You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Transgender stuff - what's going on?

Gym Beglin

5 minutes ago, Josef Svejk said:

I'm just trying to catch up on the thread here and still a bit lost. 

So, we've established that Numero used to be a man and Rico used to be a woman and now they're some sort of crossover couple having a public tiff?

I heard one fucking Shania Twain song and it changed my life. 

3 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

That’s correct.  The figures are being skewed as an offenders sex is recorded as the one they identify as, rather than they actually are. 

Seems a rather pointless endeavour, pointing that out though? It's vague and tells us nothing about transgender people. But the implication links transgender issues to child abuse in a weird way that probably isn't helpful. 

Child abuse is a problem, sure the gender identity of the abuser alone isn't the issue?

52 minutes ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

Seems a rather pointless endeavour, pointing that out though? It's vague and tells us nothing about transgender people. But the implication links transgender issues to child abuse in a weird way that probably isn't helpful. 

Child abuse is a problem, sure the gender identity of the abuser alone isn't the issue?

You think so?  The vast majority of offenders are men, I think it’s over 95%. The services around the offending are therefore primarily based in mens prisons.  So the ‘women’ don’t have to take part in those services.   

It’s not just child abuse.  Women’s prisons could be forced to take on violent sex offenders if self ID is ever implemented.  They aren’t set up to deal with that.  They also contain the most vulnerable women in society, lots of whom have been the victims of sexual violence. Why should they face an increased risk of rape? If trans women aren’t safe in men’s prisons make men’s prisons safer. Don’t make women’s prisons riskier. 

Edit: if the assumption is that TW offend in the same patterns as women, then the burden of proof is on them.  

16 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

You think so?  The vast majority of offenders are men, I think it’s over 95%. The services around the offending are therefore primarily based in mens prisons.  So the ‘women’ don’t have to take part in those services.   

It’s not just child abuse.  Women’s prisons could be forced to take on violent sex offenders if self ID is ever implemented.  They aren’t set up to deal with that.  They also contain the most vulnerable women in society, lots of whom have been the victims of sexual violence. Why should they face an increased risk of rape? If trans women aren’t safe in men’s prisons make men’s prisons safer. Don’t make women’s prisons riskier. 

Edit: if the assumption is that TW offend in the same patterns as women, then the burden of proof is on them.  

Fair enough, I see where you're coming from. Maybe connect the dots for me next time, yea?

I heard one fucking Shania Twain song and it changed my life. 

I had about a million wanks over her when that Don't Impress Me Much video was on The Box constantly. If she came out and said she's been a man all along, would that make me gay? 

17 minutes ago, easytoslip said:

Our kid gave me a jacket that didn't fit him, it's sound apart from that it zips up the girls way, the fleeces he gets from work are the same. 

The hassle I have trying to zip it up, stupid fuckin' cunts, what are they trying prove and what's the point? 

Sick of the shit 

I got a running jacket from the LFC online shop. Zips up the girls way, says men's on the label. Weird.

1 hour ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

I got a running jacket from the LFC online shop. Zips up the girls way, says men's on the label. Weird.

It's awkward as fuck after all these years, ridiculous. 

The world has gone mad, mother earth or should I say non binary earth before the thought police come knocking? 

4 hours ago, Rick Sanchez C-137 said:

5 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Seems to be falling apart at the seems. GIDS rated inadequate and now this. 

"And now this" being... ex-senior bod at Tavistock disagrees with current senior bods at Tavistock. 

He is, of course, spot-on about there being too much political debate around gender.  The ceaseless noise, overreactions, accusations and insults from both sides of the debate do nothing to help individual adults and children with complex issues.

5 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

"And now this" being... ex-senior bod at Tavistock disagrees with current senior bods at Tavistock. 

He is, of course, spot-on about there being too much political debate around gender.  The ceaseless noise, overreactions, accusations and insults from both sides of the debate do nothing to help individual adults and children with complex issues.

In the same way the Titanic had an incident free journey until the last hour.  He raised concerns, those concerns were validated by the courts and the inspectors found the place inadequate.  Just a disagreement- mmm. 

In the same way the Titanic had an incident free journey until the last hour.  He raised concerns, those concerns were validated by the courts and the inspectors found the place inadequate.  Just a disagreement- mmm. 

There's still stuff going through the courts and there's still scientific/medical debate ongoing about what's best for the patients at the centre of all this.  So, yeah, "just a disagreement", if you like; but it's a disagreement that people are bringing a lot of biases, preconceptions and political baggage to and it's a disagreement that, one way or another, will have profound implications on people's lives. 

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

There's still stuff going through the courts and there's still scientific/medical debate ongoing about what's best for the patients at the centre of all this.  So, yeah, "just a disagreement", if you like; but it's a disagreement that people are bringing a lot of biases, preconceptions and political baggage to and it's a disagreement that, one way or another, will have profound implications on people's lives. 

Indeed. But you’d think a bloke who made his career in this area would be an ally. He’s not gone into this specific area of medicine to disrupt it, he’s seen it disrupted and standards of care drop. 

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.

"An Internet celebrity who underwent sex reassignment surgery to become a woman announced that she was pregnant yesterday, sparking skepticism and controversy among the public and medical community."

"The pregnancy announcement sparked intense discussion on the Internet, with people questioning how one could be pregnant without a uterus. Jiang’s boyfriend, who goes by the name “Pineapple,” explained that his partner had taken part in experimental medical human subject testing.

Pineapple said that the operation was expensive and risky, but Jiang really wanted to have a baby. The couple claims that it is an “abdominal” (ectopic) pregnancy."

https://taiwanenglishnews.com/transgender-couples-pregnancy-announcement-sparks-medical-controversy/?fbclid=IwAR0ihM4ExCTCCH_NSAN0wlD6rU9BU44D9HJvZUsocKNigcjwneirF5lyBrw

Remember TWAW, if you don’t believe that you’re a bigot.  Most fair minded people are happy to pretend they are, but that’s not enough. You have to believe.  It’s fucking absolutely mental.  People on the Covid thread telling you to believe the science, will mumble something about intersex and spectrums.