You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

On 19/08/2022 at 13:12, LFC 6 Times said:

He’s absolutely maddening, his fitness record and his propensity for “illness” absolutely fucking wrecks my head. But when he’s fit, I think he fits really well into the side. He can carry the ball well and moves the ball quickly and doesn’t over complicate it, he has an excellent touch and is good in tight spaces, links well with the front players, his pressing is superb, and he has a bit of magic in him, for reference his goal at Newcastle, Atletico, Chelsea 2020 at home, palace last season away at OT last season to break the deadlock. 

This is a good description of his strengths. They are quite easy to spot, as are his weaknesses imo. Main weaknesses is that he’s too slow, and not good enough in 50/50s on the ground nor in the air.

With his fitness record though, none of this really matters he should be replaced.

10 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

I think I actually hate him. 

Fact is we had 50 m to spend on a midfielder that should be by now the starter while phasing out Henderson and Milner . All about succession planning and we went all in on this dud . Promised a hybrid of Souness/Gerard and got a Smicer/Biscan levels of hope, performance and disappointment over and over . That’s why I hate him he has set our midfield back 5 years . Also will put it here for prosperity and I hope to hell I am wrong but I don’t get it with Elliott another bits and pieces player and I doubt will be a starter.

The good news is even I haven’t a clue what Makes a good player or not ffs instead of Keita I would have been all in for Delli Ali or Madison at best . But I know a malingering dud when I see it and cannot wait for Naby to be flushed out to the 2nd division of Greek football that’s his level. 

While I am on the rant Jones circle of advisors , family etc need to get up against him and say look what Klopp favours ahead of you . You are better than that get effing stuck in (when fit) there is a massive opportunity in the first team never mind the squad for you this year lad.  

I saw Stevies debut and even though I didn’t know how good a player he would become I left that day knowing we had someone with drive and passion and commitment.  

36 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

This is a good description of his strengths. They are quite easy to spot, as are his weaknesses imo. Main weaknesses is that he’s too slow, and not good enough in 50/50s on the ground nor in the air.

With his fitness record though, none of this really matters he should be replaced.

He's a shithouse, and a bit delicate for this league. Bad combination 

• Upvote 2

43 minutes ago, JohnnyH said:

Imagine moaning about the success of our recruitment? We got one wrong. Oh no. What a disaster. 

Unfortunately for us, probably our biggest 2 failures in the transfer market have been reasonably big money signings who play in those number 8 positions. Both of whom are of the age where you'd expect them to be in their prime now and bridging the gap between the older group of thiago, Henderson and milner to the younger players of Jones and Elliot. While we will always get some transfers wrong, our inability or reluctance to try and fix those mistakes is a problem. In fact it is pretty much the problem facing our side today. If Chamberlain was the player of his 1st season or keita the one people were expecting, nobody would be discussing our midfield problems. It's been clear for years neither of them are suitable, yet we steadfastly refuse to try and remedy the problem and instead it would appear we'd prefer to sit on our hands and watch their contracts tick down. 

I was watching a behind the scenes video of LFC photo shoots this season, and it occurred to me just how meek both Keita and AOC are. Big characters in the squad like Virgil, Milner, Robertson, Henderson, Thiago.  But the two £50m midfielders are pussies. 

Klopp called AOC out when the team were lined up outside for a team photo.  Everyone grinning and bearing it, but AOC with arms folded, teeth chattering, and Klopp spots him and says "come on, it's not THAT cold".  

It seems he's the type of lad that would overly moan about a niggle, or a knock, or tiredness.  Keita seems cut from the same flimsy cloth.

1 hour ago, JohnnyH said:

Imagine moaning about the success of our recruitment? We got one wrong. Oh no. What a disaster. 

No one is moaning about the recruitment. Pretty much everyone was saying we were looking forward to him when he signed. Then at various stages various fans lost hope on him.

What people are moaning now is we have a delicate midfield and instead of fucking Keita off there are talks about extending his contract. Shit happens with recruitment but we have had 5 years to correct that mistake....

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I was watching a behind the scenes video of LFC photo shoots this season, and it occurred to me just how meek both Keita and AOC are. Big characters in the squad like Virgil, Milner, Robertson, Henderson, Thiago.  But the two £50m midfielders are pussies. 

Klopp called AOC out when the team were lined up outside for a team photo.  Everyone grinning and bearing it, but AOC with arms folded, teeth chattering, and Klopp spots him and says "come on, it's not THAT cold".  

It seems he's the type of lad that would overly moan about a niggle, or a knock, or tiredness.  Keita seems cut from the same flimsy cloth.

