You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Joe Biden

Dougie Do'ins

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Isn't a lot of this just Republican gobshites sharing anything they can find? 

They made entire films about the dumb shit George W used to say and do, and he was in his early 50s. Reagan too, absolute window licker of Joe Cole proportions. 

It genuinely astonishes me the ability of Trump supporters to lob shitballs when their own man suggested injecting bleach to cure Covid, randomly hiss at people and respond to most questions with a thumbs up because he didn't understand it.

It's like Rose West sending you YouTube clips of someone tormenting a cat. 

The amount of media at the President of the United States press conferences ensured that hit all over the main news and current affairs channels. No hiding place if you're President and you drop a clanger.

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

The amount of media at the President of the United States press conferences ensured that hit all over the main news and current affairs channels. No hiding place if you're President and you drop a clanger.

Have said a few times but the president is just a figurehead by and large. They have the final say but the most important thing is that they have experts around them.

Trump made a real estate developer the head of the middle east peace process and an NFL owner his ambassador to Britain.

21 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Have said a few times but the president is just a figurehead by and large. They have the final say but the most important thing is that they have experts around them.

Trump made a real estate developer the head of the middle east peace process and an NFL owner his ambassador to Britain.

From my limited knowledge of America Biden seems to be doing well domestically,  although both him and Harris both have an unnerving habit of fucking up press conferences.

The problem is any slip up by a politician on either side in America will be magnified and then ridiculed. 

Here's Harris on the border of South/North Korea.

58 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Isn't a lot of this just Republican gobshites sharing anything they can find? 

They made entire films about the dumb shit George W used to say and do, and he was in his early 50s. Reagan too, absolute window licker of Joe Cole proportions. 

It genuinely astonishes me the ability of Trump supporters to lob shitballs when their own man suggested injecting bleach to cure Covid, randomly hiss at people and respond to most questions with a thumbs up because he didn't understand it.

It's like Rose West sending you YouTube clips of someone tormenting a cat. 

You make some good points but that is a man who is definitely suffering dementia

59 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

From my limited knowledge of America Biden seems to be doing well domestically,  although both him and Harris both have an unnerving habit of fucking up press conferences.

The problem is any slip up by a politician on either side in America will be magnified and then ridiculed. 

Here's Harris on the border of South/North Korea.

She continues to back up my point that she is as thick as pigshit. Hopefully Biden stays good for the rest of his term and the Dems have a better candidate to out forward than Harris. 

23 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Every now and then I think about the time Jon Sopel called out to him and stated he was from the BBC, and Biden answered "The BBC? I'm Irish."

I still don't understand what he was trying to say. 

I vaguely remember that. I think Bidens comment was a rebuff to Johnsons tory party. At the time Johnson and his goons were fucking up the peace deal.  I think the commentator asked about Johnson and the special relationship, then explained he was from the BBC.  I think Bidens quip was a hint to the UK government not to play politics with Ireland.

I might be wrong but that's how I remember it 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I vaguely remember that. I think Bidens comment was a rebuff to Johnsons tory party. At the time Johnson and his goons were fucking up the peace deal.  I think the commentator asked about Johnson and the special relationship, then explained he was from the BBC.  I think Bidens quip was a hint to the UK government not to play politics with Ireland.

Think you're spot on there. That's how I recall it 

1 hour ago, Gnasher said:

That's a fair assessment, makes sense. I just thought he was a bit senile and crowbarring his supposed Irishness into a bizarre moment.

Was reading a thing the other day about the number of Americans who identify as Irish, and why Presidents invoke that identity. Very interesting.

6 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

That's a fair assessment, makes sense. I just thought he was a bit senile and crowbarring his supposed Irishness into a bizarre moment.

Was reading a thing the other day about the number of Americans who identify as Irish, and why Presidents invoke that identity. Very interesting.

I remember thinking at the time it was a smart little rebuff by Biden. It showed that this so called special relationship narrative pushed by both the BBC and British government is insignificant when compared to peace in Ireland.

His throwaway quip put both the bbc interviewer and Boris Johnson on their arse.

11 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

I remember thinking at the time it was a smart little rebuff by Biden. It showed that this so called special relationship narrative pushed by both the BBC and British government is insignificant when compared to peace in Ireland.

His throwaway quip put both the bbc interviewer and Boris Johnson on their arse.

Yeah, upholding the Good Friday agreement is one of the few truly bipartisan issues in American politics. 

• 1 month later...