You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (A) - Sat 30th Sep 2023 (5:30pm)

Trumo

As soon as we reach a situation where a review draws a conclusion immediately after a match and there is a statement of apology and/or admittance of error with wrong decision with regards to a goal being disallowed, then clearly that goal gets awarded and any result amended. There is no other possible way of dealing with it. It is the only way to improve the standard. It is the only way these fuckers will learn to do their jobs properly.

53 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

I disagree.

If yesterday's officiating performance had merely been due to sheer incompetence then both teams would have suffered more or less equally.

No, all of the errors penalised 1 team, us, and that cannot be down to mere incompetence, that bias can only be explained by something more sinister and premeditated: corruption.

I disagree with the corruption charges as well. It’s Evertonian behaviour.

The officials are incompetent, plain and simple. 

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Problem would be bias with players. Most of the ex players doing punditry show how little some of them understand and the bias shines through. Only way that would work would be to get someone from the Holland/Germany with no ties to English football imo

This seems the most obvious,right behind the patently obvious 'Kill it with fire.'

While I’m still absolutely furious about yesterday, I’d like to say how proud I was of how even with 9 men, the spirit & togetherness we showed was absolutely incredible. The way everybody rallied round Matip was incredible as well. 

We’re a fucking team. This togetherness and, hopefully, siege mentality it should bring, will stand us in good stead this season. 

• Upvote 5

I shy away on calling conspiracy, but given we’ve now had 4 red cards in 7 games and that goal inexplicably disallowed, how can you not start to question. We’ve won the fair play league under Klopp several times, and aren’t a dirty side,so it’s impossible not to question PGMOL motives.

1 hour ago, Moo said:

Just on the what can the club do about it?  We should somehow demand that the unedited audio of the officials is released of the whole match. There's probably a rule against that as it hints at questioning their integrity, if so we need to get some journalists onside to create a groundswell. This is bigger than one match it's about football being ruined and anyone who cares about the game should be up in arms. Unfortunately though I think most involved in the game are happy to help keep the gravy train on track.

I fear the club will do fuck all again. Imagine if this happened to Ferguson? The refs would be hung, drawn and quartered by now and the mancs would get every decision going for the rest of the season 

4 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

While I’m still absolutely furious about yesterday, I’d like to say how proud I was of how even with 9 men, the spirit & togetherness we showed was absolutely incredible. The way everybody rallied round Matip was incredible as well. 

We’re a fucking team. This togetherness and, hopefully, siege mentality it should bring, will stand us in good stead this season. 

While it would have been nice to be better off (probably by only a point), nothing has changed as as result of yesterday's pretty criminal injustice - we're still 2 points behind City.

And now with a chip on our shoulders to go with already visible signs of great team spirit.

If we make a statement at Brighton, I think we can go on and.... challenge for the League, not just top 4 bollocks.

Cannot wait for Tottenham to come to Anfield... "I would love it"... Keegan... etc etc 

What I take home from this is that we are pretty good. It took 2 controversial red cards, a dodgy offside disallowed goal, denied penalty and a last minute rotten luck kick in the bollocks to stop us getting something away at Spurs. 

• Upvote 1

What i dont get is, you have to guess that the var team are watching the game as they were pretty quick with the Curtis call. so if thats the case how did the var team think the onfield decision was a goal? Sounds like they where having a ciggy outside. 

İnept doesnt begin to describe this shower of untouchables.