You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I genuinely think I'm done watching anymore PL games ever again.  On & Off the field the levels of corruption are astonishing and yet media/journalists turn a blind eye and laugh it off because the levels of money keeping them all in a job. 

Say what you want about Italy and Serie A in the past but they are the only ones who actually have the bollocks to punish clubs, huge clubs even at detriment to their own league and sponsors.  The PL just brush it all under the carpet and have token investigations that never amount to anything. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Preston Red said:

Fear not though, Gallagher and Riley will be along tomorrow with the mental gymnastics to explain why it wasn't a penalty. Explaining it away perfectly while Webb keeps hold of the blackmail pics for another week.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Vbeue1GyI&feature=share

They just make the shit up.

54 minutes ago, YorkshireRed said:

Good old Carragher. The only one in the studio “not sure” it was a pen. 

I hate that he has represented us in the past, the Sky shill.

Most overrated player by our fans in our history.

Presumably not that great a human either.

3 minutes ago, Funkasy said:

Webb has set new rules that it needs to be absolute howlers before the ref is asked to watch the monitor. Now they got that extra loop hole to use.

Listening to that it sounds like one man has total control over football. That's bullshit.

34 minutes ago, George Costanza said:

I genuinely think I'm done watching anymore PL games ever again.  On & Off the field the levels of corruption are astonishing and yet media/journalists turn a blind eye and laugh it off because the levels of money keeping them all in a job. 

Say what you want about Italy and Serie A in the past but they are the only ones who actually have the bollocks to punish clubs, huge clubs even at detriment to their own league and sponsors.  The PL just brush it all under the carpet and have token investigations that never amount to anything. 

Couldn't agree more. In my childhood we were all suckered into the whole British lion/warrior/gentleman story, while those with passports originating furhter South were portrayed a bit eh... differently.

I'm 100 per cent certain the PL has seen just as many envelopes change hands over the last two decades as the Serie A. While there may not be a Mafia controlling the results of each game, the narratives are being set by people in power, and with money to earn.

37 minutes ago, Jurgen Knows said:

2-1 FT. Gerrard’s first win in Saudi football. Unexpected defeat for Sadio Mane’s Al Nassr, even in the absence of Ronaldo.

image.png

I hope they're paying you well to debase yourself like this.

I saw a thread a while ago where you said you are in Beruit, I hope things are better there than they were earlier this year, as it's an ace city in an excellent country (visited a while ago).

29 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I hope they're paying you well to debase yourself like this.

Loads. Happy days!

29 minutes ago, Moctezuma said:

I saw a thread a while ago where you said you are in Beruit, I hope things are better there than they were earlier this year, as it's an ace city in an excellent country (visited a while ago).

I am from Beirut, but I live in Dubai and consider the whole Arab world my home. The borders you see were drawn up by colonial powers after World War II. I’m sure you know about colonial powers chief Moctezuma.

Thank you for your kind words.