You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Diogo Jota

1892-LFCWasBorn

3 minutes ago, bossy said:

He scored!

It was a very well taken goal, he’s been an excellent signing.

I think against the better teams, we play better with Bobby as he’s a presser, tackler, drops deep and can hold onto the ball better than Jota, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I think against the better teams, we play better with Bobby as he’s a presser, tackler, drops deep and can hold onto the ball better than Jota, in my opinion.

We lose if today without Jota.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I’d agree with this, but then in the same breath I think we may have lost the game because for a few years Bobby seemed to lose the ability to score 

3 hours ago, Kevin D said:

presumably that's the Bobby who's had two good games in about 100.  He's played well recently, but I have zero confidence in him being able to maintain that form.  He's let us down too often over the last few years.  There's no way I'd have him in the team ahead of Jota at the start of any match we're looking to win.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, stringvest said:

presumably that's the Bobby who's had two good games in about 100.  He's played well recently, but I have zero confidence in him being able to maintain that form.  He's let us down too often over the last few years.  There's no way I'd have him in the team ahead of Jota at the start of any match we're looking to win.

7/10.

Strong on brand criticism, but failed to criticise Henderson and Robertson.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Kevin D said:

7/10.

Strong on brand criticism, but failed to criticise Henderson and Robertson.

I'm hoping people are coming round to see their obvious shortcomings.   Henderson was abysmal again today.  Invisible for most of the match - the antithesis of a captain's performance.  Robertson caught out of position far too easily, and lost too many challenges.  Naive.

is that ok?

18 minutes ago, stringvest said:

I'm hoping people are coming round to see their obvious shortcomings.   Henderson was abysmal again today.  Invisible for most of the match - the antithesis of a captain's performance.  Robertson caught out of position far too easily, and lost too many challenges.  Naive.

is that ok?

8.5/10.

Really will written lunacy, but not the traditional level of venom that we are accustomed to.

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

The absolute balls on Diogo to slot that penalty. Pressure? What pressure? 

It was sudden death to keep us in the game. It had turned pretty quick with Sadio’s miss. Most high pressure moment of the whole day - no problem at all to him. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, El Rojo said:

It was sudden death to keep us in the game. It had turned pretty quick with Sadio’s miss. Most high pressure moment of the whole day - no problem at all to him. 

This definitely adds weight to the argument that your best penalty taker should always be the 6th taker in a shootout. 

• Upvote 1

On 17/05/2022 at 23:47, Lee909 said:

His form the last couple of months is a bit worrying. Really could do with him and Salah finding their finishing boots again 

Yeah. Then we might win something.