You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (H) - Wed 31st Jan 2024 (8:15pm)

Trumo

Just now, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Incidentally, I noticed that the away fans were back on the Main Stand side of the Lower Anny Road.

I approve.

Wouldn’t that have been because Norwich was a Cup game and they’d normally get the whole of the lower Anfield Rd but probably didn’t sell out?

1 minute ago, Anubis said:

Wouldn’t that have been because Norwich was a Cup game and they’d normally get the whole of the lower Anfield Rd but probably didn’t sell out?

Fulham fans were on the SKD side, too.  It was all very disconcerting.

2 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Did that used to be the case in the '70s and '80s? I'm sure at one of the games I went to in the early '80s, the away fans were where blocks 127/ 128 are now. I only ever went on the Kop or in the Main Stand/ Paddock so can't remember for sure.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mudface said:

Did that used to be the case in the '70s and '80s? I'm sure at one of the games I went to in the early '80s, the away fans were where blocks 127/ 128 are now. I only ever went on the Kop or in the Main Stand/ Paddock so can't remember for sure.

Aye, the away end used to be in the corner of the Anny Road & Kemlyn.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Fuck him, little Chelsea twat.

That was my other thought. You just know his dad (probably Captain Willard) has already made contact with his legal team to begin proceedings against Chelsea. 

36 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Really? We are verbally attacking kids now? Not good.

A couple of points for when you manage to get down off your high horse...

Firstly, is it possible to 'verbally attack' someone on an internet forum they'll never see?

Secondly, I wasn't being entirely serious.

Fanny.

On 01/02/2024 at 12:08, Vincent Vega said:

They’ve fell off a cliff since Tuchel left haven’t they? The two finals we had against them in 2022 were really close affairs, and realistically could have gone either way. That last night was as dominant a performance as I can remember against a Chelsea team since the dodgy Russian walked through the door and bought them success.

If they miss out on Europe again this season, you would think they will be severely restricted in the transfer window this summer. Todd Boehly is the best thing to happen to them since they were relegated in 1988.

As for Pochettino, I’m starting to think that Harry Kane and Son made him look a much better manager than he actually is.

The Reds were absolutely magnificent last night though, not sure any team out there could have lived with us in that mood.

Any manager who thought it was a good idea to play Cole Palmer as a lone 9 standing up against vvd and konate, not even playing the role like Bobby, needs their fucking head testing. And it took him till half time to drop him deeper. Then he let Jones take the piss out of him for nearly all the 2nd half and didn't take him off until klopp took Jones off. I started feeling sorry for him until I remembered the London press think he's the greatest player since Mudryk out run James Milner. 

19 hours ago, The wanderer said:

I got a text from someone at the game who said the club had to put out a message about their fans chanting about Hillsborough , was this true FFS?

We heard the announcement, but we're in the upper Annie and didn't hear a thing. Although didn't really hear them all game. 

8 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I think the segregation under the stadium operates in sections through the away end which accounts for the 3 set ups depending on the size of away following. For the cup games, the allocation is the whole end, but they have to use the same segregation gates under the stand..so if LFC have 2 blocks (as I think we did v Norwich), that can only be done with the away end being filled from the Kenny side.