Quantcast
Salzburg (A) Champions League - 17:55 - Page 19 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bjornebye

Salzburg (A) Champions League - 17:55

Just now, A_S said:

So finishing top of the group means avoiding all of Juventus, Manchester City, Barcelona, PSG and Bayern in the round of 16. 

Nice. 

Getting to play the Second leg at home is nice too. 

4 minutes ago, A_S said:

So finishing top of the group means avoiding all of Juventus, Manchester City, Barcelona, PSG and Bayern in the round of 16. 

Nice. 

Nope, it means they've avoided us

• Like 1
  • Upvote 29

5 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Both Madrid’s are poshibilitees 

it’s just a case of who you’d like to twat more.

I’d go Real, personally. I think we’d make a mess of them over two legs. AM are a bit of a shambles, but dangerous even if they don’t have a decent back line anymore.

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I can't stop looking at that 

I WhatsApp that to the group when we win, they hate it. 

1 minute ago, Butch said:

I WhatsApp that to the group when we win, they hate it. 

Its that or your bollocks mate. 

I was just commenting on Facebook about how that was a tricky hurdle against a really good team, the best team we've faced this season. A manc mate jumped in and said they are shite apart from Haarland. I said if Utd draw them in the Europa they are going out. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, manwiththestick said:

I was just commenting on Facebook about how that was a tricky hurdle against a really good team, the best team we've faced this season. A manc mate jumped in and said they are shite apart from Haarland. I said if Utd draw them in the Europa they are going out. 

You're Manc mate is incorrect. Hwanng and the excellent Minamino were way more threatening that Haaland. They are a very good side and would sweep Man U aside. The best contest Haaland had was with a water bottle and I can't swear that Haaland won it. 

In any case I hope Man U get Saltzburg in the Europa League so your friend's theory can be put to the test. 

1 hour ago, Nelly-Torres said:

And a rendition of "Oh Jeremy Corbyn" from the travelling Kop. 

I mentioned this on Facebook and someone replied

"For the Mané, not the few."

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best performance of the season. Not only was it a dominant display in a high pressure game, we also mentally broke this young, hungry, aggressive side. They wanted off the pitch with 25 minutes to go.

36 wins in the last 41 games is obscene stuff. I used to cheat a lot on Championship Manager and never got close to those numbers.

• Upvote 12

A good game that. Salzburg don't half commit numbers forward when they attack, which they do at pace. It leaves them vulnerable at the back, but at least they are prepared to have a go. I've got a lot more time for teams like that. They have a few players who would be a good fit in our squad, if not the first XI.

That said, we could have got close to double figures if our finishing was up to standard. And that means you, Mo! He could have had 2 hat-tricks for the number of great chances he had, and it took the most difficult chance to actually find the net. Out wide, down by the touchline, at pace and on his right foot. That was a fantastic goal but all his other attempts at goal were shite - either powderpuff or wayward.

Naby played really well again, against one of his old clubs in the box-to-box role. He deserved his goal, and he showed much more of what he is capable of. Hendo was excellent with the give-and-gos and was instrumental in getting us on the front foot quickly in transition. Gini was more understated but again played an important role.

Sadio and Bobby did OK but didn't quite have the killer edge at the decisive moment. Bobby more than anyone needs to start finding the net again soon.

Hopefully Degsy is OK, but it's a concern that he's had to be replaced for the second game in succession. Even though Klopp has shown how he can cope when we have injuries, we need to make sure we don't get too depleted over the next month. Momentum is everything.

Salzburg were very good in the first half but we gained control with those two quickfire goals in the second half. After that, we didn't bust a gut to add to the scoresheet but still created a number of very good opportunities to bury the Austrians. If Salzburg can play with that sort of purpose in the Europa League, they might get to the semis again like they did a couple of years ago.

Incidentally, this is the first time we've managed to reach the CL knockout stage after finishing runners-up in the PL the previous season. On all the other occasions, we'd taken a step back and fallen into the Europa as well as turning to shite in the league. This lot are made of sterner stuff.

We can now put Europe on the back-burner until February and focus on more pressing matters.

• Upvote 3

I was genuinely worried about tonight, as thought there was a chance we would come unstuck. It’s almost like I forgot the last 12 months. What a twat, we are relentless.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, sir roger said:

It's the Ox isn't it ? or am I being whooshed.

He did hug Ox straight after but that angle doesn’t look like him!

3 hours ago, Caramac said:

r8TZ9Ip.gif

Fake news goal. Couldn’t have happened from that angle, as anybody with a passing interest in physics knows. Shot in a studio by Stanley Kubrick. 

• Upvote 1