You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Fulham - Wednesday 3 May at 20.00

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I think the inverted RB thing is too clever for its own good. Move Trent into midfield (where he looks great) and buy a right back in the summer with the hope that Ramsey comes good too.

I actually like Gomez at RB but he's another cunt who is made of rice krispie cakes.

What formation do we play if you add a right back?

35 minutes ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Nice of our big brave skipper to allow the Fulham player to take a free, unchallenged shit from 6 yards out.

Unfortunately, as a dad of three young boys, none of my shits get to go unchallenged these days. One of them is always knocking on the door to ask what I'm doing. 

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

From that clip I'm not sure what Hendo could do other than foul the bloke.

I thought there was an opportunity to tackle just before then but I can't remember really.  What I do know is that Henderson has made an art form out of running next to or slightly behind the opposition without doing anything, it's a thing of beauty really.

• Upvote 1

Didnt pay to much attention to this tonight, had it on in the corner and caught bits and pieces. Seemed like yet again the team had a great start but lacked end product then proceeded to return to the level of shitness we've become accustomed to this season.

Anyway yet again a win is a win and i'll take it at this point of the season, especially as I opened twitter to see LiVARpool trending, looks like even during our worst season in the Klopp era we are still rattling the Mancs, it would take an epic bottle job by them to not take 9 points from 6 games but clearly they believe it's possible.

The inverted fullback tactic is definitely working. Implement it earlier and we would have gotten top 4. Whether it's actually good enough to make it a regular thing is something to analyze this preseason. It mostly depends on recruitment. 

But it's hard not to find our new attack pretty lame at this point. They all have bad weaknesses. Diaz and Gakpo are good players but they don't score enough, Jota scores and runs around but does little else, and present day Salah and Nunez are the same sort of forward in that they're going to threaten the goal but they're probably going to play badly on the whole, Salah obviously being a level higher. They just all have to be so much better. 

5 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

From that clip I'm not sure what Hendo could do other than foul the bloke.

Shut up with your common sense. It destroys the need to find somebody to blame,which also suits an agenda so people can win the internet. 

I will take the three points,no matter how hard won. I won't 'blame' players for anything and will just hope we can continue to pick up wins until the season ends.

• Upvote 5

Always the victims, blah blah.

World dominance ifitadentavbinforcovidandwar.

• I think one thing which is vastly under-stated and need to be made allowances for is

Posted by Maximusinvisible.gifuser_silhouette.png on May 3, 2023, 9:27 pm, in reply to "With the continued reporting around Usmanov "

Is our having to drop sponsorship deals because of the war in Ukraine - that has hurt us financially in large proportions, surely some allowance has to be made for it.

Officially, legally Usmanov is not an owner. If this is going to be made a thing, Newcastle United should be in much deeper doodoo way faster than we are.

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

The inverted fullback tactic is definitely working. Implement it earlier and we would have gotten top 4. Whether it's actually good enough to make it a regular thing is something to analyze this preseason. It mostly depends on recruitment. 

But it's hard not to find our new attack pretty lame at this point. They all have bad weaknesses. Diaz and Gakpo are good players but they don't score enough, Jota scores and runs around but does little else, and present day Salah and Nunez are the same sort of forward in that they're going to threaten the goal but they're probably going to play badly on the whole, Salah obviously being a level higher. They just all have to be so much better. 

The attack is definately just as big a problem as midfield, probably biggeer even given how much money we've spent on it. 

19 minutes ago, Daisy said:

The attack is definately just as big a problem as midfield, probably biggeer even given how much money we've spent on it. 

It's only lately that we have near the full compliment of forwards available. 18 goals scored in the last 6 games tells a different story. 

A big issue all year is that the counter press wasn't working so we weren't winning the ball high up the pitch and don't have too many creative players to open teams up. "No playmaker in the world can be as good as a good counter-pressing situation".

The move of Trent to midfield has helped the team to play higher and to press better. That and being able to pick and choose, based on form, opposition, and niggles, which of 5/6 forwards to play, has meant we are scoring freely. 

The defence (not just defenders) needs organisation and maybe new blood, to be able to manage the hybrid system, but like Klopp did when he first got here. He starts with the attack and then builds from there. 

1 minute ago, Razoray said:

It's only lately that we have near the full compliment of forwards available. 18 goals scored in the last 6 games tells a different story. 

A big issue all year is that the counter press wasn't working so we weren't winning the ball high up the pitch and don't have too many creative players to open teams up. "No playmaker in the world can be as good as a good counter-pressing situation".

The move of Trent to midfield has helped the team to play higher and to press better. That and being able to pick and choose, based on form, opposition, and niggles, which of 5/6 forwards to play, has meant we are scoring freely. 

The defence (not just defenders) needs organisation and maybe new blood, to be able to manage the hybrid system, but like Klopp did when he first got here. He starts with the attack and then builds from there. 

To be fair to Rodgers the Bodger,he also tried to build from the front and outscore the opposition,but you have to buy and show faith in players that suit that system. A shining example is that you buy a goalkeeper who is not only an excellent shot stopper but is comfortable with a ball at their feet rather than one who when the ball was at their feet looked like they were juggling hot coals with those feet without shoes and socks on.

Just now, VladimirIlyich said:

To be fair to Rodgers the Bodger,he also tried to build from the front and outscore the opposition,but you have to buy and show faith in players that suit that system. A shining example is that you buy a goalkeeper who is not only an excellent shot stopper but is comfortable with a ball at their feet rather than one who when the ball was at their feet looked like they were juggling hot coals with those feet without shoes and socks on.

Agree. Rodgers lost one of those forwards to Barcelona and Sturridge to the treatment table and replaced them with Lambert and Balotelli.

Oh and the next part of the plan, improving the defence and midfield, he forgot that part. 

3 minutes ago, Razoray said:

Agree. Rodgers lost one of those forwards to Barcelona and Sturridge to the treatment table and replaced them with Lambert and Balotelli.

Oh and the next part of the plan, improving the defence and midfield, he forgot that part. 

I don't believe Rodgers was capable of improving anything as I never liked him at all. His first season and partial last one were exactly his level. A man steeped in Chelsea and Mourinho was always going to be a narcissist and completely at odds with the ethos of most managers and fans. 

5 minutes ago, Mook said:

Yes, without the inverted RB thing.

You say it like it's some wildly alien concept when all it is is moving Trent from being far further up the pitch almost as a winger as opposed to tucking him in a bit.

Base line up

Old - 4-3-3

New - 4-3-3

In defence

Old - 4 at the back

New - 4  at the back

In attack

Old - 2 at the back

New - 3 at the back (sometimes 2 at the back when the left back also pushes up)

27 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

You say it like it's some wildly alien concept when all it is is moving Trent from being far further up the pitch almost as a winger as opposed to tucking him in a bit.

Base line up

Old - 4-3-3

New - 4-3-3

In defence

Old - 4 at the back

New - 4  at the back

In attack

Old - 2 at the back

New - 3 at the back (sometimes 2 at the back when the left back also pushes up)

I understand all that, thanks but pointed out in my initial post why I don't like it an awful lot & what I would do next season.