You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Russians can fuck off,.

Anny Road

3 minutes ago, General Dryness said:

We demand anecdotes. 

Went to Egypt and as soon as we got to the hotel we were told to make it clear to the staff that we are English and not Russian and they will look after us. They were absolutely right. The Russians don't tip, don't say please or thank you, don't have any concept of anyone sees personal space and are just generally rude, ignorant and arrogant.

They push in at breakfast and snarls anyone who says anything. I was filling my plate up with some cold meats one morning and one of the women pretty much barged me out of the way and started picking stuff up with her hands, smothering the pieces she just left there despite there being tongs for each tray. I recognised her as being with some big Zangief looking fucker plus I was hungover so I just walked off fuming. 

I was told that the reason they are like that is they are classed as Russian middle/upper class as 95% of the country can't afford to leave the place on a holiday so they think they are fucking royalty. 

For the duration of the holiday there was about 30% Russians so it was just about tolerable to be fair but I remember on the last day a group of about 10/12 brits were checking in just as a coach load of Russians turned up. They instantly looked and acted like bigger cunts than the ones I had to endure, they were pushing in at the desk and complaining about having to wait to check in. I just looked at the brits who had just arrived and felt like hugging them. I thought about them all the way home on the plane with a sort of frown you get when watching an NSPCC advert on a hangover. 

• Upvote 1

Only ever met sound Russians abroad. Admittedly I have only ever spoken to Russians on holiday once, but they were sound. They invited us round to theirs to do some bongs. This seemed like a fantastic idea at the time, mainly because we had been drinking for about seven hours. One of them then informed us she was a police officer. We were in Greece, so presumably it was slightly out of her jurisdiction. The following morning we joined forces with them in a war against the French re nabbing the seats next to the pool.

8/10. Good eggs. 

8 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Only ever met sound Russians abroad. Admittedly I have only ever spoken to Russians on holiday once, but they were sound. They invited us round to theirs to do some bongs. This seemed like a fantastic idea at the time, mainly because we had been drinking for about seven hours. One of them then informed us she was a police officer. We were in Greece, so presumably it was slightly out of her jurisdiction. The following morning we joined forces with them in a war against the French re nabbing the seats next to the pool.

8/10. Good eggs. 

Fuckin commie.

• 5 months later...

Four Russia-based nuclear monitoring stations that monitor radioactive particles in the atmosphere have mysteriously gone quiet after an August 8 explosion at a Russian missile testing facility, an explosion that has sparked confusion and concerns about possible increases in radiation levels, according to the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization.

Doing what they can to help make Greenland better value.