You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should we sign him?   

173 members have voted

1. 1. Should we sign him?

22 hours ago, aws said:

Great finish. I’ve heard he regularly listens to the Podcast to help with his English and is really appreciative of Dave’s finishing one-on-one tips.  

Took me a bit too literally. I've been calling for him to lift it over the keeper all season, and the one time it wasn't on is when he did it and pulled it off. That wasn't a high percentage finish. Feign to shoot and go around him would have been my play in that situation, but you've got to admire the mentality of him attempting that when he's under such scrutiny every time he has a one v one.

He does not give a fuck what anyone is saying about him and I love that.

• Upvote 2

On 07/12/2023 at 14:28, TheHowieLama said:

In my spare time I do a spreadsheet that compares league goals/assists of Nunez to Hojlund. Similar price and expectations.

Haven't started on the Hojlund side yet but it's only a week into December.

Must be getting exciting now, like Shoot League Ladders

6 hours ago, dave u said:

Took me a bit too literally. I've been calling for him to lift it over the keeper all season, and the one time it wasn't on is when he did it and pulled it off. That wasn't a high percentage finish. Feign to shoot and go around him would have been my play in that situation, but you've got to admire the mentality of him attempting that when he's under such scrutiny every time he has a one v one.

He does not give a fuck what anyone is saying about him and I love that.

That's why he never learnt English......

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

I hate the easy comparisons usually but he's very similar to Cavani.

Same hard charging style and inexplicably good and bad finishing.

Why do you think it's inexplicable? Both players who play flat out and are incredibly emotional. The secret for Darwin missing so many big chances is learning to control his emotions at the time he wants to take a chance. 

11 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

Why do you think it's inexplicable? Both players who play flat out and are incredibly emotional. The secret for Darwin missing so many big chances is learning to control his emotions at the time he wants to take a chance. 

I mean, It's not like just saying the guy is intense explains why you'd miss some open goals and most of your 1v1's.

Theorizing that he simply has to "control his emotions" is as much of a guess as anything else as to what is going on.

7 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I mean, It's not like just saying the guy is intense explains why you'd miss some open goals and most of your 1v1's.

Theorizing that he simply has to "control his emotions" is as much of a guess as anything else as to what is going on.

What is 'going on' is he's scoring and we are at the top of the league. Simple.

2 minutes ago, dave u said:

That's so weird, I actually took a screenshot of that today as well because I saw the angry orc in the background and thought it was funny. 

image.png

The contrast had me in stitches. It's too good.

5 minutes ago, dave u said:

That's so weird, I actually took a screenshot of that today as well because I saw the angry orc in the background and thought it was funny. 

image.png

He’s off his head. Always running to the opposition fans to wind them up. He proper loves it.

• Upvote 1