You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man City - the new bitters?

Naz17

2 hours ago, No2 said:

There are 3 categories of fans, those that want us to win, those that don't want us to win and those that want City to win. The final category has City fans plus about 50 people. A victory for City is like nobody wins, most can tolerate that.

He craves the adulation/respect he had at Barcelona, he no doubt works his bollox off playing a game 99% of teams can't get near and no one gives a fuck. When they win the league they will have the back pages on Monday, by Tuesday its moved on to CL final build up. That will do his fucking nut in.

I swear some of the shit he's been coming out lately with is straight off of blue moon. 

"They've got the best goalkeeper, best second goalkeeper, best centre back, best midfielder, best attackers but they're still second" etc

And the shit about us only winning one prem. I'm sure there's a few more. 

He's using some of moyeseys old Everton tactics like "one of us us is worth 20 of them" and "class and dignity"  trying desperately to keep the man City fans on side. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

There are 3 categories of fans, those that want us to win, those that don't want us to win and those that want City to win. The final category has City fans plus about 50 people. A victory for City is like nobody wins, most can tolerate that.

He craves the adulation/respect he had at Barcelona, he no doubt works his bollox off playing a game 99% of teams can't get near and no one gives a fuck. When they win the league they will have the back pages on Monday, by Tuesday its moved on to CL final build up. That will do his fucking nut in.

I swear some of the shit he's been coming out lately with is straight off of blue moon. 

"They've got the best goalkeeper, best second goalkeeper, best centre back, best midfielder, best attackers but they're still second" etc

He's using some of moyeseys old Everton tactics like "one of us us is worth 20 of them" and "class and dignity"  trying desperately to keep the man City fans on side. 

2 hours ago, No2 said:

Klopp's interview just there, and his class just pisses all over Guardiola.

Saying they've all said things in the heat of the moment, that Pep is right..we have only won one PL, wishes he didn't say about Spurs only being in 5th, etc.

Then took a sip from his "The Normal One" mug!

We are absolutely blessed to have him.

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Lario said:

Saying they've all said things in the heat of the moment, that Pep is right..we have only won one PL, wishes he didn't say about Spurs only being in 5th, etc.

Was also gracious of him not to point out the key difference being we’d actually just played Spurs and he otherwise wouldn’t mention them, whereas the weird little socially-retarded mekon can’t shut the fuck up about us, irrespective of the fixture calendar.

1 hour ago, Lario said:

Klopp clearly buzzes off him. The way he’s grinning here reminds me of Harry and Lloyd pissing themselves waiting for Gas Man to eat the extra extra hot chillies they’ve hidden in his burger in Dumb & Dumber.

• Upvote 1

On 05/05/2022 at 19:23, Section_31 said:

There is definitely a belong. One of the things which makes football great is the proud tradition of great clubs, their former managers, their great players and the nights in their grounds which have contributed to the wider game as a whole.

I take your point about being glad other sides can get there eventually, but your club earns its rep over time. 

I remember in the 90s and Lazio pioneered this galacticos bollocks, but I still never considered them anywhere near Milan, who were pretty shit for a while, I'm sure they were finishing about 10th at one point.

When arsenal won the double I didn't begrudge them as I consider them a proper club, with history.

The culture of a club and a fanbase has to mature naturally, there are no shortcuts.

Chelsea have been doing this for 20 years and they're still not considered amidst the top tier like us, Ajax, Inter etc. Because it wasn't hard won. It means nothing.

I like how we've basically agreed with each other in the most oppositional way we could. 

Anyway, despite our alignment here, I just wanted to say I now deeply resent everything you stand for. 

Turdseye will shortly be in touch to discuss next steps.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aventus said:

It's really admirable the way Klopp brushes it all aside. You just can't fake that.

But Guardiola is getting pretty close to needing someone to slap him back. He presides over the most graceless successful team I can remember - the way, for example, they refused to go through with their guard of honour for us as champions, the way they uploaded videos of them singing songs mocking their rivals: it's truly shameful stuff. He condones all of that and then he has the nerve to complain about lack of respect! The media found it terribly easy to go after Benitez and Dalglish (in the latter's case actually physically barring him from walking out while they were trying to attack him), but no doubt they'll suck it all up when Guardiola basically questions their integrity. He's a deeply unbalanced, entitled little creep.

• Upvote 3

The Mirror appears to be written by Pep Guardiola today. 

It says: "Pep Guardiola delivers brutal Man Utd putdown to reporter after Brighton humiliation" - so him accusing a reporter of being a Liverpool fan, and then, after discovering he's a Utd fan, saying 'sorry,' is 'a brutal put down'? Sign this guy up to work at Number Ten!

The article also declares: "Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola cut a much more relaxed figure" while he was accusing the world of supporting LFC and hating him!

People get PAID for this shite! 

He’s a strange brew of unbecoming arrogance and obvious insecurity. His little digs this week are almost pathetic as his shit eating grin when making them and the sweatshirt he’s wearing that’s more appropriate for a man about 30 years the junior of Guardiola.

He envies Klopp. He knows that Klopp’s successes come without an asterisk next to them. That they were achieved by grit and desire, minus the big chunk of having pretty much everything handed on a plate to you which taint Guardiola’s successes. He knows that City will never truly be seen as a proper club and everything they’ve “achieved” is all a bit artificial. 

Saying that, we’d probably be saying less of this sort of thing if he was still cheating the other Mancs out of titles rather than doing it to us…

8 hours ago, No2 said:

There are an inordinate amount of Leeds supporters who love watching citeh win, especially at our expense. Another reason I hope Leeds go down and crawl back under their stone. Cunts. 

34 minutes ago, Pete said:

Paper talk (I know) has the Haaland signing at around £200m (!!!).

How does Pep do it? 

Won't be sold as that though.

They had an agreement with BD when he went there that he was allowed to leave for 65m after two years, which guarenteed him being there for two years and then moving on, everybody was fine with this as BD get a player that would reasonably be out of their range and he gets two years development at the top level before his next move.

The kicker is that because of the 'low' agreed exit fee he and his people can inflate other revenue streams.

I'm not sure on the numbers, but I think Riola and his dad got a 30m 'facilitation' fee each and Haarland picks up an extrodinary signing on fee in the tens of millions and obscene wages paid in achievable bonuses.

So it will be sold as a 65m bargain, but it is anything but.

This is probably the new blueprint for transfers so agents and snakes take more money out of transfers.