You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'd fuck this club off instantly if it was bought by the butcher of Yemen. Geordies should be ashamed of their reaction, hero worshipping putting on masks and dressing up. That True Geordie lad had a reaction video of himself crying when Logan Paul filmed the body of a young lad hanging from a tree now he's dancing because a man who ordered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist because he didn't like what his opinions where has bought his football team and will give them some of his blood money. A nation state that beheads gay people, tortures women or anybody they believe to of crossed a line, it isn't guilt by association its the ruler the rule maker of Saudi that's bought Newcastle. He can murder and torture purely because of his status. Its fuck all to do with Newcastle getting rich owners but who these owners are, it's not cryarsing about more competition or even the destruction of competitiveness there was a thread when Jamal Khashoggi was lured to an embassy  murdered and chopped into tiny bits while his girlfriend sat outside on here and the sentiment was the same whether hes bought a club now or not. The Premier league are a disgrace any journalists, pundits or footballers waxing lyrical about this and dare mentioning any kind of social causes or injustices need shooting down.

Spot on this. There just some lines you dont cross. I know it's unpopular with some but you got to have some principles about unpalatable stuff.

Ive seen Newcastle fans going on about 'we've done it.' Being genuous that could mean getting rid of Ashley rather than becoming the latest oil nation state run club. They've done fuck all about getting rid of Ashley and if welcoming one of the most abhorent regimes in the world as owners of their club instead of Ashley means that much to them, Im genuinely speechless.

Ive only seen two journo really go at this story, Ian Herbert and Oliver Brown. You can bet your bottom dollar BBC, Sky and other hacks will all turn a blind eye to the Saudis.

Tory twats :

The UK government is refusing to reveal what it told the Premier League about the Saudi-backed takeover of Newcastle United because it could "harm" relations with Saudi Arabia.

The government says it did not get involved in the deal, which has been criticised by human rights activists.

But the Foreign Office is known to have held meetings with the Premier League to discuss it.

The BBC asked for details of these meetings under Freedom of Information.

The Foreign Office responded with a redacted copy of the agenda for one meeting, which took place on 14 May 2020, and a redacted copy of the minutes of another meeting on 10 June 2020.

However, it declined to provide further details requested by the BBC, including a list of attendees and the full minutes.

Labour MP for Newcastle-Upon-Tyne Central, Chi Onwurah, who has been critical of the way the Premier League handles takeovers, said: "The lack of transparency and accountability by the Premier League and government is a sign of broken football governance."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-58840820

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'd fuck this club off instantly if it was bought by the butcher of Yemen. Geordies should be ashamed of their reaction, hero worshipping putting on masks and dressing up. That True Geordie lad had a reaction video of himself crying when Logan Paul filmed the body of a young lad hanging from a tree now he's dancing because a man who ordered the murder and dismemberment of a journalist because he didn't like what his opinions where has bought his football team and will give them some of his blood money. A nation state that beheads gay people, tortures women or anybody they believe to of crossed a line, it isn't guilt by association its the ruler the rule maker of Saudi that's bought Newcastle. He can murder and torture purely because of his status. Its fuck all to do with Newcastle getting rich owners but who these owners are, it's not cryarsing about more competition or even the destruction of competitiveness there was a thread when Jamal Khashoggi was lured to an embassy  murdered and chopped into tiny bits while his girlfriend sat outside on here and the sentiment was the same whether hes bought a club now or not. The Premier league are a disgrace any journalists, pundits or footballers waxing lyrical about this and dare mentioning any kind of social causes or injustices need shooting down.

Brilliant  Bobby

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSD9aTRXIyezPurKHnyGhT

“Fifteen schoolgirls were forced to burn alive because they weren't wearing the proper clothing. Am I outraged? No, Steve. No Chris. No, Mark. That is Saudi Arabia, our owners. Now go out, crack open a Newkie Brown, and buy Salah.”

3 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Newcastle United could spend up to £190m in January without breaking Financial Fair Play rules, with Tottenham and England striker Harry Kane, 28, and France forward Kylian Mbappe, 22, "within reach".

That would be them done for the next three years though barring a few minor moves.

(dodgy sponsorships appearing from nowhere aside).

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

Hopefully every club raises its game against them (like most do against us) and sends them down.

They are dogshite - won't need much game raising against them, they are in a relegation dogfight and for my money will drop.

Sadly they will then just go out and spend the money required to get straight back up, but at least they'll be set back a year by having to do so.

22 minutes ago, an tha said:

They are dogshite - won't need much game raising against them, they are in a relegation dogfight and for my money will drop.

Sadly they will then just go out and spend the money required to get straight back up, but at least they'll be set back a year by having to do so.

I hope you are right mate, but I think they’ll just buy their way out of the bottom 3 in January. None of their competitors at that end of the table can either afford or attract any players. If they pay enough, they’ll get out of it 

25 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Onwurah is fully behind this Saudi take over. She was bleating the Premier League were holding up the buy out sometime ago. To suggest she's against it is nonesense.

Thanks didn't know that. Classic BBC reporting I guess, even if it was at least good to read about the other part before it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

I hope you are right mate, but I think they’ll just buy their way out of the bottom 3 in January. None of their competitors at that end of the table can either afford or attract any players. If they pay enough, they’ll get out of it 

Maybe yeah although I can't see anyone any cop who would go there in Jan - unless of course they offer stupid wages.

Really hope they drop though.

Shame on any player that plays for a boss who also uses their wealth to murder and dismember anybody who says something they don't like.  If John Henry paid for an assassin to kill somebody he'd go prison  if he done the same and got away with it because he is rich everybody would say what the fuck is wrong with this. Can you imagine if we found out a western politician ordered the murder and dismemberment of Jon Snow because he contradicted government opinion. No one is arsed because the Saudis aren't killing and torturing white people they are just killing more of their own be they gay, women or anybody who dares question power.

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Captain Turdseye said:

I totally agree. You’ve put it better than I could. 

To be fair, there is a fair bit of dissent on the Newcastle forums, but it’s tempered by the fact that they’ve just gotten rid of their worst ever owner. 

Difficult thing to level for them. 

A moral dilemma without a doubt,and I'm sure if the same situation arose in our club there would be hard choices to make.thankfully we ain't in that position