You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

US Election 2020 Thread

Bjornebye

Trump doesn't want to play 'president' anymore. Even if he got the job back, he wouldn't really want it.

I'm convinced that all of this potential for destruction and chaos is merely an attempt to bargain for the best deal possible for him and his family to escape.

His whole life is making deals and every relationship being 'transactional'. He's not about to blow everything up out of spite. It's more calculated that that, I think ?

3 minutes ago, Bruce Spanner said:

I call shenanigans on this.

Leaked to Guido to make the ‘tech forward’ junta in number ten look like BTEC design students at a failing academy? 

All very on the nose.

Shenanigans as in it's not real or that somebody stitched him up from the inside with the purpose of making him look like a silly cunt? Sorry, more of a silly cunt. The later might well be a good call. It's definitely real though, I just went and looked at it myself. Daft bollocks. 

4 minutes ago, Numero said:

Shenanigans as in it's not real or that somebody stitched him up from the inside with the purpose of making him look like a silly cunt? Sorry, more of a silly cunt. The later might well be a good call. It's definitely real though, I just went and looked at it myself. Daft bollocks. 

The latter, it's all too easy and pointed.

Knocked up with the intention of it being 'leaked' afterwards and making 'big data Dom' and his cabal of incompetence look, well, incompetent.

Why would you not just erase all and start again?

Maybe I'm just getting more cynical and giving them too much credit.

• Upvote 1

I don't like the look of this now. They have evidence in court cases and even if the cases don't result in them flipping states Trump might not be able to let this go and could refuse to accept he's lost. So no idea what happens at that stage, especially with so many of his supporters believing it was fixed too. I'm trying not to be alarmist but I find this unsettling because even if it's bullshit I get the sense that Trump will believe whatever suits him anyway because the results are so close in several key states.

1 minute ago, Red Phoenix said:

I don't like the look of this now. They have evidence in court cases and even if the cases don't result in them flipping states Trump might not be able to let this go and could refuse to accept he's lost. So no idea what happens at that stage, especially with so many of his supporters believing it was fixed too. I'm trying not to be alarmist but I find this unsettling because even if it's bullshit I get the sense that Trump will believe whatever suits him anyway because the results are so close in several key states.

What evidence? And of what exactly? 

17 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

This is 2016 all over again. Next you'll be telling us about Pizza places and Podesta.

10 minutes ago, skend04 said:

This is 2016 all over again. Next you'll be telling us about Pizza places and Podesta.

Pizza places and Podesta never went to court with several people giving evidence. I'm not saying I believe the cases, I'm saying that I find it unsettling that Trump might not back down even if the cases are lost.

Explain to me how you see Trump backing down at this stage.

25 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The leads in most of the swing States are more than what Trump had in 2016.

As has been said the 2000 election was decided by 500 votes in FL.

And these cases are talking about tens of thousands of ballots. Again I'm not saying the cases are going to be won, but that Trump might use it to justify not giving in. That's why I think there's going to need to be outside pressure. Maybe from state Reps refusing to go along with him.

31 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

What evidence? And of what exactly? 

There's several court cases on the go, if you check the twitter feeds of Trump's sons you'll see links to them.

Just now, Red Phoenix said:

Pizza places and Podesta never went to court with several people giving evidence. I'm not saying I believe the cases, I'm saying that I find it unsettling that Trump might not back down even if the cases are lost.

Isn't there a cutoff point by which the courts must decide one way or the other?

3 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

And these cases are talking about tens of thousands of ballots. Again I'm not saying the cases are going to be won, but that Trump might use it to justify not giving in. That's why I think there's going to need to be outside pressure. Maybe from state Reps refusing to go along with him.

There's several court cases on the go, if you check the twitter feeds of Trump's sons you'll see links to them.

You seriously need to relax mate, it's over. Tick tock and all that.