You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Klopp: Stepping down at the end of the season

dandyman

Chatting to my uncle last night and we both reckon he'll be back. Can see him taking six months out, then doing some punditry (TV gold) then taking the Germany job. Give it four/five years he'll be back. He's still a kid in manager terms.

There's a rumour that he told someone 'This doesn't feel like my club anymore'. I'm not inclined to believe that, but I'm certainly astonished he's agreed to them filming his last months in charge - he's been so resistant to that before, it feels more like a shrug of the shoulders at what's happening than a willing agreement. I suppose the initial shock is now wearing off and I'm still wondering what the hell happened. Journalists who saw him in the summer, at the time he said it dawned on him that he was too tired to continue, said how re-energised he seemed. Now they're backtracking and suddenly 'remembering;' he was fatigued. I really still find it very perplexing. And remembering how Shankly was adamant he was finished, and then he wasn't, and how Kenny was adamant and then he wasn't, I feel resigned to seeing Jurgen realise six months or so on that he has plenty more in the tank. I just hope he had a proper chat with Kenny - if anyone could have given him pause for thought, it's him.

• Upvote 1

If there is another reason why he’s going, maybe announcing it near the end of a transfer window when we yet again haven’t signed a defensive midfielder might be relevant.

The whole thing has overshadowed the fact we didn’t sign anyone. I thought Endo was a stop gap and Mac would be moved back to his preferred position by now.

10 hours ago, gkmacca said:

There's a rumour that he told someone 'This doesn't feel like my club anymore'. I'm not inclined to believe that, but I'm certainly astonished he's agreed to them filming his last months in charge - he's been so resistant to that before, it feels more like a shrug of the shoulders at what's happening than a willing agreement. I suppose the initial shock is now wearing off and I'm still wondering what the hell happened. Journalists who saw him in the summer, at the time he said it dawned on him that he was too tired to continue, said how re-energised he seemed. Now they're backtracking and suddenly 'remembering;' he was fatigued. I really still find it very perplexing. And remembering how Shankly was adamant he was finished, and then he wasn't, and how Kenny was adamant and then he wasn't, I feel resigned to seeing Jurgen realise six months or so on that he has plenty more in the tank. I just hope he had a proper chat with Kenny - if anyone could have given him pause for thought, it's him.

Yeah my mate still reckons there's been doings, and that the weird caicedo shit finished him off in terms of his ability to work with the owners.

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Yeah my mate still reckons there's been doings, and that the weird caicedo shit finished him off in terms of his ability to work with the owners.

All reminds me of this

• Haha 1

It would be great if people fucking listened to the man and what he is saying - he has had to come out again today and say what he has already said and that must be frustrating for him.....

He feels he can't do the job justice anymore and people need to accept that and respect that - not aimed at anyone in particular on here, but all across social media and certainly with some of my mates there is a real lack of listening to what the man has said and accepting it.

Link:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/02/jurgen-klopp-its-not-that-i-want-to-leave-liverpool-i-have-to/

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, gkmacca said:

I've heard Kenny talk in the past though that he was offered a sabbatical and it wasn't an option in his mind. He knew he needed a break and if it was still his team and he was returning to it, it would have been no type of rest. I know it's different circumstances but we all know houllier never allowed himself a chance of a proper recovery, because it was his team and he wanted to be back with them. While Kenny knew relatively quickly he wanted to come back, we already had souness and it was too late. This won't be any different. 

Klopp has given all he has. It might turn out down the line he comes back, but it won't be for now and I am hoping it won't be in 12 months as that would mean the new guy has fucking blown it. 

1 hour ago, an tha said:

It would be great if people fucking listened to the man and what he is saying - he has had to come out again today and say what he has already said and that must be frustrating for him.....

He feels he can't do the job justice anymore and people need to accept that and respect that - not aimed at anyone in particular on here, but all across social media and certainly with some of my mates there is a real lack of listening to what the man has said and accepting it.

Link:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2024/02/jurgen-klopp-its-not-that-i-want-to-leave-liverpool-i-have-to/

Nah not for me squire. When you are tired theres always factors. Jurgen doesn't have to tell anyone what they are.

Fact is he signed a contract until 2026 and he's cut it way short. IMHO he's had enough of working miracles.

• Downvote 2

21 hours ago, Section_31 said:

Chatting to my uncle last night and we both reckon he'll be back. Can see him taking six months out, then doing some punditry (TV gold) then taking the Germany job. Give it four/five years he'll be back. He's still a kid in manager terms.

image.gif

3 minutes ago, BeefStroganoff said:

Nah not for me squire. When you are tired theres always factors. Jurgen doesn't have to tell anyone what they are.

Fact is he signed a contract until 2026 and he's cut it way short. IMHO he's had enough of working miracles.

It is more about the 'stay' shouts and the 'change your mind' shouts. 

So many people seem to be oblivious to what man is saying or just choosing not to accelt it and that is he feels he can't do the job or us justice beyond this season - he can't do the job 'on 3 wheels'.

1 hour ago, BeefStroganoff said:

You're wrong.

4 hours ago, an tha said:

Link:

That’s from Ferdinand’s TNT interview mate, pre Chelsea, where he just answers his question and repeats what he’s said. But it’s just wishful thinking from fans because other managers have had a change of mind in the past, no disrespect to Jurgen.

5 hours ago, Dicko said:

You're wrong.

And your explanation is?

This is the kind of team he dreams of and he's got it up and running quickly. Lots of youth, lots of talent with some seniors and most of all a high exciting ceiling. They are firing on four fronts and you're telling me that his simple decision is he's tired?

We all get tired but we have reasons for being tired. I've got tired of my jobs in my career but they are usually instigated by decision making at company level, people i have to work with, pain in the arse culture or money.

4 hours ago, kemskem said:

That’s from Ferdinand’s TNT interview mate, pre Chelsea, where he just answers his question and repeats what he’s said. But it’s just wishful thinking from fans because other managers have had a change of mind in the past, no disrespect to Jurgen.

I get that people are shocked, upset and of course don't want to lose him - but for me some of the stuff knocking about online is silly and its almost like some people can't look at it rationally.

I am 100% convinced that given sort of man he is that he is absolutely devoed to have to be leaving, but it is the mark of the man that he would rather walk away than let us down by not being able to do the job at the level he can and the level it demands.

7 hours ago, an tha said:

I get that people are shocked, upset and of course don't want to lose him - but for me some of the stuff knocking about online is silly and its almost like some people can't look at it rationally.

I am 100% convinced that given sort of man he is that he is absolutely devoed to have to be leaving, but it is the mark of the man that he would rather walk away than let us down by not being able to do the job at the level he can and the level it demands.

He’s obviously earned the right to our support and understanding of his decision. Let’s just enjoy Liverpool 2.0 for the rest of the season.

8 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And your explanation is?

This is the kind of team he dreams of and he's got it up and running quickly. Lots of youth, lots of talent with some seniors and most of all a high exciting ceiling. They are firing on four fronts and you're telling me that his simple decision is he's tired?

We all get tired but we have reasons for being tired. I've got tired of my jobs in my career but they are usually instigated by decision making at company level, people i have to work with, pain in the arse culture or money.

There are different types of "tired"... who knows what his is.

Just read that FSG have brought some guy in from baseball to help them look for a replacement manager.

Why bring someone in? If LFC knew Klopp was leaving, surely they'd have already done the scouting for a new manager? it might suggest Klopp leaving wasn't as amicable as first thought. It also suggests they aren't going for Alonso

10 hours ago, BeefStroganoff said:

And your explanation is?

I don't need an explanation, one has been provided.

You either choose to believe it or you don't.