You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - Sun 27th Aug 2023 (4:30pm)

Trumo

I hope they crash and burn in the Champions League losing every game 3

or 4 nil. Then we knock them out of the UEFA cup or whatever it’s called.   

I used to have a soft spot for Newcastle under Sir Kenny, Bobby and Keegan but they can fuck off now.  

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

He shouldn’t have been booked for either. 

Yeh I know but this has been debated endlessly now. The second one he puts his arm across the player to try and keep pace . Minimal contact but we see yellows all the time for that and 100 percent Trent would have been booked if the arsehole referee not been trying to even the score in his own mind. 

At least Shearer pointed out the incompetence of Brooks for not giving the initial foul on Trent.

Watched BeIN sports until the end of the half-time analysis and Keys goes: I think there are better keepers than Alisson in the Premier League. McAteer asked who and Keys said Ederson and then started to make a case for Pickford and Ramsdale. It must be the worst punditry gig going being sandwiched between the bitterest cunts in the business.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

As if brushing a player's shoulder is ever a bookable offence.

Shitrat should have been booked for his dive.

There is a massive difference between what I , and probably you, think is ever a bookable offence but we see it week in week out players getting booked for even the slightest attempt to impede a player trying to get past . The main issue with this , and there are many , is that refs are totally inconsistent in applying the rules and the current crop of tossers, the VAR generation,  are worse than the last . 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kemskem said:

At least Shearer pointed out the incompetence of Brooks for not giving the initial foul on Trent.

Watched BeIN sports until the end of the half-time analysis and Keys goes: I think there are better keepers than Alisson in the Premier League. McAteer asked who and Keys said Ederson and then started to make a case for Pickford and Ramsdale. It must be the worst punditry gig going being sandwiched between the bitterest cunts in the business.

Doesn't it make you feel good when you know that this result would be eating Hairy Hands from the inside out?  And the fact that he knows Alisson is a better goalie than all those he quoted but just can't accept it?  I love it.

• Upvote 3

That Núñez first goal reminded me of one that Suarez scored away at Norwich. Think it was in the same game as his goal from near the halfway line. 

For both these goals the finish was inch perfect and needed to be otherwise if it’s a fraction off either way the keeper saves it or it hits the post at a different angle snd probably bounces back out into play. 

It was an absolutely sublime finish. 

1 hour ago, stringvest said:

Doesn't it make you feel good when you know that this result would be eating Hairy Hands from the inside out?  And the fact that he knows Alisson is a better goalie than all those he quoted but just can't accept it?  I love it.

I just regret not watching the full-time analysis.

9 hours ago, Jose Jones said:

“Through the man” makes it sound like he steamed in two footed from behind. He slightly clipped his foot before getting the ball. 

Agree that whilst it was very harsh there’s no way that is getting over turned.

Yep, and I think Virg's reaction was one of a man that not only intended to play the ball, but knows he DID get the ball, albeit a fraction after clipping Isak. 

Stiff, but you can see why it's given. 

4 hours ago, Pete said:

I hope they crash and burn in the Champions League losing every game 3

or 4 nil. Then we knock them out of the UEFA cup or whatever it’s called.   

I used to have a soft spot for Newcastle under Sir Kenny, Bobby and Keegan but they can fuck off now.  

Always hated them.

Up there as one of the most deluded fanbases there is.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, magicrat said:

Yeh I know but this has been debated endlessly now. The second one he puts his arm across the player to try and keep pace . Minimal contact but we see yellows all the time for that and 100 percent Trent would have been booked if the arsehole referee not been trying to even the score in his own mind. 

The thing is that foul is a 50/50 yellow imo and maybe away from home it becomes 60/40 (in fact most players stay on their feet because they know they're away, but it's not in Gordon's make up). But I reckon no more than 1 in 10 would be given as yellows in the first 5 mins of a game, a tackle normally has to be pretty ugly, verging on dangerous to draw a yellow in the first 5. Refs just don't like giving them out then in any game, no matter which side. And Trent only got the first one because we're doing stupid bollocks trying to establish new protocols when it suits the ref, which will all be forgotten about in 6 weeks. I think in the opening 5 of a game, that's almost never a yellow. 

12 hours ago, magicrat said:

There is a massive difference between what I , and probably you, think is ever a bookable offence but we see it week in week out players getting booked for even the slightest attempt to impede a player trying to get past . The main issue with this , and there are many , is that refs are totally inconsistent in applying the rules and the current crop of tossers, the VAR generation,  are worse than the last . 

In all the analysis and comment over the last 36 hrs or so on the net and the tele, nobody wants to mention the real issue here - it isn’t whether or not Trent should have got a yellow or a 2nd yellow, or Virg should have got a yellow or a red, its the complete lack of awareness that Trent was dumped out of play w/o the ball being played, or that Joelinton was fouling up and down the pitch all afternoon, w/o receiving a yellow. In other words the total bias of the referee against one side, with no impartiality.