You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Online food shopping

Tony Moanero

8 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We still haven't really seen any evidence that an increase in online shopping has resulted in vulnerable people being unable to get shopping. 

Particularly, there's a massive lack of evidence to show that one person placing an order in one area of the country has the knock on effect of making a vulnerable person in another area of the country have to wait longer. 

If vulnerable people rely on online shopping more, is it possible that the delay in delivery times might be because these people have reacted to the virus outbreak en masse and it's their orders that have caused the delay? 

Once we've answered these questions, then we can moan about my ONE order allegedly stopping people getting their food. 

Mate give it up, this really isn’t a difficult concept 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

We still haven't really seen any evidence that an increase in online shopping has resulted in vulnerable people being able to get shopping. 

Particularly, there's a massive lack of evidence to show that one person placing an order in one area of the country has the knock on effect of making a vulnerable person in another area of the country have to wait longer. 

If vulnerable people rely on online shopping more, is it possible that the delay in delivery times might be because these people have reacted to the virus outbreak en masse and it's their orders that have caused the delay? 

Once we've answered these questions, then we can moan about my ONE order allegedly stopping people getting their food. 

There you go again, you want analysis. No thought whatsoever of commonsense and decency. No thought that people might be going without. You want facts, figures and evidence.

You are even suggesting there is a lack of slots due to it being the vulnerable themselves that are taking them. No thought of the vulnerable, ie millions of pensioners, that did their own shopping up to this crisis.

Then the self justification, its only ONE order.

You are truly fucked up

7 minutes ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

In many ways, vulnerable people placing online orders are to blame.

Yes they are but there are plenty that are not vulnerable taking the slots. I know Nelly will pipe up at this point with "show me a spreadsheet" but its true. There are also loads of isolated pensioners, without the internet, that used to shop daily to be able to carry stuff home and give themselves something to do. The best way to help them is to shop online for them.

If anything, I think I'm being remarkably considerate of others. We're in unprecedented times. I could be an asymptomatic carrier of coronavirus. By going to the shop, there's a chance I could pass the virus on to somebody who lives with a highly vulnerable person. They could then catch it and be in all sort of peril. We just don't know who has the virus or not.

I'm happy to do my bit though to ensure that I reduce the risk of me passing the virus (I could have it, we just don't know!) on to people by limiting the amount of people I come into contact with. And shopping online will help me to do this. 

2 minutes ago, A Red said:

Yes they are but there are plenty that are not vulnerable taking the slots. I know Nelly will pipe up at this point with "show me a spreadsheet" but its true. There are also loads of isolated pensioners, without the internet, that used to shop daily to be able to carry stuff home and give themselves something to do. The best way to help them is to shop online for them.

I require evidence for every unsubstantiated claim. Be it to do with online grocery shopping or not. That's just the way it ASDA be. 

I require evidence for every unsubstantiated claim. Be it to do with online grocery shopping or not. That's just the way it ASDA be. 

You have a good sense of humour, i'll give you that. Its not stopping you looking like a complete nasty cunt though

10 minutes ago, A Red said:

There you go again, you want analysis. No thought whatsoever of commonsense and decency. No thought that people might be going without. You want facts, figures and evidence.

You are even suggesting there is a lack of slots due to it being the vulnerable themselves that are taking them. No thought of the vulnerable, ie millions of pensioners, that did their own shopping up to this crisis.

Then the self justification, its only ONE order.

You are truly fucked up

I'm not fucked up. I just think you're making a mountain out of a molehill. 

4 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

If anything, I think I'm being remarkably considerate of others. We're in unprecedented times. I could be an asymptomatic carrier of coronavirus. By going to the shop, there's a chance I could pass the virus on to somebody who lives with a highly vulnerable person. They could then catch it and be in all sort of peril. We just don't know who has the virus or not.

I'm happy to do my bit though to ensure that I reduce the risk of me passing the virus (I could have it, we just don't know!) on to people by limiting the amount of people I come into contact with. And shopping online will help me to do this. 

No doubt you do. 

6 minutes ago, A Red said:

Nope you're fucked up and devoid of decency

That's your opinion. I think it's fucked up that you're happy to put not just me, but others, at the risk of potential death based on a hunch that you've got. 

Are you going to tell people's children, parents, siblings that they had to die for the greater good of Mabel getting her shopping on Wednesday morning, rather than midday Wednesday? 

That's your opinion. I think it's fucked up that you're happy to put not just me, but others, at the risk of potential death based on a hunch that you've got. 

Are you going to tell people's children, parents, siblings that they had to die for the greater good of Mabel getting her shopping at midday Wednesday, rather than Wednesday morning? 

You just cant help yourself can you?

Do you actually think that doing a vulnerable persons shopping or doing your own shopping in store to enable the ability for them to have online delivery slots is a selfish thing to do? 

As expected. You like to fire off the questions but won't answer questions put to you. I've noticed that. A lot. I think you might be a bit of a bully and egomaniac. 

The answer to your question was no.

You're back to being childish now. 

23 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Back to being 12? Or Bi-polar? 

Because that's really mature, isn't it. You're a massive fucking hypocrite too. You come across as a really nasty piece of work. 

Lets end it there, I'm sure everyone is pissed off with me and you slanging shit