You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Christmas 2020 Donations (Closing date for donations 13.12.20)

VladimirIlyich

2 hours ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

I missed this, where is the money going and is it too late to add?

I set a deadline of the weekend but I’m not going to turn a latecomer down. 
It’s a bit arse end first...doing a collection before having chosen the cause but it’s becoming a bit of a tradition to run a collection to donate to a charity/charities working with people over the Christmas period. We previously donated to The Whitechapel Centre, who work with homeless people in Liverpool.

This year I think there’s a consensus to split the pot 3 ways, to give to Fans Supporting Foodbanks, a homeless charity (The Whitechapel Centre again?) and another yet to be decided.

In writing this it got me thinking whether there might be support for donating to a local mental health charity as Christmas and the New Year can be difficult for so many people with mental health issues.

Oh and if you’d like to get on board message me and I can provide account details

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Champ said:

I set a deadline of the weekend but I’m not going to turn a latecomer down. 
It’s a bit arse end first...doing a collection before having chosen the cause but it’s becoming a bit of a tradition to run a collection to donate to a charity/charities working with people over the Christmas period. We previously donated to The Whitechapel Centre, who work with homeless people in Liverpool.

This year I think there’s a consensus to split the pot 3 ways, to give to Fans Supporting Foodbanks, a homeless charity (The Whitechapel Centre again?) and another yet to be decided.

In writing this it got me thinking whether there might be support for donating to a local mental health charity as Christmas and the New Year can be difficult for so many people with mental health issues.

Oh and if you’d like to get on board message me and I can provide account details

Can you pm me account details and I'll contribute.

Right, time’s running short to get money out for Christmas Aid so I’m going to divide the collection 3 ways and get a third off to Fans Supporting Foodbanks just now and consider the remaining two thirds after that. 
Or do I just send it all to them?

Or something in Ged’s memory?

56 minutes ago, Anubis said:

What they said.

Ahaaaa, the very man himself...

...can you/anyone else suggest a local mental health and a local children and/or young peoples charity we could provide a bit of extra support to with our collection?

@Champ If the third charity hasn't been decided yet, I'd like to suggest Robslappa'a charity Love Jasmine. If you were around at the time, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of how Robslappa came to set this charity up.

If you weren't around.

https://www.lovejasmine.org.uk/

It may seem a little bit selfish but I'd prefer all the money went to charities in this city. After all, it's the place that's brought us all together.

• Upvote 6

3 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

@Champ If the third charity hasn't been decided yet, I'd like to suggest Robslappa'a charity Love Jasmine. If you were around at the time, I'm sure I don't need to remind you of how Robslappa came to set this charity up.

If you weren't around.

It may seem a little bit selfish but I'd prefer all the money went to charities in this city. After all, it's the place that's brought us all together.

I'm really skint and will be until payday but will donate to this charity when I have some money. The story really touched me, great shout. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

If you weren't around.

That’s a great idea. 

• Upvote 1

• dave u unpinned this topic