fingers out, tonight was on us too and it cannot be allowed to happen again. We have really come unstuck in the last few weeks and mainly of our own doing.

Time to dig in and go for it. Makes you winder if minds aren’t on the summer tournaments.

Or we've lost some intensity because the manager is going. 

19 minutes ago, Arnaud said:

Klopp will send a team to win and go through. That’s who He is.

The league has to be the main target obviously but we can’t overlook the EL, even though we know it looks like an impossible task.

I would imagine he would. I might argue with have a better chance of returning with a win with a bunch of youngsters full of energy and players returning from injury wanting their place back in the first team. Some of our players look completely fucked and i don't see how burning them even further over there helps. 

• Upvote 2

I’m sick of hearing every player is fucked come the 30 game mark for fuck sake its on klopp that the squad is not big enough I mean we rotate enough and nearly every player has been out for parts of the season and this happens every fucking season let’s see if it happens next season 

1 hour ago, Dapower said:

I’m sick of hearing every player is fucked come the 30 game mark for fuck sake its on klopp that the squad is not big enough I mean we rotate enough and nearly every player has been out for parts of the season and this happens every fucking season let’s see if it happens next season 

It isn't just about physical exhaustion though. It's mental too. We have a bunch of new players who are not used to playing at such an intensity for such a long time. And it's not just the new signings. Quansah, Bradley and even to some extent kelleher have come from nowhere to be involved all the time.  Gomez has been around a long time, but we're expecting more from him than ever before. And with so many senior players out for such long periods this season, some others have had to take more responsibility than they've ever done before. And our injuries have been enormous. We're not alone, the mancs, Newcastle, Brighton have all suffered too. But then across football, both domestically and internationally, there's too much football. 

So they're fucked. 

• Upvote 1

Some good news from last night is that result has gone and fucked up the England coefficient. The 5th place finish no longer looks anything like guaranteed CL so Villa can't field their reserves on Sunday.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, No2 said:

Some good news from last night is that result has gone and fucked up the England coefficient. The 5th place finish no longer looks anything like guaranteed CL so Villa can't field their reserves on Sunday.

So are we to blame? Well least we still boil piss on twitter then