That strikes me as a bit forced. Chamberlain has spent all of his adult playing career either in London or Liverpool. He's hardly not used to chilly days. He's more inclined to play up to the camera. 'Meek' is certainly not the right word for him, and being 'meek' is not, as far as I know, the cause of suffering quite horrific double injuries to a knee. He's a naturally outgoing character who's just had shit luck and is now being blamed for it by some fans.

Keita is another matter.

45 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

That strikes me as a bit forced. Chamberlain has spent all of his adult playing career either in London or Liverpool. He's hardly not used to chilly days. He's more inclined to play up to the camera. 'Meek' is certainly not the right word for him, and being 'meek' is not, as far as I know, the cause of suffering quite horrific double injuries to a knee. He's a naturally outgoing character who's just had shit luck and is now being blamed for it by some fans.

Keita is another matter.

'Weak' rather than meek,as pertaining to his muscles. Some players are simply not up to the rigours of modern football and OC is one. Thiago another it seems.

15 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I'd throw Karius in there so that's a 100 percent increase on your estimation.. 100 percent! 

Yeah, for me, those are the two Klopp signings who I have no fondness for whatsoever. I actually think I like Keita less though. Karius was so shit that you could argue it wasn't really his fault - that he shouldn't have been playing in the first place. 

1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

'Weak' rather than meek,as pertaining to his muscles. Some players are simply not up to the rigours of modern football and OC is one. Thiago another it seems.

It's all speculative, but I doubt any of us would be seen to be up to such rigours after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, also rupturing the lateral collateral ligament, also damaging the medial ligament whilst tearing the lateral hamstring tendon clean off the bone. All in one incident. That's as bad as it gets, and, even if you recover enough to play after that, the recovery inevitably causes multiple other problems. Ironically, Ox would probably have been treated better if he'd been 'weaker' still and failed to come back at all.

So I guess I just find it a bit sad that some care to treat all of that as if it's some kind of 'meekness' or 'weakness' that is beneath us wonderful ordinary mortals. Whether one wants him at the club or not is another matter, but sometimes being facile about a player for the club who has clearly gone through hell seems a bit too lazy.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, gkmacca said:

It's all speculative, but I doubt any of us would be seen to be up to such rigours after tearing the anterior cruciate ligament, also rupturing the lateral collateral ligament, also damaging the medial ligament whilst tearing the lateral hamstring tendon clean off the bone. All in one incident. That's as bad as it gets, and, even if you recover enough to play after that, the recovery inevitably causes multiple other problems. Ironically, Ox would probably have been treated better if he'd been 'weaker' still and failed to come back at all.

So I guess I just find it a bit sad that some care to treat all of that as if it's some kind of 'meekness' or 'weakness' that is beneath us wonderful ordinary mortals. Whether one wants him at the club or not is another matter, but sometimes being facile about a player for the club who has clearly gone through hell seems a bit too lazy.

At least Ox had started to produce the goods before he got that serious injury against Roma. I think the lad has been desparately unlucky with serious injury in his short time with us.

Keita, conversely, ignored the club advice not to go to AFCON when he was injured, played and made his injury worse. People point to his good games but I dont recollect them. He's always getting knocked off the ball.

It's not my way to slaughter Keita for the miss against Real in the final but it just sums him up to me. He's just a 'water carrier' for a team and not a player to make something happen when you need it.

Hopefully, his agent does talk him into a move. Love Jurgen and trust his judgement but I just think he has a bit of a blind spot about Naby.

Is this the GOT forum? 

This thread is an embarrassment.  Grown men with expressions of 'hate' towards a Liverpool player who clearly has underachieved here.  That happens, grow-up. Our support used to distinguish this club,  reading the cry-arse bitches on here,  demonstrates the fan-base has become as fickle as the rest.  Easy scapegoat; let's all pile in,  don't bother with a thought of your own.  Of course he's underachieved,  so have countless others before him and no-doubt more that follow.  Is this the barometer of LFC support now? Pick a (non-British, of course) scapegoat and leather him.  Convenient excuse making is the Goodison way,  or so I thought... 

Like YNWA means nothing,  embarrassing the club and yourselves.  

• Downvote 4

31 minutes ago, Fallen Angel said:

Is this the GOT forum? 

This thread is an embarrassment.  Grown men with expressions of 'hate' towards a Liverpool player who clearly has underachieved here.  That happens, grow-up. Our support used to distinguish this club,  reading the cry-arse bitches on here,  demonstrates the fan-base has become as fickle as the rest.  Easy scapegoat; let's all pile in,  don't bother with a thought of your own.  Of course he's underachieved,  so have countless others before him and no-doubt more that follow.  Is this the barometer of LFC support now? Pick a (non-British, of course) scapegoat and leather him.  Convenient excuse making is the Goodison way,  or so I thought... 

Like YNWA means nothing,  embarrassing the club and yourselves.  

Jones gets hammered mate, a British player.