You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Coronavirus

Bjornebye

The Oklahoma Attorney General’s Office has been tasked with attempting to return a $2 million stockpile of a malaria drug once touted by former President Donald Trump as a way to treat the coronavirus.

In April, Gov. Kevin Stitt, who ordered the hydroxychloroquine purchase, defended it by saying that while it may not be a useful treatment for the coronavirus, the drug had multiple other uses and “that money will not have gone to waste in any respect.”

But nearly a year later the state is trying to offload the drug back to its original supplier, California-based FFF Enterprises, Inc, a private pharmaceutical wholesaler.

Erm k. 

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Study just released saying approx 1 in 3 police officers have had a suspected covid carrier threatening to use the virus as a weapon by coughing on or spitting at an officer. 

I think it was 1 in 3. Only heard it in the background. We've got some right knobheads in this country. 

This virus has highlighted the separation between the truly vile and the decent humanitarians for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

The hand, just beyond the wrist.   

Are you free for an hour later? 

All done and sent off. Had to prick two fingers as one didn't produce enough blood. I'd rubbed my hands to warm them up as per the instructions but hardly any bloody came out so I ran my hand under the hot tap, dried it then pricked a different finger and the vial filled up in no time. It will be interesting to see what they say. 

tumblr_m8kc85r1l51qcndoio1_250.gifv

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Brownie said:

Looking at that Zoe app and the cases in several regions seem to have started to plateau after the big drop from lockdown; what’s that all about?

There was hardly any drop at all in my region (North East).

6CF4E36E-065F-4528-8D06-81268D9990BE.png

Hard to make any sense of why it lockdown has had little impact in many areas, but in other areas we have seen massive reductions. Even harder to explain why the drop off would cease.

Just now, Nelly-Torres said:

Germany will not be granting approval for the AstraZeneca vaccine to be used on over 65s. They say that there's insufficient evidence of it's effectiveness and will only be using it on people aged up to 64.

Beatles song in there somewhere. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Germany will not be granting approval for the AstraZeneca vaccine to be used on over 65s. They say that there's insufficient evidence of it's effectiveness and will only be using it on people aged up to 64.

Interesting. Tim Spector was tweeting about how results so far were showing it was more efficacious then the Pfizer one.

4 hours ago, Brownie said:

Looking at that Zoe app and the cases in several regions seem to have started to plateau after the big drop from lockdown; what’s that all about?

There was hardly any drop at all in my region (North East).

6CF4E36E-065F-4528-8D06-81268D9990BE.png

This might explain it

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Could be true, or it could just be part of their spat with AstraZeneca. Seems convenient timing.

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Are you free for an hour later? 

All done and sent off. Had to prick two fingers as one didn't produce enough blood. I'd rubbed my hands to warm them up as per the instructions but hardly any bloody came out so I ran my hand under the hot tap, dried it then pricked a different finger and the vial filled up in no time. It will be interesting to see what they say. 

tumblr_m8kc85r1l51qcndoio1_250.gifv

Did you realise, Sir, that you have a galloping case of bad aids?

Would be my guess

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, mattyq said:

Did you realise, Sir, that you have a galloping case of bad aids?

Would be my guess

Yeah hence my riddled Tom Hanks gif. Don't try and hijack my 'Stigs got the Bad Aids' joke Matty you fucking watering can. 

Hope you're holding up well bro 

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

My mam, who is 74, had the Astra Zeneca jab on Tuesday, so hoping the Germans are just being ultra cautious on this.

Yeah I don't think it's because they think it's harmful, more that they don't think it works as well in that age group. Hard to tell though as there seems to be shenanigans afoot around supply and demand. 

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Study just released saying approx 1 in 3 police officers have had a suspected covid carrier threatening to use the virus as a weapon by coughing on or spitting at an officer. 

I think it was 1 in 3. Only heard it in the background. We've got some right knobheads in this country. 

Yet bizzies aren’t seen as priority to vaccinate as front line workers

3 hours ago, Nelly-Torres said:

Surely there must be more research on this now?

How many people in this country have had the AstraZeneca vaccine?