You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternative 'rona thread

Pureblood

13 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

Ickeman, TK, Stronts, RP - if people listened to you, this would be the outcome.

I could link myocarditis rates or videos of vaccine injured and say AngryOfTuebrook (+ list of other posters) - if people listened to you, this would be the outcome. I think that'd create a big argument though and I don't see the point so I'll pass thanks.

And besides, there's no "would" anyway, it could only ever be "could" because most people don't end up like that.

22 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I could link myocarditis rates or videos of vaccine injured and say AngryOfTuebrook (+ list of other posters) - if people listened to you, this would be the outcome. I think that'd create a big argument though and I don't see the point so I'll pass thanks.

And besides, there's no "would" anyway, it could only ever be "could" because most people don't end up like that.

If you posted footage of people receiving hospital treatment secure in the knowledge that they're receiving the best treatment - and not terrified and  haunted by nightmares and bogeymen implanted by constant exposure to liars, chancers and conmen - then, yeah, you might have a point.

11 minutes ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

If you posted footage of people receiving hospital treatment secure in the knowledge that they're receiving the best treatment - and not terrified and  haunted by nightmares and bogeymen implanted by constant exposure to liars, chancers and conmen - then, yeah, you might have a point.

I don't think I've had constant exposure to liars, chancers and conmen. Most of the bookmarks of twitter people I check daily are medical people and scientists too. I don't think many here would agree with them all but I think most would probably agree that they're not all frauds at the same time.

44 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't think I've had constant exposure to liars, chancers and conmen. Most of the bookmarks of twitter people I check daily are medical people and scientists too. I don't think many here would agree with them all but I think most would probably agree that they're not all frauds at the same time.

200.gif

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10379443/Two-lawyers-urging-Supreme-Court-block-Bidens-vaccine-mandates-catch-COVID-testify-remotely.html

Supreme Court signals it could BLOCK Biden's vaccine mandates after Chief Justice Roberts said 'this is something the federal government has never done before' and Kavanaugh asked why Congress hasn't acted on shot or test rules

Conservative justices on the U.S. Supreme Court questioned the legality of President Joe Biden's vaccine mandate for businesses as the nation's highest court considered a request by Republican officials and business groups to block the policy even as COVID-19 cases grip the nation. 

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Neil Gorsuch said states and Congress, rather than a federal agency, should take the lead in tackling the pandemic as the case reached the top court on Friday.

And fellow conservative Justice Amy Coney Barrett said the workplace policy - affecting more than 80 million American - was too broad. 

Roberts and Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Barrett probably hold the key to the outcome of Biden's controversial mandate. They have been more receptive to state-level vaccine requirements than the other three conservative justices. 

27 minutes ago, TK-421 said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10379443/Two-lawyers-urging-Supreme-Court-block-Bidens-vaccine-mandates-catch-COVID-testify-remotely.html

Supreme Court signals it could BLOCK Biden's vaccine mandates after Chief Justice Roberts said 'this is something the federal government has never done before' and Kavanaugh asked why Congress hasn't acted on shot or test rules

Conservative justices on the U.S. Supreme Court questioned the legality of President Joe Biden's vaccine mandate for businesses as the nation's highest court considered a request by Republican officials and business groups to block the policy even as COVID-19 cases grip the nation. 

Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Neil Gorsuch said states and Congress, rather than a federal agency, should take the lead in tackling the pandemic as the case reached the top court on Friday.

And fellow conservative Justice Amy Coney Barrett said the workplace policy - affecting more than 80 million American - was too broad. 

Roberts and Justices Brett Kavanaugh and Barrett probably hold the key to the outcome of Biden's controversial mandate. They have been more receptive to state-level vaccine requirements than the other three conservative justices. 

Errr

"The nation's top justices issued a landmark 1905 ruling that legitimized the authority of states to “reasonably” infringe upon personal freedoms during a public health crisis by issuing a fine to those who refused vaccination."

3 hours ago, TK-421 said:

Meanwhile, on The Sparky Way...

I was round at some tubby triple jabbed Alvin Stardust's gaff earlier.  Had a right flounce on him, he did.  Photos of Adam Lallana and Christian Poulsen all over the wall, so I told him to fack right off!

you ain't got the tools sweetheart.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, TD_LFC said:

I see them as him without the oxygen mask, they're being led on the same dance as he has and are buying into it, it's only pure luck that they aren't begging for their lives on a hospital bed/digging in and willing to die for the cause.

It's the Rogans/Carlsons and all the other grifters that are to blame.

Grifter - Someone that gets money dishonesty by tricking people.

Joe Rogan - Joe Rogan works for the UFC and therefore doesn't charge any money for his commentary. He gets paid a flat fee by the UFC. His podcast is available for free on Spotify and its popularity grew on the free platform Youtube. He does not sell any Coronavirus cures for money.

How is Joe Rogan a grifter exactly?

6 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Who’s scapegoating them?  Actions have consequences.  They’ve proved themselves to be stupid and I don’t want stupid people working for me.   You’re fine with doing it with other groups of people as you’ve stated above. So, no issues.  

Says the man who voted for David Cameron who then caused absolute fucking  carnage in Libya which then led to numerous innocent kids being blown up and killed a few miles from where he now lives. Your lack of self awareness is outstanding, fucking moron.

13 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

Says the man who voted for David Cameron who then caused absolute fucking  carnage in Libya which then led to numerous innocent kids being blown up and killed a few miles from where he now lives. Your lack of self awareness is outstanding, fucking moron.

Remind me again how I voted for Cameron.  After that we can move to the second sentence. 

6 hours ago, AngryOfTuebrook said:

I've actually got a wee bit of sympathy. He's obviously been gulled by dangerous, attention-seeking, amoral noise-makers into believing a world of batshit paranoid bullshit. It must be scary enough to be in hospital with a potentially fatal illness, but to have your head full of all that delusional nonsense must make it so much worse. 

Ickeman, TK, Stronts, RP - if people listened to you, this would be the outcome.

?

If people listened to me, we'd be like those, er, hellholes Sweden or Japan.

19 minutes ago, Strontium Dog™ said:

?

If people listened to me, we'd be like those, er, hellholes Sweden or Japan.

Japan who all wear masks that you were against? If we had listened to your initial assessments we'd be in an even worse spot than now. 

Your ego is writing cheques your posting history can't cash. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Boss said:

Grifter - Someone that gets money dishonesty by tricking people.

Joe Rogan - Joe Rogan works for the UFC and therefore doesn't charge any money for his commentary. He gets paid a flat fee by the UFC. His podcast is available for free on Spotify and its popularity grew on the free platform Youtube. He does not sell any Coronavirus cures for money.

How is Joe Rogan a grifter exactly?

It might be free on Spotify, but he's signed a contract worth a cool £100 million to move his podcast there. And I would imagine he was a paid partner on Youtube. If not, his manager needs sacking. For that sort of money, Spotify will be wanting some pretty clickable content, don't you think? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52736364

And then there's the official merch.

https://www.higherprimate.com/

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jack the Sipper said:

It might be free on Spotify, but he's signed a contract worth a cool £100 million to move his podcast to there from Youtube. For that sort of money, Spotify will be wanting some pretty clickable content, don't you think? 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-52736364

And then there's the official merch.

https://www.higherprimate.com/

I don't see how any of those things make him a grifter. He is selling merchandise to people that like his podcast. He's not making claims that his t-shirts will cure COVID. He's not knowingly deceiving people, which is the very essence of what the term grifter means. 

• Upvote 1