You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea (N) - League Cup Final, Sun 27th Feb 2022 (4:30pm)

Trumo

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Jones would have demanded the fifth penalty and tried to panenka it in with his left foot. If there's one he doesn't lack it's self belief.

I think he is suffering a little through lack of confidence.  He certainly seems to be playing within himself (not a la Mook).  If his confidence was brimming, he'd be taking the bull by the horns a lot more imo

And so the whining starts...

The Football Association have written to Harvey Elliott after the Liverpool midfielder was seen holding a flare following the Carabao Cup final win over Chelsea.

Fans have been left appalled after footage from Liverpool's Carabao Cup celebrations appears to show defender Kostas Tsimikas spitting into the stands below. [blah blah blah] Alternative angles appear to suggest that nobody was directly beneath where Tsimikas apparently spat. 

5 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I think he is suffering a little through lack of confidence.  He certainly seems to be playing within himself (not a la Mook).  If his confidence was brimming, he'd be taking the bull by the horns a lot more imo

He should work on not leaning back like he's in an old Joan Collins Cinzano ad whenever he tries to shoot at goal.

1 hour ago, RedSand said:

Bah….. I thought he was incredibly one sided. Although reading through this, sounds like I was lucky not to have to listen to Hasselbaink.

Agree with you on Upton. He was one sided but threw in the odd bit of praise to try and disguise it.

1 hour ago, Red74 said:

Thought our subs were terrible yesterday and we lost control of the game. Don’t think any of them who came off deserved the hook as they were playing well. 

I’m still to be convinced that Elliott’s ready for the 1st team. Curtis Jones has shown he’s more suitable and would have offered far more yesterday if he’d have been brought into the squad. Elliott looked like a kid who’d invaded the pitch. Did he have a kick if the ball. 

Said it before but if you were Ox, why would you still want to be here. 

Trophies? I think Dave's said it before about our fringe players - why would you want to go and play for some struggling shit munchers (like Everton) when you can spend every day playing with the world's best players and the world's best manager. 

It's like Origi - people questioning his ambitions by sitting on the bench - the lad gets to play with Salah and Mane in training every day, and make spectacular cameos in matches every so often. I'd rather that than toiling away for Burnley or Norwich. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Imagine having to hold your tongue while the ref let the prick get away with all sorts.  Never mind a wry smile, I'd be giving it the full Nelson Muntz right in the dickhead's grid.

The thing is, if a penalty taker walked all the way up to the keeper on his line and just stared at him, or started talking, the ref would be going berserk and so would the commentators. It's only because it's become almost expected that a keeper comes out and tries to wind up the penalty taker that it barely gets a reaction from the ref. It should be one warning and then the next time it's a card.

1 hour ago, gkmacca said:

The thing is, if a penalty taker walked all the way up to the keeper on his line and just stared at him, or started talking, the ref would be going berserk and so would the commentators. It's only because it's become almost expected that a keeper comes out and tries to wind up the penalty taker that it barely gets a reaction from the ref. It should be one warning and then the next time it's a card.

Kepa and Kasper Schmeichel - all those 'mind games' for fuck all. Wankers. 

• Upvote 1