You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

One for Tokyo.

image.png

I was in my local yesterday and one of the locals, a Spurs fan (he's sound really) said don't you go nicking our manager! It stumped me for a moment because I couldn't remember who the hell it was.

Fucking hate Spurs me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Couldn’t say for sure, as I think this was the era of Rodgers and the transfer committee.

If my drunken, pissed up, whisky stained memory is right, the committee signed Firmino when they had tapped Klopp up, but hadn’t yet sacked Rodgers.

Sounds about right for the timing of Firmino, but I think that's where the majority of the Sterling money went. One out, one in. Mané was a year later, so not sure you can link Sterling's sale to him.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, an tha said:

He's from a family of chelsea fans from a proper tory area - i just can't see how he would fit in culturally living on merseyside (even the areas where the players live) and with the club and the fans.

I might be doing him a disservice but i just can't see it...probably brought up hating us and believing all the stereotypes etc.....that stuff sticks IMHO.

I really like him as a player, have done since his loan at Palace. I always thought he'd be a good fit for Klopp's style but the more I watch him the more I'm swayed towards the above. There was a report over the summer when we were meant to be considering him that he didn't want to leave London. Anyone who thinks like that just isn't a serious footballer.

1 minute ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I look forward to Rodri being sanctioned by the FA for his comments on the referee and VAR on motd. 

My head nearly exploded when I saw that. Cheeky entitled cunt. Sums up the whole attitude of that club. So used to getting everything their own way they're kicking off about correct decisions.

The ref got that Walker / Sterling incident absolutely right and it's a great decision by him as you could see why some would have got that wrong and given a pen. He knew exactly what had gone down there and called it right. City complain about that decision should be worth another charge on top of the 115.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Sounds about right for the timing of Firmino, but I think that's where the majority of the Sterling money went. One out, one in. Mané was a year later, so not sure you can link Sterling's sale to him.

I think you’re correct on the financing.

I got myself mixed up, because the way we attacked teams, Mane was the replacement for Sterling and a big upgrade at that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, manwiththestick said:

Same here. I did see that Chelsea were leading but I then put my phone I another room in charge, had my tea and had a shower and by then the game had well finished.

I checked the score fully expecting a City comeback and win so the draw was a welcome sight.

I normally avoid until at least 30 mins after but am away at the moment and the time difference screwed me. Ended up checking with 30 to go and then couldn’t stop myself checking every 5 mins or so.

Holgate red carded after 12 mins for a horrible tackle on Mitoma. Stupid of Sheffield to put their trust in an Everton insurrectionist when they’re in a relegation battle with them.

No idea why the Utd players thought he was hard done by.

3 hours ago, Anubis said:

So Forest have hired Clattenburg as a referee analyst. Is he writing their letters for them?

Did he bring the Pugil sticks?

The Sheffield fans are as mad as evertonians judging from this game. Booing players who’ve been hacked down, chanting cheat every time a decision goes the other way. Brighton aren’t even trying, they don’t really have to.