You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What Printer ?????????????

Need advice on what would be the best printer to suit my needs. 

I currently have a epson xp-322 and I'm at that stage again where I'll need to change it because the nozzles are blocked/fucked. I've tried to fix it be selecting a nozzle clean but it just wont do the trick. I think one of the problems is I hardly do any printing. I can go a couple of months or more without the need to print and I suspect this is why the nozzles are blocking. When I do use it, it's mainly just for text documents or E tickets which are usually just black.

So when I take the plunge again, what should I be looking to buy ????????????

I have a printer that I use quite a lot and over the years I have done lots of printing for my work. So it has to be a reliable printer that I buy that can have cartridges purchased easily and relatively cheaply. I once purchased an Epson and it lasted about three months from brand new. I'm pretty sure they have technology that detects non-genuine cartridges and it causes the printer to degrade quickly. I would personally never buy an Epson again.

I have mainly had the most success with Brother printers - the model I have right now is the JCP-J562DW. I have done loads of printing, the cartridges are reasonably priced and I have had it two years and still it is waiting for more work to do. It only gets 3/5 on techadvisor's website so you may want to check out their reviews of printers as there may be superior ones now that are more suitable for your needs. The most important thing to bear in mind is the cost of ink and if you are happy to use non-genuine inks the costs do reduce significantly.

https://www.techadvisor.co.uk/review/printers/

Epson defo do know when your not using their ink as I've had on screen messages telling me each time I replace a cartridge. So it wouldn't surprise me if as you allude to, they've got their machines set up to fail much quicker then they usually would.

I'm averaging about 3 years from a printer which may seem a lot, but it's not when it's offset against the actual use.

Just looking elsewhere and it seems that I may need to go for a laser rather than an inkjet so opted for this.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=A+Grade+DCP1612W+Monochrome+All-in-One+Wireless+Laser+Printer&source=lnms&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiMxae078PjAhVFTBUIHaPJAhgQ_AUIESgB&biw=1366&bih=625#spd=4131342624295027701